1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Fulham v Cardiff City, Playoff Game 2....Fug Me!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Jul 29, 2020.

1. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Wow yes, I can. What a wonderfully original idea. Why hasn't anyone mentioned it before? However, it might be worth checking things historically.
    On a genuine note though, what is it exactly you get out of posting such inane comments on forums? I mean quite seriously, is it an attention seeking thing? Yes, I know you've got another reply, but my question is quite genuine. Thanks in anticipation.

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

My point is I’d like to see a change in our central midfield composition. You’ve got to agree the lack of pace and ability to pass quickly, accurately and in a forward direction is missing from our midfield and hence we are too slow and predictable and easy to defend against.

Example. Harrison Reed or Joe Ralls?

Blue Sheep likes this.
  3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Ralls. Though ive only seen Reed twice.

Ralls doesnt have the serious quality that Reed has around him. Didnt see Reed covering the amount of ground Ralls did , winning tackles breaking up play delivering set pieces. My worry after last night Ralls could be seen as a replacement for Reed at Fulham.

Our side has improved under Harris and will continue to do so.

Im not saying I wouldnt like improvememts but any money is going to be minimal we will be in the free transfer and loan market.

We badly need at least 1 striker and a right back. The priority will be there.

Would I like more quality in midfield obviously. Tomlin is struggling with injuries and Pack is too slow.

You may get your wish though Nin. I reckon Ralls gets sold as we will be desperate for cash.

4. ninian opinion

Don’t get me wrong Ralls has his attributes but being so one footed and slow make him in my eyes solid but not a game changer.

Maybe Harris can find someone to complement his best attributes.

I don’t think he’ll be sold though.

We all agree on a right back and a striker. That’s yet another season gone by with no strikers past 10 goals.

5. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Ahh bit like how we find things when we play Leeds really.

6. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

The seemingly overwhelming feeling that we need a striker is an interesting one. I'm not saying it's an incorrect assessment but while we didn't have a striker that scored more than 10, our goals scored was pretty good. So maybe the situation is worthy of deeper scrutiny. Perhaps we should look at how many clear cut chances were created for and missed by our strikers. Also, the impact of our style of play under the previous manager had on the service to the strikers.

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Nah Clingo. We need a striker. Ward is decent back up but has had injuries and seems to be better off the bench.

Glatzel simply is not good enough.

The press think Kiefer Moore. I doubt this as he would cost 2m and I dont think weve got it.

8. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Why?

The present arrangement has worked well for nearly 100 years. Why should it change just to satisfy racist scum like you?

Now toddle along and play with yourself.

neveroffsidereff and clingo like this.
  9. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Thing is BfB, exactly who or what are "the English"?

My understanding (and in fairness history was never my subject so I could be very wrong here) is that "the English" are ultimately just a hotchpotch, mishmash cum bastardisation of many other invading hoards/foreign incomers.
    I'm pretty sure the Celts and was it Picts(?) are the original inhabitants of our Islands and thus if anything, the Welsh, Scots and Irish should really be considered the genuine, true "owners" of these lands and all within it...

Which if correct means that our plastic, non-Yorkshire dwelling neanderthal "friend" should actually be thanking us for allowing his team to reside in a league in our island.

10. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Since lockdown, the majority of our goals have come from our front 4.
    From eleven games, 18 goals total with 13 from the front 4. 3 from defenders, 2 from the defensive (?) midfielders.

Glatzel - 3
    Ward - 2
    NML - 1
    Hoillet - 3
    Tomlin - 2
    Murphy - 2

Seems a positive situation to me.
    I think as our play evolves this will become the norm. Would be nice for a striker to get a few more but not essential.

Blue Sheep and clingo like this.

11. SouthStand

SouthStand Active Member

Worked well for the Welsh, indeed. As for “racist”, which race have I prejudged?

12. BluefromBridgend

The fact that you deem it right to separate races is racist enough.

When such races, I.e. English and Welsh have played football in the same leagues for nearly 100 years. Please enlarge on your reasons for separation, or should I say , segregation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Cardiff and Leeds were voted into the football league either the same year or Cardiff were a year before Leeds.

13. SouthStand

SouthStand Active Member

I’m not separating (or segregating) races, I just think those 2 Championship places should be held by English clubs. Anyway, let’s see the result of my poll and find out what everyone else thinks.

14. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Which two "English" clubs would you like to see holding those places? I'm just asking because you seem to want to abandon the idea of any "English" club being able to play for the right.

15. SouthStand

SouthStand Active Member

If Cardiff and Swansea (like this season) ended the season in the championship, then on their removal, an additional two teams from league one would be promoted to maintain the divisional structure.

16. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

But why remove Cardiff and Swansea? And what would happen if Newport made it?

17. BluefromBridgend

Enough is enough. You are clearly an absolute WUM.

Congratulations on achieving that status.

Your argument has no reason in history, common sense and racial tolerance.

No **** off and bother someone else, you complete waste of oxygen. Does your carer know you are using their keyboard?

18. SouthStand

SouthStand Active Member

That’s twice you’ve accused me of racism, but I’ve not prejudged any race.

19. BluefromBridgend

You are so deluded. I stand by everything I said. Clearly you, an imbecile, can't understand the context of what you have written.

I've had enough of you and won't bother responding to any further inane drivel you post on here.

Now be a good boy and **** off nicely.

20. ninian opinion

Your poll is totally irrelevant as your views.

Jog on

BluefromBridgend likes this.