1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

For only a snip

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

BRISTOL TODAY mentioned on the NEWSNOW website report that.........The City manager is pleased to get such an exciting player (Bolasie) for a snip.........they also say that they believe the price was around £50.000 a fraction of his value a chance not to be missed !!!..............

You bet it was a snip.......I would have bought him him for that, to keep my too large garden under control.

Surely we are not that desperate for money that we have to give players away to any passing vulture..........is it really that bad that we allow our bones to be picked as if we were a dead carcass in the desert.

I havn't heard of any of our layed off players being picked up for a snippet as yet,have I missed it !!!

2. mouldyoldgoat

Its sad but Argyle have real history letting players go for peanuts! What I saw of him, I liked Bolasie and we will miss him. For all the agro certain posters gave Sturrock on BBC, he did find some great players even if they were a bit rough around the edges.

3. Westernmac

Westernmac Member

The problem was he could have walked over the non-payment thing. There was either getting a few bob or nothing at all. Under the circumstances a bit of a no-brainer, I'm afraid.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He'd given us fourteen days notice of leaving,shame we couln't get more than the sharks offered.

With us being a buyers market I'm surprised we have any reasonable players left,that could change if they claim their rights of giving PAFC fourteen days notice.

Just hurry up and get us out of administration Mr Guilfoyle, before it's too late.

5. mouldyoldgoat

He seems to be taking his time. At this rate we'll have no players left!

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It,s having players, that stops us being a well run club, like passengers making buses late by actually stopping them to get on, I ask you what next.

7. distantgreen

distantgreen New Member

I don't think we've seen the last of players leaving for 'a snip' as it's being termed. I think Joe Mason followed by young Nelson will be the next to leave and probably for a fraction of the price they would command at another club. Sadly it's a fact of being part of Plymouth Argyle, finances are so bad at the club we fans have to accept that there is no alternative but to sell our best players however low the price so that the club can keep going. Business has to come first I'm afraid.

8. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

As Plymborn has pointed out - he had activated the 14 days for contract termination, his statement at the beginning of May claiming he was fully committed to the club was simply to paint him as a good guy before he jumped ship. I don't blame him for looking after his career and I hope he does well but I am glad we got something for him £50,000 aint much but he could have left for nothing.

Now we just have to start taking bets on who will be next Nelson or Mason...

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think they've chained the tea lady and her urn to the kitchen table,........just like the high street sales........"every thing must go, yes simple all old stock must be sold".........got to make room for next years most wanted Itemsl................don't worry about the quality feel the width.........buy 2011/12 best offers and hope they've at least got two legs (for goalkeepers...read ....two arms) Thats the way to sell it.

10. chudleighgreen

chudleighgreen New Member

Who exactly will we have playing for the club next season???

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The tea lady and her urn come cheap.

Don't forget Fletcher's committed to the cause,...........cause I've taken up my extra years option on my contract (Championship wages ?).

12. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Greenjock´s also offered his services in midfield, I feel I may offer the perfect replacement for Fallon have zero pace or control, poor position and am naturally bone idle with the added bonus of apathy, so should be the perfect fit.
    Shame we lost a good player for that price but had little choice. 50K isn´t going to replace him with better that´s for sure.

Hey Distant good to see you found your way over here, I hear rumours your stalker is close behind too!!

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

mouldyoldgoat..........sometimes you have to let players go for peanuts..........because you can't afford the ridiculous wages anymore that you've been paying them for being very average players.

All to do with being away from the bright lights of the big metropolises, last stop before America. THe girl friend or wife doesn't want to be so far from their families and friends.

You tempt them with wages that their not worth, just to come to the far away outskirts of civilization to compensate for the travel sickness that they have to put up with.

14. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I could do dribbling down the wing if that is any good. Wouldn't have to water that bit as well saving on the Water bill.

I made my feelings clear on the Bolaise thred previously. Loyalty only stretches so far and of course we will have to sell. It isn't as if there is much choice in the matter is there. We will have 11 players and 6 subs on match day come season kick off. The who that is question is yet to be answered but we will have players here. Not long to go now before the grand announcement and I suspect the bring in bit will take off pretty soon thereafter. Who knows what gems will turn up. Bolaise and anyone else leaving will soon be yesterdays news.

15. Masseyferguson

Masseyferguson New Member

What in gods name is going on with the club I love. We aint going to have enough to field a team next season at this rate and who will want to sign and play with a bunch of 15 year olds.
    This aint good.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I could dribble down my shirt if that would make the numbers up.