1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FPP to take full control

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Whiteleas Wanderer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Rhinos Legend

Rhinos Legend Well-Known Member

I think with Oxford he could have a stake in them but not be allowed to be board member.

2. ISOE II

ISOE II Well-Known Member

3. RIC

RIC Well-Known Member

What is the percentage chance of deal going through mate?

4. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

Yeah that is a very confusing article. It's tricky because every bidder will tell the Chronicle or Echo that they are legit and have loads of cash even if they don't.

But it seems fishy that they wouldn't even respond. Something must be up there.

5. RIC

RIC Well-Known Member

Like the chancer. scumbag he is. Thinks hes a mini Cashley

Robertson likes this.
  6. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

We now need the national media to pick up on all of these local stories over the past few weeks, especially this one if it's true what the Chronicle are claiming and start piling the pressure on and showing him for what he is. National media may also tempt one or 2 of the 'ignored' groups to come out and state their intentions and confirm the media claims. If this happened there would honestly be no way to turn for SD, he would be bricked in and no way out.

And with Google at our fingertips, it wouldn't be hard to find out the wealth of anybody who is interested and work out if they 'could' be serious or not.

Come on national media! Get your **** together and get this news out there to everybody! I mean, we do have one board member, who is a fan, and works for the biggest sports channel in the UK who just so happen to have a news channel...

7. Bob Cheval

Bob Cheval Well-Known Member

No idea any more. Situation was very different when the FPP deal first came along. Now only one shareholder is actively involved.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. Bob Cheval

Bob Cheval Well-Known Member

He hasn’t held up any deal though has he? There is a deal in place. It is just the terms of the deal that have been the sticking point. Donald wants to sell at Championship club price but any buyer is buying a League One club. Donald is within his rights not to sell if he thinks he can get the club promoted.

gillmackem likes this.
  9. Wackyjacky

Wackyjacky Well-Known Member

That's the flaw in the argument, he's doing nothing to suggest he can with the shocking recruitment and limited investment for signings and we're regressing not progressing because of it.

Robertson and Makemstine Roger like this.
  10. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The problem, all along, has been that Donald wants to have his cake and eat it ...

... plus he wants more cakes when they're baked.

It's sheer greed and it's now costing us, shame on him.

11. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

If Donald's intention was to turn Sunderland into that footballing powerhouse that is Eastleigh, he sure is going the right way about it.

12. Kittenmittons

You what? :D

13. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

14. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

It's impossible to filter out the wheat from the chaff where Donald is concerned. Almost everything he says publicly is a drift from what has already been said or will be contradicted later.

The only predictable thing about him seems to be his unswerving loyalty to people he has known from the past. It's weird in my view, inward looking and very small time. Someone should tell him that the story about Caligula sending his horse to the senate probably wasn't true.

Robertson and Owld Feller like this.
  15. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

I thought Donald wished he had accepted the FPP deal and not ****ed about. Probably not though.

Rather than make a good profit and sell us to a powerful new owner, he is just looking out for himself. And a few more millions.

Owld Feller likes this.
  16. Kittenmittons

Good analogy.

The Chronicle piece is mental. He's rejecting bids, yet apparently desperate, selecting preferred bidders, yet almost simultaneously saying that they won't get anywhere quickly... people not being responded to is very weird because it's right to not burn bridges.

The only thing that gives me pause is the amount of info coming from people who want us. Obviously they will have one version of events and interpretations of things.

It is strange that of all the interested parties he can't find one that ticks all the boxes.

ISOE II, Robertson and Gil T Azell like this.
  17. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I'm not clued up on finances or whatever is happening over there but if the Chronicle is to be believed my very simple take on this is that he is not actively trying to sell at all.

Draig, DH4 and Sunderpitt like this.
  18. Iansun

Iansun Well-Known Member

But he's doing what's best for the club by all accounts, god I detest these ****s me

19. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

The trouble is that he does seem to have found one, bloody Mark Campbell who should be allowed nowhere near a football club. Since he'd be a disaster for us I can only assume that Donald is out purely for himself without even a passing thought about the club.

Owld Feller, DH4 and Dave_39 like this.
  20. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I thought Campbell had already failed the "fit person" role by the EFL and couldnt even produce the funds for to purchase Falkirk.