1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Fulham v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 11, 2017.

1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Long drive back after last night.... so time to think about where we're at... by position

3 good keepers would suggest a good start. Macgregor stopped it being a whooping last night.
    Aina... tonnes of energy is a plus, but he's beyond naive.
    Dawson.. I feel for him that his last pay cheques are with him going down hill or being a shadow of what he was.. he did ok last night actually.
    Hector... when he came, I thought we'd found a great replacement for Maguire. How wrong could you be. Theres a reason that after 10 loans no one has bought him.
    Kingsley. Sorry but he's ****e. There's a reason Swansea let him go with no cover at left full back.
    Tomori.. looked a player to me last night.
    Larsson, theres a reason Sunderland didn't offer him a contract and partly why they were relegated last year. He's ****e.
    Meyler. No matter what you think of him, he puts it all in and god knows we need that now.
    Bowen.. Can't fault him. He may not have loads of skill, but he's in the right place at the right time and keeps running.
    Dicko... Jury's well and truly out. When/if he gets any service is the time to judge him.
    Grosicki. Lets just say, if he;s a Polish international, they'd struggle to beat San Marino. I honestly dont know that he knows whats he's doing most of the time. Sublime cross with the outside of his foot for the goal and the other 89 minutes he was anonymous and ****e.
    Toral. hard to judge. But he doesn't seem to bring a lot to the party.
    Dio.... again for all those that hate him, he tries...
    Campbell.. can't decide whether he's 'gone'.

No cohesion, no seeming passion. We could have gone 2-1 up just after we scored and had them at it, but then sat back again and got run ragged. The difference between the sides was the incisiveness. One move they had (with a glaring missed header from about 6 yards) about 12 crisp one touch passes that ripped us apart from their corner flag. Their defence, solid and together. All this **** triangular football on the touchline has to stop, we're not ****ing Chlesea or Spurs... we're Hull City... Slut has a job on. I fear, he can't do it on his own and yet he's having to and unlike with Silva (and a complete backroom team) , i'm not sure that the team know what he wants done. I'm sure I don't.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

fully agree - I struggle to understand the pro-Meyler brigade - he was 'ok' last night but his game was littered with the usual misplaced passes and needless free kicks including one right on the edge of our own box - I had big hopes that Larsson and Toral would be better - so far they're not - unfortunately our midfield is poor and as for our back line, even worse - Aina isn't a right back, Hector is much too slow and as for those suggesting Junior could do a good job, get a grip, he's in League One for a reason - we've been totally ****ed over by the Allams as they exact their revenge on the people they hate - it's going to be a bumpy ride!!

3. charon-the-ferryman

good assessment

4. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Including his praise of Meyler? I bet you missed that. Regarding 'Junior' he'd be a ****ing massive improvement on the shower of **** we have in defence at present. League One? The rate we're going that's the league we'll be in next season.

balkan tiger likes this.
  5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just in the name of accuracy, Sunderland did offer Larsson a new deal.

GLP likes this.
  6. charon-the-ferryman

I've never suggested ' he doesn't put it all in' as was mentioned in the post - I just don't think he's good enough - that said and from what I've seen so far I don't think Henriksen and Larsson are good enough either - all peas from the same pod - I was quite disheartened last night - for the first time in a few years I realised we just weren't good enough

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Plus he's also been playing with an injury for 18 months. He had it operated on over the Summer. It will take games to get match fit.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Again, just in the name of accuracy, it was after eleven loans that he was bought. By Chelsea.

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Well, putting it all in on the pitch is exactly what you need in this league. For some bizarre reason it's normally up front that's our Achilles heel. Seems scoring isn't an issue this season but keeping a clean sheet is.

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If he has been playing for 18 months with an injury then you need new medical staff and quick...<laugh>

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It was more like two at the back john.

12. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

at least aina has an excuse in that this is the first time he's actually playing professional football.. couple sub apps for chelsea don't count

but hector, what's his excuse

13. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Worryingly Slut said this on the BBC Sport page after Fulham :

"It is a very difficult time. We will have a special tactical lesson speaking about a new formation.

"I find our best formation works with our attacking principle. We must decide problems together.

"We don't have time to be frustrated. We must look forward very positively."

I say worryingly on basis, that tactical lessons should be done pre-season.

But, apart from the fact that he is pretty much doing it all on his own (as you mention about Marco & his team) he's doing it with players just brought into the squad. They look like they don't know their arses from their elbows at the minute. Poor performances lead to defeats lead to disharmony and so on. Larsson and Grosicki have already had the tiff over the Derby penalty, and that will fester.

And already supporters are going restless, and voicing discontent about the players and some about Slut.

But you all know the problem was created by, and the blame for this bollocks, lies firmly with the owners.

ALLAMS OUT !!!

askewshair, Evington and Kempton like this.
  14. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So apart from growshitski getting another assist what does he do
    Said in a angst ridden teenage voice. :emoticon-0147-emo:

15. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

In some ways I quite like Meyler. But if we see him as 1st name on the sheet then we're truly fooked. In this division he would be ok IF partnered with better midfielders ( like he was with Livermore for example, as was mentioned) and better players behind and infront. But he isnt. Which brings us back to the point that we are well short all over (including off the pitch). Well done Ehab you ****.

Tuckin likes this.
  16. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Ehab is quite happy to stay in the Championship. Has no ambition for the club other than finance. On that score the last 2 windows where a success.

17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Away from home, once Stewart is back, I think the team could be as follows.

Greezsy

Hector Dawson Mazuch
    Aina Meyler Steward Irvine Kingsley
    Bowen
    Dicko or Campbell

Use Turbo as an impact sub, but start him at home. Possibly play Tomori instead of Dawson who seems to be struggling.

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Then we should only play him now and then ...

19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

That was at Sunderland. He had his operation this Summer before signing. <doh><doh>

20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Herein lies the issue.