1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fridays breakfast debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bucks_is_leeds, Feb 19, 2016.

1. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, i thought id give El the morning off as hes been under the weather. Below is the transcipt of evans press conference

Evans: "Busier than normal, it must be Watford."

Evans: "We are taking on the second biggest success story of the Premier League this season.

Evans on Boro game: "Middlesbrough were very fortunate to escape with a point."#lufc#lufclive

Evans: "We won't play the same way as Monday night, we have been working hard on a plan."

Evans: "Chris Wood won't make it. He has a virus that would have taken him out on his own."

Evans: "Berardi has trained this week and we want to put him in." Sounds like might feature this weekend

Evans talking up Troy Deeney for England. Thinks he can make it.

Evans: "I have bought three lottery tickets, I have more chance with that then guessing what team Watford play."

Evans on emergency loans: "We cannot be a club that helps players get fit for the Euros."

Evans: "Mid table at Leeds United is failure for the coaches. Next year has to be a promotion challenge

Evans: "Getting a draw at Watford probably gives us 30,000 at Elland Road for a replay.

Evans: "This isn't a league game, there's no coming back. If you are average on the day, you're out."

Evans on Joey Barton: "If I'd have been head coach here I wouldn't have made a phone call, I'd be sitting at the top of his drive

SE says the "we cant just help people get fit for Euros" comment does not mean not interested in Lafferty, but wants players long term

Evans: "Chris Wood has got a little virus that gives you a problem top to bottom and people will know what I mean by that."

Phil Hay

Evans spoke about the protests and said the players have no excuse for letting any of that affect them.

Evans: "If players start saying it's affecting them, they're probably just not playing well enough." Says it hasn't been an issue at all.

Evans also said off-field issues here would have no negative effect on recruitment (in response to Joey Barton comments. "None whatsoever."

Evans had a bit of swipe at Redfearn's comments of who he'd planned to sign at Leeds (Barton, Adam etc): "We can all pass on wish lists."

Asked if Evans was saying Redfearn's list was unrealistic. "Possibly, with where the club was in that moment."

Evans: "If you're going to make claims that you've spoken to players, the fans have to believe it. You have to make sure you're accurate."

Evans spoke quite passionately about the need for FA Cup replays. Said some in Premier League "need to remember where they've come from."

Evans: "In the lower leagues and non-league, a replay can be the difference between making it through a season." #lufc

Evans says he and Cellino have spoken regularly in the past few days but not about the recent protests

So, what's everyone's plans for the weekend? Where you watching the game and what's your predictions? I'm going for a optimistic 1-1 <ok>

ristac and The-Don like this.
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning Bucks, could not log on until now and have to go straight into a meeting. Came in 7.15 to do the match thread, but have to start work in a few mins

3. TogetherOnMarching

TogetherOnMarching Active Member

Very quiet on here so I thought I'd chime in and say hi. How are things Bucks, you good?

4. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I'm really quite scared of Watford <laugh>

5. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

They could destroy us. I think we will turn up though. Just a feeling <ok>

6. patb

patb Well-Known Member

does that mean he's **** upfront aswell as having the trots (sorry can't spell Diarrhea)

Farsleyexile likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all, site was broke again this morning, just tried posting this and it took two attempts, not worth typing anything longer.

What happened?
    The web server reported a bad gateway error.

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Warnock signs Paddy Kenny for Rotherham

9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

2 views about this game:

1. Logical approach: we'll defend & try to hit them on the break. It'll either be a draw, or one team will win by a single goal.
    2. Go for it approach: we'll go at them from the start & be in their face for the 90 mins. Idea will be that they will not expect this & become unsettled enough to concede.

Not sure which I approve of. If we take the logical approach, we know we can defend well, however, Watford are scoring for fun atm, so I expect us to concede at some point (but not a cricket score). If we go at them, there's a chance we might take the wind out of their sails & smash their game plan & composure (or it might explode in our face).

Then again, I know bugger all. Think Evans will come up with something, and I'm sure it will be more effective than my ramblings :D

10. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. Cup match & a chance for some of the squad to get a game. As to whether we can win, much will depend on who Watford have in their squad. That said, I take us to at least get a draw.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Play like we did against Boro and we will have a chance. Antenucci was totally ineffective so same as we were with the addition of Carayol on the bench, Erwin starting.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
: lufc, lufclive