1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulham COYW, May 19, 2011.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Well it's the last game of the season and we are sitting pretty and have a chance to go one spot higher if we beat Arsenal.

I've certainly missed all those European games this season and it's seemed to make it go so quickly without them. I think it is also because we have had so few Saturday 3pm kickoffs this time round. I much prefer a Saturday kickoff and my pre-match pub routine !

Sunday will be interesting as we have been playing well and getting good results. The Liverpool game however was a shock and I can't get that result out of my head when I look at predicting how the Arsenal game will go.

Arsenal must surely be up for this game. It's likely whatever happens though, they will be 4th - They have had such bad results recently and must be getting hell from their manager. At the very least, they must be hoping to finish on a small high.

Anyway, I'm predicting a scoreline of 1-1 and saying a sad farewell to Gera, Pantsil and Scalcido (hopefully) - Wonder if Gera might get a game ?

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

The two horror home games of the season have been the result of one exceptional player in each case: Carlos Tevez and Luis Suarez. I don't see an equivalent in the Arsenal team. Not to say Arsenal can't win, but I'd be surprised if they tore us apart.

3. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

I think Arsenal are there for the taking. Two teams with not too much to play for, it will probably be an open free-flowing game. 7th place would be an amazing finish to the season considering where we were last December. I think Sparkys done a great job in his first season, hopefully we can finish it strong with a home win. I'm going for a 2-1 win.

4. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

If this game was away, I could see us going down heavily. But currently we are on an up (save a red blooper), whilst they have quite literally plumetted. I can see a 2-0 win comfortably against a hugely dispirtited Arsenal side, who spend the game looking for the perfect goal rather than have a shot when they can- imo one of arsenals greateset flaws. 2-0 is honest opinion, I think we should have this one.
    COYW

5. rocky57

rocky57 Member

It's an unpredictable game. Fulham are the form team yet we have to admit, despite their poor finish, that Arsenal are capable of tearing sides apart. There are odds of around 25/1 on a 2-0 score which I believe is good value.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Never mind the form we're in, with the form Rocky's in with his tips at the moment, you'd be a fool to pick any other score. 2-0 it is!

7. RobespierreFFC

Thats some good odds there rocky, I'll be very tempted by that indeed. As for the game, what I noticed about our play when we didn't have the ball against birmingham was the speed in which we pressed in midfield. Murphy and dempsey made some good tackles for example and while arsenal are a massively better footballing side than birmingham, their current lack of form could cause them to get frustrated. I'm curious as to how we'll line up, with hughes have played at right back at the weekend and senderos in the middle. We could play pantsill for his final game (and lap of honour) though given he hasn't even been a sub lately then I'm not sure that this is likely. I also think etuhu would be worth playing to frustrate the likes of wilshere and nasri, but sidwell has been playing decent lately so I'm not sure we can justify dropping him. But nonetheless feeling very confident, a win for us and everton losing to chelsea then we'll finish 7th! What a season that would be considering the boxing day debacle which left us in 18th and chanting 'hughes out!' How times change.

8. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

The last game of the season is often a strange one. Established players looking forward to time off don't always have their heads in the game while players on the fringe want to make a lasting impression on their managers before the seaon's over. Should be an open, entertaining game. Sendros will get a chance to play against his old mates.

My prediction - the pace of Walcott and Nasri will prove too much for Salcido, forcing him into series of fouls that will lead to a red card about half way through the second half.

9. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Doh! Thar goes my bet dr.

10. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Sorry, Rocky ... 2-0 it is.

11. valjing

valjing Member

For you betting lads good odds can be got,
    Fulham 4 0 AJ hat trick + another.

12. rocky57

rocky57 Member

That one comes off rf you could buy the club.

13. valjing

valjing Member

Rocky I like that one:cheesy::cheesy:

14. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

I was hoping for something like 2-1, but would take 1-1.
    However, it is a concern that Lawro has gone for a 2-1 home win.

And yes, it would be great to have Gera on at some point during the match. Hopefully Salcido (as suggested by DR), nor anyone else gets a red card.

COYW

15. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Just because I'm an awkward so & so and I know how fate twists your arm I put on a double for Salcido to score & Blackpool to win. Very good odds on an unlikely outcome but not enough to pay for an hour's wages for one of the squad should it come up!

16. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I'm at the cottage this saturday after winning my two tickets at a barclays cashpoint - a year ago I won them would you beleive. Looking forward to it!!

17. frogman27

frogman27 Member

3 - 2 goal fest for me. RVP is a tricky player and I can see him getting on the scoresheet. However, all we have to do is get as many corners as is humanly possible and we can score as many as we want. Hangeland to get into double figures for the season after this one !!!!!!!

18. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Woy - I hope mean Sunday!

19. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Sunday I mean! It says 3pm kick off on the ticket!