1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Game Over For Ole

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Sep 25, 2021.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

4-4-2? Nah brav! That’s banned as you now need to play 6 defenders.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That sounds very much like a 4-2-3-1 to me

3. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Nah thats a diamond ffs

Diego likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh that's fair enough. Player fck ups are largely the players' fault. The tactics and coaching can have an influence on fck ups but individual brainfarts are their own.

I don't think they're the cause of our systematic poor form though, more a symptom of them.

Oh and because Fred is ****. Remember when I was saying all last season he's a fcking mess and many were saying I was wrong. Oops <whistle>

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

We have the personnel for a 4-4-2 now except for a genuine blocker (holding mid).

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<whistle>

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I ****ing love the guy <laugh>, he would die for the shirt and not too many others in the squad would.
    Is he good enough? sadly no. I wish we had the Matic of 7 or 8 years ago but we don't

Missing piece to build Ole's team? who the **** knows but i do know he has built some squad and should do pretty well with it.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't think personnel or formation are the main problem at all.

We play turgid, defensive, slow and cautious football. Pass it from cb to cb to fb to cb to the other fb, to cb to the cm, then back to the fb.

In the mean time the opposition are all lined up behind the ball, two banks of 4, plenty of time, compact and squeezing the fck out of our midfield.

So we ping it over the midfield to the front man who will either knock it down and nothing will come of it, or try and outmuscle the defence and run at goal, and nothing will come of it.

You can switch Pogba for Fred, you can switch AWB for Dalot, or Shaw for Telles, you can swap Martial for Sancho or Greenwood for Cavani.

The football remains the same. The exact same. That's down to tactics and coaching.

You can play 4 2 3 1 or 4 4 2 or 3 4 3, it won't change that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Did you watch Bruno's after match interview?
    I posted some of his comments on here but the whole interview is very interesting, he is pissed at mentality of some players and specifically said this is a player problem and not outside the pitch.
    He was angry and speaking his mind.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

At the risk of getting into another wasted discussion with you, I saw two separate things being said by Bruno.

The first part which was much earlier in the interview when he says...

"We have to learn and the time is now. We cannot do this anymore. We did it so many times, we cannot slow the game down when we’re winning. We have to make it quicker, score once again, get one or two more goals and after that, maybe you can slow it down and make them run a bit more."

He could be talking as much to the management and our approach, as anything else.

The interview moves on and he then gets asked abour Martial's goal. He answers that.

He then gets asked about the goal we conceded and he talks specifically about that and the calamatous sequence of fck ups.

Not much more to add to that tbh. Except I feel his frustration.

cytrax likes this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The manager is responsible for the mentality of the team. He sets the tone for how his team performs and this comes in preparation, selection and expectations that are laid out crystal clear. I can’t bang the drums about this enough.

I do not believe these players are adequately coached to execute at the highest level week in, week out. Heck, I don’t see a system with United. I see bunch of great players with no chemistry. This is the root cause of our problems and why most good things have to be down to moments of brilliance from key players to save the day and that is unfortunate.

Lack of a thoughtful well drilled system is why a player like Sancho is now wasted. It is why we carry so many great players but we still complain about Fred and bring everything down to one player. It doesn’t matter who we play in place of Fred, the outcome will most likely be similar because we don’t even know what a working and consistent system is. We have Donny on the bench and most of us don’t understand where he plays after 15months at the club. What a fking wasteful club!

Faaark!!!

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

To those who seem to believe the players are doing the opposite of what Ole wants (which in itself is bordering from the ridiculous to the absurd), if that is happening, why doesn't he ever get on the touchline and shout instructions to his players? Like tell them what he wants them to do? Hmmm... just a thought like <ok>

cytrax likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The attempts to point to players that have made mistakes just to shield the man who selected them and sits there throughout matches is asinine.

There is clear lack of objectivity around here and beyond. The fact of the matter is that the manager is simply not good enough. But that simple fact backed by horrible performances from a stacked team seem to be so hard for many to accept.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Anyone who watched Liverpool v City yesterday will know that we're fighting Chelsea for third at best.

Both teams expertly coached, both teams knowing exactly what they were supposed to do.

Are their players better than ours? Not so much better as they actually looked, no.

15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I was sad to watch that game, to be honest. I watched both managers taking control of their respective players from the sidelines with pure passion. The message of what they expected was very clear for even the viewers at home.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Which is what coaches and managers do when they are trying to win or change a game.

Solskjaer and Phelan just sit there.

It's very odd.

17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Methh wanted me to pass his opinion on.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Brighton are a 'good' team.

He contradicts himself there in one tweet.

Wonder how he is?

Sucky likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We're all thinking the same. The match yesterday and watching both Klopp and Pep is exactly why I posted above.

And Fergie btw. Easily the better example!! It's not like successful United managers don't.

Chief likes this.
  20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Oh well!

I’m sure that when we win the next game 5-0 all will be well again for those that think we are going to end this season with something meaningful.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021