1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Fulham v Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Fulham v Leeds Utd
    3rd Round - EFL Cup | Craven Cottage
    Tuesday 21st September - 19-45pm

Leeds make the 400 mile round trip to South West London on Tuesday evening, hoping to reach the dizzy heights of the fourth round of the League Cup; but only if they can overcome Fulham at Craven Cottage

Leeds ventures to the Capital rarely end well, but they'll be hoping they can put a performance together to appease the fans who have been getting restless following their league status. Koch and Llorente are still nursing injuries whilst Struijk serves the second of his three match ban. Ayling and Raphinha both hobbled off during the latter parts of Friday night's 1-1 draw at St James Park; we're waiting to find out the extent of their injuries!

Bielsa also has the pick of the U23's, who are in a rich vain of form having beaten Liverpool away 4-0 yesterday. Gelhart scored a brace; chipping the keeper from the half way line, and a thunderbolt from 40 yards. The 19yo joked later that he had hurt his back in the celebrations!

Fulham lost ground on early pacemakers Bournemouth on Saturday, losing 2-1 to Reading at home. They still remain in the automatic promotion slots, thanks to their superior goal difference. They have netted 18 times this season, more than any other Championship team; with Aleksandar Mitrovic grabbing six of the goals and three assists.

Their top priority this term will obviously be promotion, so it will be interesting to see what sort of team Marco Silva puts out!

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It’s London let’s have our fingers crossed. Almost impossible to call this one not knowing what kind of team each are going to field on the night

3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I want us to win, but right now all I want is players to stay fit. A win will bring confidence but a loss will add more pressure no matter who we will field the Vultures will be awaiting in a loss it's what they do to make stories. its up to us as a squad and fanbase to scare them Barstewarts away.
    Fulham Lost at the weekend at home so their little bubble has burst a bit. They are away to Brizzy Citie at the weekend so I'm expecting them to field a bang average side again like the last round. Their object is the League they know they aren't going to be winning any cups I'd be very surprised if they field 4 to 5 first teamers. I think they only fielded two 2 at Birmingham last round.

We are at our bones so we have to make changes, Ayling fit or not he can't be risked in this.
    It also would be crazy for us to play our only fit CB in Cooper.
    I'm expecting a full debut tomorrow for Summerville and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Cresswell starting too.
    The ones who had bit part minutes Greenwood, McKinstry, McCarron are sure to be involved in some way even if its just the bench after making the bench for Newcastle and cameo roles in the 23's on Sunday.
    The ones who did play all 90 mins some are really starting to knock on Beilsa's door and are making things difficult for him in not choosing them for games like this.
    Whoever we put out ! all I say is go play for that shirt seize the moment as some of these are shirts are there for the taking.

Go get em Lads MOT !

4. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

If we do the same then and field 4 to 5 first teamers plus the very best of our u23’s we should win this comfortably. And I think we will.

5. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

I don't think him hurting his back in the goal celebrations was a joke. He was holding his back and not too pleased with whoever had jumped on him.

6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

:mad:
    Your right someone needs a kick up the arse for that, celebrate a goal by all means let’s be honest we pick up injuries easy enough as it is without injuring our own:mad:

Makemstine Roger and OLOF like this.
  7. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was Dramah

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For me, Tyler Roberts is never going to improve on what he is now, personally I’d like him sold on. Worse case scenario would be he plays against Fulham and scores a hat trick, it would cement his inclusion for another 6 months

9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Hoping for a decent cup run because personally I’m missing the mostly two games a week we used to play <ok>

10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Llorente has travelled with the squad to Fulham.

11. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

could be good news or could mean another translator has resigned and we’re down to our last spanish speaker

SIDDAS, Doc, Irishshako and 1 other person like this.
  12. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

im just hoping for a win like everybody else, a good performance would be nice, but im not bothered if the ball goes in off someones arse. a wins a win:emoticon-0142-happy:emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0116-evilg

13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I think he's just getting a lift to see a Harley street surgeon.:)

14. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Pity Diane Abbott isn't up front because we'd score an arse full:emoticon-0136-giggl

15. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Don't be upsetting jammy mate, he loves Diane with a passion:emoticon-0105-wink:

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this one but really cant be arsed thinking about the result. More interested in seeing our bench which I hope has Llorente on it because that means hes back to play with Cooper at the weekend. Paddy didnt travel because he opened a cycle lane in Leeds ffs, so the Love Island boy is being rested. Will Ridrigo start up front or Roberts, will Joffy get a debut? Summerville and James should be on the wings, but Charlie Cresswell should start

leeds down south, Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  17. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Would love to see Gelhardt get a go but suspect Rodrigo will be up top for Bamford with Roberts in behind. Is it being shown on Sky or anywhere?

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Deffo seen it advertised on BT Sport I think

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I would put Rodrigo at 10 because thats where he’ll be at the weekend and give Roberts a go to prove us all wrong. Then replace him with Joffy

20. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Don't think so Doc, they're showing two Serie A games and Norwich v Liverpool are on Sky Woke.

Makemstine Roger and OLOF like this.