1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FPP to take full control

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Whiteleas Wanderer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

I thought Ellis Short had run the club into the ground when he lost interest in his last 2 seasons. How wrong I was. Donald and Co. have taken us to a whole new level of ****ness. First Rodwell who has overseen clubs go into administration at worst and multiples of relegation at best. Now we have another of his cronies from Eastleigh. I fear for the club's very existence if the Oxford/Eastleigh mafia stay here much longer.

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I couldn't argue mate ...

... but wtf is their motivation?

Chizno1 likes this.
  3. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

Good question Smug. Excess of self-belief over ability?

Maybe they really believe that they can make us successful.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  4. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

I can' fathom it myself mate. There is no logic to it. Everything is done short term and to save money (i.e. selling promising youth players) the logical conclusion to that is the quality of players and officials goes down pro rata. That inevitably leads to relegation in my mind, and there comes a point when a club as large as SAFC simply cannot afford to operate at all any more as the incomings dwindle so much that they do not cover the running costs of the infrastructure of a 49,000 capacity stadium and state of the art training facilities.

ISOE II likes this.
  5. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

It’s hard to believe but I don’t actually feel anything anymore I don’t seem to have any link with this club at all it’s not even my club for f ucks sake and the only conclusion I can come to is they are actually planning on closing it and selling the land there doesnt seem to be any other explanation. So the question is do you lads want to stick with Donald or start from afresh or is there other realistic alternatives

6. wearside wanderer II

wearside wanderer II Well-Known Member

I might have this wrong.

they have £20m from the club, depending on who you ask they have paid between 5-12m, if they want the can run it down to the ground, put it into admin and still walk away with a canny profit.
    None of it makes sense but other than the seats they haven’t made any good decisions.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    John 11:35 likes this.
  7. Wayne the Punk

Wayne the Punk Well-Known Member

They have basically paid off a debt with the clubs own parachute payments, but then allegedly want it included in their selling price :) :) :) I am also very interested in the Rodwell link, if he was involved in the EFL team that deemed our wonderful owner as fit and proper, and then suddenly gets a job with the club, well thats a whole new angle

ISOE II and John 11:35 like this.
  8. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

**** me, issued a warning over the road for calling Richard Hill an incompetent, baldy little fat ****er. Inappropriate language, I thought it was quite appropriate

9. Perritts Parrot

Perritts Parrot Well-Known Member

You'll be over here for a couple of months like the rest of us undesirables .or permanently :emoticon-0100-smile

Blond Bombshell and Confucius like this.
  10. Hedley_safc

Hedley_safc Member

I have come to the conclusion that if the Americans were still about and waiting in the wings they would be advising SD etc at the club. There is no way they would have allowed yesterdays **** show to happen it's a PR disaster and potentially a huge hit in revenue. I believe the loan was paid back and they are long gone sadly.

11. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Think its obvious now that initially they cut back to the bone to minimize outgoings with the hope of
    promotion and a quick lucrative sale. That's out the window now
    Would have thought they would cut their losses, break even or make a small profit
    Hanging on is likely to cost them but these recent appointments seem to me no indicate a sale is no where near.
    So I'm with you on the current situation. wtf is their motivation?

Smug in Boots likes this.
  12. Confucius

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. wearside wanderer II

that’s you on The dartboard

Huds0n, Perritts Parrot and Confucius like this.
  14. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

****ing hell, I'd struggle to think of any more appropriate language for him

15. Guinness Guzzler

No need for them to do that tbh. They want the club for x, Donald wants to sell it for y. If they sit on their hands and let Donald **** everything up, which they likely know he will, and season card holders walk away then all of a sudden there's a deficit that Donald has to fund. He doesn't have enough money to do it for long so will eventually need to get rid and would have to revise his asking price nearer to x. If I was them I'd be sitting back and laughing at him tbh, I certainly wouldn't be advising him

16. Boot Cleaner

Boot Cleaner Well-Known Member

Call out the mod who warned you to suck yer ball sack and reveal themselves and join me on my ban for the same....

17. Guinness Guzzler

Said before, I think Donald is like a bad gambler. You could see it with Grigg, he had to chase the win even when everyone was telling him to walk away. Donald will chase his losses here. He thought he could make £20m profit, he had that in his head, it would make up (and more ) for the money he lost at Eastleigh. The chance was likely lost after the play off but, like a bad gambler on a fruit machine, he doesn't want to just accept it, break even or take as small a loss as possible. Instead he thinks keep cutting costs and hope to get it right on the pitch (he's said before he believes you can go up without spending anything), so he stays another season, spins the wheel again , not realising that the people he's got at the club are blatantly as out of their depth as he is. He'll ruin us, and likely himself, if he can't be convinced to walk away

18. Confucius

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

19. wearside wanderer II

He messed up hugely after the play offs. The failed Campbell takeover ensured that there was no plan, which basically has been the deliverance since he came here.
    The blokes probably scared to come here now and rightly so

Blond Bombshell and DH4 like this.
  20. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Seems reasonable to me. No surprise the mods got the arse though.

RIC and Confucius like this.