1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FPP to take full control

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Whiteleas Wanderer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

JC91 and BigPete like this.
  2. Wackyjacky

Wackyjacky Well-Known Member

Totally, on about a conference call with the new owner and 5 fans, as if that's going to happen.

3. Agent Black Cat

Agent Black Cat Well-Known Member

He is clear close to someone (Methvin?) but the problem is he posts riddles / sounds drunk and then pisses off for several hours. Absolute chaos.

Blond Bombshell and Magnus like this.
  4. ROKER REVIEW

ROKER REVIEW Active Member

I thought he meant that. I read it a few times, hard to work out what he says. I think he's a canny bloke, exchanged a few PM's with him, never actually met him in person. But he seems very pro SD & CM. It's not what the majority want to hear right now. We need new ownership desperately.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  5. ROKER REVIEW

ROKER REVIEW Active Member

Yep, says he knows CM well. Also knows Jim Rodwell.

6. wearside wanderer II

wearside wanderer II Well-Known Member

Bless Bob he’s arl owa the shop, imagine having a Nespresso with Rodders and then getting asked to find out what the fans want :)

7. Wackyjacky

Wackyjacky Well-Known Member

The thing is, when he first came onto the boards I'm sure he wasn't as pro SD & CM, in fact I can't remember him sticking up for them at all. He just seems to have changed his tune over the last few weeks and now slating the fans, his persona has flipped right over. I didn't used to mind him and thought he did have contacts in the early days and he said it was through is business associate Gary Flitcroft. Then his spelling and typing was atrocious and whilst still not great it's a million times better now, I'm doubting it's even the same person.

8. Agent Black Cat

Agent Black Cat Well-Known Member

I am sure he said he was sat next to Methven at a fan event which was featured on STID2.

9. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

he also like Methven blaming everything on the fans shocking

10. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was the bald lad in the middle at the top table at the Queen Vic during methrens fan appeaser iirc

11. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

I think he's meaning to say that there's a video conference with prospective new owners and he's PM'd 5 people on RTG about it.

12. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

It also reads like he'll be on the conference call, which I can't imagine! And just a couple of days ago he was saying it looked like the new people weren't coming in, he changes like the wind. The lad who posted about how madbob tried to look ITK about Rodwell coming in was quite damning as well. Sounds like he just throws enough around and hopes something sticks

13. Ozzymac

Fair call

14. 6inarow

6inarow Well-Known Member

I think Bob also said that this week is Rodwells first week in the Job on site so to speak (he moves into a house up here if ive read it properly) and we will see changes start to happen, hope he right on that one cos something needs to..

15. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Bob also said weeks ago about something jaw dropping about to happen and “just wait and see who he gets rid of." So far there hasn’t been a jaw dropping appointment and the only people leaving the club are 80% of the fans.
    The daft thing is, let’s just say for one minute that it’s true, he knows them (he was actually pictured alongside Rodwell), he gets stuff from or via someone. Bob also tell us that the club reads the board, which I am sure they would, so why would they want stuff like that getting out unless it suited them. If it is all true, he is being used, but doesn't realise it or doesn’t want to for a seat at the dinner parties.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  16. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

He'll need to forgive me for taking all that with a pinch of salt since he also said give him three weeks and we'd all realise the impact he'd have (or something along those lines) only for the only impact to be pissing off almost every season card holder. He also went on about big hard Jim who would shake everything up, but looking at his CV I'd be surprised if he manages to shake his cock after a piss.

Every club has, at best, stood still with him involved, most regressed. His main remit at Scunthorpe was overseeing them move to their new stadium, which they still haven't done (they've been relegated though). Notts County have been a shambles for years and seem no better when he was there. Fans of his old clubs have been unanimous in saying he wasn't impressive and, and many cases, was almost invisible.

I'm sick of these useless pricks with **** CVs waltzing in here because they know Charlie methven, and I'm sick of the ultra positive posters who keep screaming "give them time" whilst we fester in league one. I'm going to assume Rodwell is as **** as the rest of them until he actually does something good, regardless of what "madbob" proclaims about him; so far he's presumably been tasked with representing us as we try to get the league continued (with his EFL board links they'll definitely have hoped for that) and with communicating the season card decision (having presumably been a part of the discussions), the season looks certain to stop and the season card thing is one of the most embarrassing episodes out of our extensively large catalogue of **** things. When we have owners capable of making the occasional good appointment I'll start having more patience with their new employees.

Wackyjacky, SAFC2403, Gatesy and 19 others like this.
  17. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I have to agree Guzzler, well said.

As things stand everyone at the club is guilty until proved innocent ...

... except the supporters whether they still hope things will turn out for the best or not.

I just have to remind myself that we'll be here long after these clowns have gone.

Dorset, DH4, Kittenmittons and 6 others like this.
  18. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Spot on mate!

19. Ozzymac

Great post. Particularly liked the cock shaking part

DH4 and Guinness Guzzler like this.
  20. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Friday or Thursday it was.