1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Spurs

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulham COYW, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

For my maiden not 606 post -

What's your prediction of the score today ? I'm going for a 2 nil win for Fulham based on our good form recently. Spurs have been lucky against us in last few games so I think it is our turn :smile: Can't wait !!

2. Fulham COYW

OK I was wrong but I'll take a 4- Nil COYW

3. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Fulham COYW, great result for us today. We were really impressive in the first half. People will say that Spurs were bad defensively, and they were, but we hassled them from the very first kick of the game. Listening to Murphy after the game it is clear that we had a very clear idea on how we wanted to play. This is so refreshing as I was not at all sure of Hughes in the first half of the season. I felt he was tactically not too clever, but hearing Murphys words suggest this is no the case. I am fascinated to see what will happen when Bobby comes back, as I genuinely think that AJ and Dembele will forge a good partnership. That said if Bobby can retain his form pre injury it will be hard to keep him out. Nice to sit here after a game and feel delighted with the result and to be pondering which players will be or out. Managers dream of this, let hope Hughes feels the same way.

4. Fulham COYW

Frogman27, It was a perfect day.

I think that win was coming !

Apart from that disastrous game against West Ham who I still think didn't actually deserve to win the game, I think Fulham haven't actually played that bad. Plenty of good posession but not enough goals. I think things started to change after that away win at Stoke and with the return of AJ (admit it took him a few games to get up to speed) and Dembele we are now back on a roll. As you say, it will be interesting to see what happens when Zamora returns.

I hope Hughes keeps Gera though. He was so good last year and we know he is a good player. His appearances for 20 minutes at the end of games isn't doing him justice and he's been ineffective. I so wish he had scored today. Unfortunately he shot straight at Gomes when it looked a certain 5th goal.

Talking about a 5th goal - I know it is a bit greedy but I was a bit disappointed that we didn't score at least another in the second half. We seemed to be content with 4 nil and just teased them around the pitch. I loved the Ole's when Spurs did get to pass the ball around a bit.

All in all I will sleep well and we can do it all again Wednesday night.

5. PAPA MOOMIN

PAPA MOOMIN Member

6. Craven112

Craven112 Member

i saw that London's Only EC Winners resurrected a dead post that should of stayed dead, so i thought i would have some fun and do the same.
    oh by the way congratulations on your maiden post Fulham COYW

7. WhatDoesWoyWant?

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

LOL, necrobump!

I'd be happy with a draw, I'd love, LOVE a win though!