1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

For Your Next Visit

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Resurgam, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Good day gooners,

As it seems that my team (Norwich) may just stay up this season, you obviously will be playing us next season. To help you with your visit to Norfolk, please find below a document which will make your trip easier <laugh>

Notes of Interest.

It is only necessary to produce this passport if challenged OR traveling in the county of Norfolk. They (the locals) only object to furriners (you) coming into their domain and NOT leaving it. In fact they have been known to assist vacating holiday – makers and visiting football fans with a pitch fork or well aimed turnip.
    If, as an immigrant, you may have purchased an illegal Norfolk passport on the black market, you have obviously not been residing in the county for the statutory 38 years.
    Beware if any locals pretend to accept you after 20 years, as this will certainly be a bluff and normally happens in a public house when you are buying a round. So, do not be fooled, they are not as slow as they make out. Indeed, they have a saying:- ‘Yow ken allus tell a Norfick bor, but yow keernt tell im much’

USEFUL PHRASES:

Good morning: Ar ya orrite
    Good afternoon: Ar ya orrite
    Good evening: Ar ya orrite
    Hello: Hay ya gitting on tagether
    Goodbye: Fare ya well tagether or Dew yow keep a troshun
    Unfortunate situation: A buggers muddle
    To chat with someone: Mardle
    To think someone is backward: Yow siller owld fule.
    Unimportant chatter: Squit
    Below standard: Thas a rumman
    A violent threat: Blast bor, yowl git a ding-a-tha-lug
    Feeling quite well: Fare t’ middlin

FAMILY NAMES:

Father: Far
    Mother: Martha
    Boy: Bor
    Girl: Gal

A common question asked when trying to catch furriners out is: ‘Hay ya far got a dicky bor?’
    This means: ‘Has your father got a donkey boy?.

PLEASE FILL IN THE GAPS AS APPROPRIATE.

FOTA

Last Nearme:
    Farst Nearmes:
    Okapeershun:
    Plearce o’ Buth.

NOTES ON FILLING OUT THE PASSPORT

Surname: (larst nearme) - Always use a local one such as: skipper, Thrasher, Basher Thumper, Muddler, Cruncher or similar.

Christian names: (farst nearmes) – Again, go for a local one such as: Humper, Spike, Didler, Thruster, Blinker, Catcher or something similar.

Occupation: (Okapeershun) - Fearmer, Ret catcher, Kreeber, Sugarbeet Larry droiver or simply put I wark at the tearky fearm.

Photograph: (Fota) – When posing, always hold a frozen turkey or sugar beet in front of you, place a straw in the corner of your mouth and piece of black paper over one of your two front teeth, smile and look at the ceiling with a simple expression on your face.

Place of birth: (Plearce o’ Buth) - Choose a tricky one such as Happisburgh – Haysbra, Wymondham – Windham, or Hunstanton - Hunston

2. Gunner B Late

Gunner B Late Member

If someone hits on my sister should I say

'Hands off, shes mine!'

?

3. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

My Father was born in 1927 and raised in Norfolk on a fearm. He claimed to have played for Norwich City at one point during a flu epidemic that laid out a lot of the team. He could still do the accent 'til the day he died, and I couldn't understand a word of it.

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Nice to see an original comment <yawn>