1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Frankie

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Jun 15, 2020.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

There were a couple of posts mentioning jockey form yesterday so I had a little look. I was amazed to find that Sr Dettori's last eleven rides have the following form figures; 11121122121
    That is pretty impressive by anyones standards. Looking at the rides he has had it has been quality over quantity but then looking forward to Royal Ascot this week he has an astonishingly good book of rides. He is 6/4 fav to be top jockey at the meeting and that looks like almost buying money to me.
    On day one he has;
    You really wouldnt put it past him to do it again now would you..............

SwanHills, Archers Road and Ron like this.
  2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

The man has to go down as one of the greats of the turf. I didn't bother doing the stats, but I think the horses he's ridden have collect somewhere around a 100 million pounds. 250 G1 wins too boot as well.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he builds empathy with some of the horses he rides. Have you seen video's of him at the stables with Enable? He actually loves her and she loves him

4. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

And he didn’t ride King Of Comedy!! He seems to be picking his rides carefully too.

5. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Not be long before he stops riding out for third to cost EW/placepot punters

6. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

It helps riding for Gosden, who is 29/95 (31%) at the moment. Even I could have won on some of them and I'm nearly 16 stone (Correct weight for my height if I was 6ft 11in tall)

I recall a decent Placepot going astray when Frankie dropped his hands on one whose winning chance had gone. She was nailed on the line and finished 4th instead of 3rd I am sort of over that disgust nowadays. Sometimes I can go as long as 15 minutes without thinking about it. :emoticon-0106-cryin

Cyclonic and As We Know like this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I hated Frankie for a while over Treve. But I'm over it now, I think. Still the best jockey around for me

8. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

It doesn't say much for the current standard of jockeys that Dettori is still constantly schooling them, and I never seem to learn betting against him with inferior jockeys who just don't have his timing and rhythm.

Similar watching Mike Smith in America, the composure and timing is the difference in a lot of tight races.