1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Sep 11, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Our first game back where we belong, happy days!
    From the presser some of the new recruits are not up to full fitness and will take a couple of weeks, so who knows who may start.
    It will be a very tough game against a top side tomorrow but hopefully we will spring a surprise or two.
    Enough from me, just hope we do ourselves justice and I'll be watching on BT Sport, Mrs 2WS has an app!
    We can talk about the positives after the game tomorrow .

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

My prediction is that our side will be similar to the end of last year: Rodak; Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Cairney, Onomah; Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic.

I imagine that Robinson, Lemina & Areola will make the bench (alongside Christie, Anguissa, Kebano & Reid), but that Tete & Aina won't.

Let's see how close I get!

2whitestripes likes this.
  3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'd go along with that line up, but may be with Kebano starting instead of Cavaleiro. Probably a place on the bench for Kamara.
    Don't think it would be a good idea to put the new guys in straight away, give them time to bed in, but also it wouldn't do the team spirit much good if new were shoved in immediately for old.
    Because we may have a CB problem I wonder if Tete could eventually be slotted in there next to Hector ?

4. 2whitestripes

I had contemplated the same SBM, he has 2 good feet and pretty quick I understand.

5. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

I was close, 9/11 & 16/18. The AK47 start was certainly a curveball.

6. 2whitestripes

Pretty close Surlyc, Kebano and AK start instead of Knockaert and Mitro.
    Is Mitro still getting back to fitness from his injury he did play in the international/s?

7. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Aresenal were on top form today. I thought we played quite well first despite not really creating any chances. We should not be too dispirited, Arsenal were too good today. Credit to Parker for keeping the same side that got us promoted, there will be better days ahead.

8. 2whitestripes

A good summary COYW, it was unlikely we would be playing Arsenal off the park. A solid performance and we didn't collapse and give up, and as you say there will be better days but against lesser opposition.

9. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

It's only the first game so can't judge yet. So only observations.
    First half early chance to put Arsenal under pressure not taken by Kamara. Last season we had a problem in many games when we went a goal down early and never recovered, is that a confidence thing, because generally when we went ahead in a game we played better.
    Does Scott Parker over think his tactics ?
    Cairney is supposed to be one of our star players but he doesn't influence games enough and yesterday played very deep. Mitrovic not starting needs to be explained, injury? fitness? internationals? tactics? You'd think Mitro to start, batter their defence, the old saying if you see one of the oppositions best players on the bench then you have a smile on your face, Kamara on as sub for speed near the end.

10. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

I think the starting line up was a statement from Parker. He used basically the same team that started at Brentford and the rationale that players get into the squad based on their performance.

You are right about when we score first or lose the first goal. Confidence is everything and we are going to have to the patient this season and be behind the team at all times if they are putting the effort in. Leeds had a good game yesterday, our next opponent, it's gunna be a tough ride this season.

2whitestripes likes this.