1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Game Over For Ole

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Sep 25, 2021.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It wouldn't make sense for him to stay in Paris with this unique opportunity and given the volatile nature of the job at PSG. He's got to think long term and come to Manchester United.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm glad PSG lost today.

They played some quality football tbf, but just lacked cutting edge up front. Mbappe scores a goal but anyone better and they would've got a hattrick. Neymar is a spoofer as well.

But the style of football and the passing. The way they beat the high press. It was beautiful to watch.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That game should have been the final, i can't think of any other teams to produce that kind of performance unless Bayern suddenly step back a few years.

Treble and Christiansmith like this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The point is that City can out pass any team. They can out possess any too. PSG decided to let them have it and when they attack themselves,skilfully get out of the City high press. In terms of goal chances it was closer. I thought about our match at OT. Our team is similar to PSG with front loaded talent (but obviously less talented) . Without the defensive errors which led to the goals we could have given them a game. As long as the crowd are savvy to realise that we can’t beat them at a passing/possession game.

The Chelsea match will be interesting. Is it going to 3 out of 3? Bad defeats against so called big teams? They are on form atm but we need to give some problems to worry about. Just defending like at Villarreal in the first half will be disastrous. Fernandes has to play together with rashford and sancho in the flanks. To give their full backs free reign to attack and create at leisure would be inviting trouble. I am just hoping we can give them a proper match but not expecting a positive result unfortunately.

Diego likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Agree incredible game. It really was sublime football. I like City's pressure football but I enjoyed PSG's passing football more. The way they passed it in small pockets, often with passes you didnt see coming, and then as soon as they beat the high press a ball straight into a player in space to counter attack.

What let them down ironically was Mbappe and Neymar in the final third.

Btw imagine if we still had Herrera. No problems in that CM position eh <doh>

Diego likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I have "man love" for Herrera, there is no way that lad would have left the club if i had any say, He loved the club, always gave his all and was really good at what he did/does.

Treble likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Shat on by Jose unfortunately.

If he was still here now he'd solve half our problems. Maybe Poch can bring him back <whistle>

Diego likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Are you (or anyone else reading) a bit confused about the whole concept of an "interim manager"?
    What is the ****ing point. Let's just speculate that there may be unrest in the dressing room, are they going to listen to a man who (hopefully) will have no remit to make sweeping changes in the Jan window and will not be around for the June one. What are they going to think? my opinion **** you mate i will be here when you are gone and will still get paid enough for Friday big shop even if you bench me or cut me from the squad.
    Absolutely pointless in my opinion, another total **** up by the owners.

Treble likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I did post something similar the other day. Even if they don't go to the extreme of deliberately not giving a ****, they still won't fully commit. It's largely human nature isn't it. Even with Fergie when he made it well known in advance back in 2003 iirc the players relaxed, took their foot off ghe pedal. And as soon as he changed his mind and stayed, the players started playing their hearts out again.

Diego likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm really not keen on an interim who's going to leave after 6 months tbh.

Diego likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Like i hinted, no sense of authority at all. may as well have left Ole there or call Carrick interim or even offer the position to me (i would work cheaper) <laugh>

12. Christiansmith

The problem with no “interim” is you have Carrick carrying on until the end of the season. Do you trust the guy (s) who were actually the real coaches and as Scholes said let Ole down by ****ing the players up on the training pitch? You are getting the same thing again for the rest of the season except the figurehead who doesn’t train the players. What experience does Carrick have managing a big premiership club never mind one of the biggest in the world?

I don’t like this interim manager and permanent manager **** but surely better than a complete rookie managing Utd. Yet another job for the mates…

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Was he? Ole let him go ultimately.

One of his many mistakes.

Anyway, it's not ideal having an interim but if we can't get the man we want until the end of the season, then so be it.

Ideally, we get Poch now, but the alternatives to that are we employ someone we don't really want or we end up with Carrick in till the end of the season, which I said further up the thread could go one of two ways, neither of which is ideal.

I'd much rather Poch now, but then I'd also much rather we bring in a strong interim who is happy to do the job till the end of the season than end up with someone like Rodgers.

I know we've referenced Chelsea quite a bit but they used to do it, with Hiddink, and it worked out ok.

****ing cares what the players think? **** them.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

If we're going to get someone in now permanently, it'll happen within the next week or so. I'm still happy to wait and see. And during that time it would be my single best option.

After all, it's not that hard - £10m on the table, Poch makes it clear to PSG he wants to leave now, PSG either let him go or don't. Those are the only 3 factors to overcome aren't they.

So if it doesn't happen in a week or so it's going to be end of the season. Then get in a decent interim.

No way Carrick should stay in charge. Should not even be an option, think we all agree on that.

15. Christiansmith

Yep on Carrick.

Pros and cons of the interim manager. On one hand the players might think that ****er is not going to be around next season. But then that interim should have no interest in the future. He should do the right thing NOW. His reputation will be based on the outcomes of this season and he could and should put these highly paid ****ing prima Donnas in their place if they don’t perform as he’s got nothing to lose. Basically his hands are not tied like the long term manager who has to worry about development and future seasons.

cytrax likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

And the Independent claims the Dutchman is now United’s first choice to succeed Solskjaer as the board are not as ‘convinced’ on Pochettino as is being claimed.

I would personally prefer the Ajax manager. He is the kind of bastard and solid manager that I think this team needs. He develops talent for fun at Ajax without having to depend on huge budgets. We need someone like that who is going to be very resourceful. I’m not saying Poch isn’t because he did it at Spurs, but ten Hag operates at another level and if we think that the Dutch League is weak, the Champions League results that he has amassed over the years is proof that he knows what he is doing.

I will celebrate the board if they go for him over Poch.

17. Christiansmith

Utd go for Rangnick as interim manager for 6 months.

cytrax likes this.
  18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That is brilliant! It actually shows that the board is learning!

Christiansmith likes this.
  19. Christiansmith

And cleverly the club has inserted a 2 year consultancy after the 6 month stint. Very smart. That would give him the incentive and the players would have less incentive to say he’s going to **** off in 6 months as he’ll be around to advise and inform the new manager. Well planned I must say.

cytrax likes this.
  20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator