1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

fulham away

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by canary on the weald, Oct 16, 2014.

1. canary on the weald

canary on the weald Active Member

got my tickets,and looking foreward to the game at craven cottage on saturday. what are peoples views on our chances? can we throw off our fulham hoodoo? my own view is if we cant do it now,the way they are playing we never will! i have us down for a 0-2 win

2. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Their form has picked up considerably under the caretaker manager. They have a strong squad for this division.

Ours is still stronger and if we play to our best we should win comfortably, but I have a feeling it is going to be a draw. In the circumstances I think that's a good result, though there will no doubt be complaints

3. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with a draw, no matter how we or they are performing they just seem to have a knack of beating us, be it 5-0 if we dont turn up or sneak it when we're the better side like last season, the bastards!

Bah!

4. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

In my four trips there watching the Canaries we are currently 0-15 so hopefully tomorrow I'll at least see us score a bloody goal!!

5. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

6. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

The last time City beat Fulham away both teams were in the 2nd division (now championship) City finished 1st and got promoted Fulham were relegated that season. Where are the teams in the league now?

7. Canary Rob

One of the things I'm worried about is that they are deliberately delaying the announcement of Hughton as their manager until shortly before tomorrow's match. Would certainly be an interesting psychological tactic

8. Tony_Munky_Canary

Is he likely to be in post this weekend? Can't see how it would have any negative impact on us, potentially quite the opposite in fact.

Hope he does well there by the way if he does get the gig <ok>

9. Canary Rob

Lots of talk yesterday and I saw more this morning. So it's possible.

I agree it could well have a positive impact on us, but it could go either way! Finding out your previous manager has just been appointed moments before going on to the pitch could "get in their heads". There would also be the supposed impetus to the Fulham squad of trying to prove themselves in front of their new manager. It's one of those "psyche out" tactics that could backfire, though, as you say.

Pure speculation from me so it probably won't happen, but it would be interesting if they try it

10. Tony_Munky_Canary

I'd say it's a different situation from when we played against Lambert's Villa for the first time - he had chosen to leave us and to move on to what he considered a 'bigger' club at a time when nobody wanted him to leave and therefore I can imagine a lot of his former players might have had a bit of a mental battle going on in the build up and during those games, seeing their successful manager who had done such great things for their careers in the opposition dugout.

Obviously Hootun had nowhere near as positive an impact on the club and players, and as we are faring so much better under our new manager I don't envisage it being anything like the same issue.

11. Canary Rob

Good point <ok>

I was more thinking purely the timing of it - just before k/o. But agreed it probably simply won't have the same impact as a manager that's been successful. More likely it won't happen anyway!

12. BillyNCFC

BillyNCFC Well-Known Member

4000 norwich fans going, hopefully hughton in the stands visible somewhere, its gonna be a cracker i can't wait.

(we're gonna lose 3-0 now aren't we)

13. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

Can't wait it should be a cracker it's my daughters first visit to Craven cottage and a nice walk by the thames on the way..

14. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tis certainly a beautiful stroll to the ground, particularly as the weather is supposed to be pretty glorious tomorrow as well.