1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Leeds

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

So on to Leeds and once again I have no confidence for today, four games that could define our season and we may well lose all four after today!

The only small chink of hope is we are at home so you never know but Leeds have been the best team in the division this season and this will be tough.

I can’t wait to get this game over with and then crack on with the rest of the season with a realistic goal of making the play offs

I’m hoping Hector is as good as advertised

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

With the sickness bug and a couple of injuries behind us we could have a better balance to the team today.
    Rodac, Bryan, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Reed, Stefan, Cairney, AK, Reid and Mitro in a 442 would be my choice.
    A tough game today and would be content with a draw but ecstatic with a win.
    I'll be following with Gentleman Jim and Jamie today and hopefully they will be reporting on a much better performance than last. As a side note, if there was a vote for the best club commentary in English football, they would win by a country mile.
    COYWS

3. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

That's more like it!!!

2whitestripes likes this.
  4. Cookie-6262

Great result and good to see Reed and Reid back as I think both are important players for us.
    We are third at the half way stage of the season and with the upcoming fixtures there is no reason we can’t go on a bit of a run.

2whitestripes likes this.
  5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Much better effort and intensity. Really enjoyed the game which was end to end stuff with the crowd really getting behind the team. It was such an important win after those three on the trot losses. Soft pen to be fair but us scoring first is critical. Leeds are a good team but we were as good as them on the day and deserved our win today, though you could argue also that a draw may have been an overall fair result.

I'd like to see the disallowed Mitro goal again, looked ok to me. Mitro was absolutely immense today causing trouble all over the pitch. I think also credit must go to Parker. He changed the tactics to playing more long balls something we haven't done all season.

This should be a real confidence booster. We have to follow it up though over Christmas. Back to third and for me we haven't yet reached our playing potential. Will be interesting to see what happens.

6. Cookie-6262

Just seen the highlights, Mitrovic is probably the best striker in the championship but you his goal line clearance in the 95th min and then winning the header from the resulting corner is just top notch

7. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

If in need of a pre Christmas laugh, pop over to the Leeds thread about the game on Saturday! 14 pages of interesting opinions!!