1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Election June 8TH

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Do you mean Kipper's..
    It is not fake as there was a programme on with the remain and leavers.. most of the leavers made a mistake

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rigged.....remoaners in disguise....could of been that Whirling Dervish Tim Farron up to his tricks.

3. Greenarmyjoe

just like the leave campaign?? :confused::confused::confused:.

Well only a week now to go and we will have an idea of how it all looks.. not great :bandit:... I may have to get a part time job to make ends meet<whistle>

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Net of loss on income, no cash will be saved at all. How many who voted for Brexit did so on the expectation of that £350m per week windfall? That lie is argument enough for a second referendum.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I voted out because of the direction that the EU are going....becoming a Federal State...controlling all it's member countries.....and taking away the sovereignty of those countries and bossing them from it's Brussels parliament,....what it can do....what it can't do....making every law and eventually controlling it's borders with a united military force....becoming the United States of Europe....deciding who you can trade with and who you can't trade with....over riding the law making right of what used to be sovereign countries.

Nothing to do with £350 million....per day...per week...or per whatever in my view....it is turning into a monster with some very dodgy people in charge.....no thank you....the sooner we sign the final deal the better.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  6. Greenarmyjoe

We will be continuing to pay the EU long after we are out.. so they just bigged it up to get these people to vote out..

I think we should have a re vote and bring back :eek: and his pal.. they are short of a few pound now :emoticon-0165-muscl

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You do like a little stir....don't you Joe.

Some reckon the EU owe us money....the way they have been ripping us off for years.....they will desperately be trying to hang on to as much as possible....I can literally see their finger nails bleeding already.....all those free loading French farmers will have to start working their fields instead of being paid to keep them unused.

Just wait until we get all our fishing areas back and our redundant Fishermen start to get their boats ready for sea again....if Iceland where prepared to defend their fishing grounds....so can we.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Not a stir.. just how i see it.. <yikes>

None of that will happen as there will be no change.. We will still be paying them for years to come and our farmers and fisherman will be no better off...
    Once all the big/smaller companies start to go from the country and into the EU or wider fields.. there will be no jobs and it will have a knock on effect to us all..

The out gang thought it was all a simple exercise, say out and we will be gone i dont think they realised what will or may happen. Some of you did..
    Cameron and his buddy , did well to get this country out of the mire.. :mad::mad:

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Surely Cameron and his buddy got us into this mess.....threw the towel in when he lost.....touch of the Pontius Pilate....hand washing.

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So you admit it's a mess then?

You cannot vote for something and then complain it's a mess afterwards. It wasn't Cameron or his buddies who created this it was those who craved and pushed for the Referendum in the first place. Once they had their way then it was the fault of those who chose out. Without an out vote we would not be having this election now so it's the knock on effect. Cameron didn't throw in the towel, he placed all of his future on the vote going the way he campaigned so when it didn't he was left with no choice.

All this bull about being ruled by Europe and how they inflicted all of our laws on us. No they didn't. The vast majority of laws were about trading standards and not about the sovereign rule of our own destiny. What difference does it make anyway to the ordinary folk in the street? We are ruled by somebody all of the time so does it matter who. It affects very little of our every day lives which is earning a living and being able to feed, cloth, and shelter ourselves. The real reason was mainly immigration or migrant workers. You know the ones. They were doing the jobs that nobody in this Country who is native wanted to do themselves. When they have gone the natives still won't want to do them and it will be chaos. However, when the unemployed natives are made to do them or lose their money there will be uproar and screams of unfairness all over the place. There will be plenty of unemployed to go around so no worries. Trouble is the Country will be skint so won't be able to pay them much either. Anyone who thinks businesses won't relocate is living on a different planet. The logic of that argument is why would you even try to maintain a business where most of your customer base has been removed when you can move to another location and all of them are still there. But never mind, at least johnie foreigner has buggered off.

11. notDistantGreen

Well said Sensible.

12. Greenarmyjoe

They may see it was their fault one day and not the Government who let them have the vote. We have a polish lad who works for us and he is worried about the situation.. I have said he will be ok,, hopefully. The way he turns out and his work is above the rest and well mannered and polite. We need them as they are not available from our breed to do the job or jobs that we don't want.

They need to get off their arses and go to work, But if we get that goat in, they wont need to as he will up the welfare for them and take it from us.. There is only one vote..

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yes it's a mess because there are those who are not prepared to accept the will of the majority.....a referendum had been taken and the result was out.

If Cameron had not accepted literally nothing from our EU masters when negotiating with them then the result of a referendum might of been different.

Cameron never considered a coming out result....he was completely incompetent in his dealings over a referendum....he had never put in place anything that would deal with an out result.....he had failed the country dramatically.....voters had seen through his hotch potch negotiating and pretence to get us a fare deal from our EU masters and the nation preferred to get out.

The Lib/Dems, SNP have been throwing their toys out of the pram ever since the result.....do we keep having referendums until we get the answer right in their eyes....no we don't.....the SNP cry that they voted to stay in.....the referendum wasn't done by area...it was done as one complete overall result.

Controlling immigration is a no brainer really......do you let everybody who want's to come keep coming for ever and ever....remember we're not the biggest of islands....our infrastructure is creaking at the seams already.....we don't hear too much of the chaos in Germany because they said yes to everyone and the problems that have emerged....crime and segregation is causing the far right in Germany to raise it's ugly head...AGAIN.

No one is suggesting that we throw out those that are here already....EU citizens or from elsewhere....if they have legally come into this country...they will be ok....after the finalization of Brexit we will need to control our borders and according to our employment needs newcomers will be allowed to come in or not.....remoaners are stirring up so much trouble with false information and rocking the boat .... they are doing no one credit especially themselves.......can they not see that they are undermining our economy and causing none UK citizens to become anxious regarding their future.....many are doing important jobs in this country....do they expect us to throw them out to spite our face.....I just say that remoaners are not showing us that they are good UK citizens and are working for the common good.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  14. notDistantGreen

Firstly, it was a very small majority,

Secondly, then, as now, we have idea what Brexit means, despite empty slogans to the contrary. You might not vote for what we do end up with, whereas I could support a Brexit which left us in the Single Market with no change to immigration arrangements but outside the jurisdiction of the ECJ and with no possibility of any further political or financial union, not that that's going to happen. Since Brexit isn't Brexit, it's an undefined term we won't understand until it's complete, it's perfectly reasonable to expect a second referendum and to try to get one.

Taking those two points together, the 30% who didn't vote before could have a significant influence when we really know what we are facing, which is what the Leavers don't want - informed voters.

What you seem to forget is that whilst the Leave campaign's lie about the cash savings to be had have already been debunked, the warnings of the economic damage done by leaving can't be tested until Brexit has happened, when it will be too late. The fall in the value of the pound is a very clear indication that the markets expect a weak post Brexit economy . Please don't drag up the strength of the FTSE100: that's essentially an overseas index and is insulated from a weak pound or even benefits from it.

The only immigration that bothers me is of terrorists and criminals. Otherwise, immigration creates wealth and an absence of it will destroy wealth as business cannot obtain the skills and labour it requires. It's up to government to use that wealth to provide for the country's inhabitants in a fair, effective and efficient way.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Small majority of 1,269,501...?

Remain...16,141,241...48,1%
    Leave.....17,410,742...51.9%

Plymouth voted...59.9% to leave ?....far above the average.

16. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

At the risk of being shouted at , that might say more about the mindset of SOME Plymouthians! Lets face it, we are one of the least diverse cities in the country and clearly many don't trust the jonny foreigners

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm not advocating another vote and never have. I am indeed accepting the result as are many many people even though they think it's completely mad. I find it extremely rich that an out voter should think that misinformation isn't a fair way to campaign for something though. That tactic was used constantly by the out brigade from day one of the campaign. All you have to do is point to the side of the bus used and the slogan that was pasted to it. Nobody said we WOULD save that much and nobody said we WOULD spend it on the NHS of course. Can't be a lie then. And if you believe that then you would believe any bollox you were told. The biggest laugh I had reading your post Plym was that the "remoaners" are now causing the chaos. Nothing to do with the fact that nobody knows what is going to happen in the future now that could be causing a bit of doubt and therefore chaos of course. It was the vote itself where the chaos has come from. No vote no chaos and even a 5 year old could understand that.

The vote itself was called because of the pressure put on the Government by the upsurge in UKIP support. That's people like you Plym so how you can blame anyone for calling a vote that you yourself wanted desperately I fail to understand. You wanted a referendum badly and after the event try to pin the blame for getting one on somebody else because the whole future of this Country is in doubt and therefore chaos. The truth is that people like UKIP and the out voters never had a plan if they got their way. Nobody could have had one because nobody had left the EU before. I never saw one person who wanted out and campaigned for it tell anyone what would happen once we had left or even make any attempt to spell it out even in sketchy detail. To blame one side for not having a plan and absolve the other side for the same crime is beyond belief.

The only people I will blame if my world goes tits up is people like yourself plym. Not that it will do me any good and not that you would accept any part in the blame either. You will find some other reason why it isn't your fault as will people like Boris and UKIP man. Lets face it the **** never sticks to those people does it. The sad thing is it will only affect me for a reletively short time as it will you unless you plan to stick around well into your centenary years. It will affect my children and grandchildren as it will your's and I hope you can live with yourself if it goes badly wrong. I believe it will go badly wrong but I sincerely hope I am wrong on this one at the same time. The only defence of an argument I've seen so far from the out people is that the ins are just a bunch of moaners. I have seen not one word of comfort or reasurance about the future from any of them. Just one believable word about where I might end up better off would be nice. The silence however is deafening.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

sensible......it is obvious that you and most on here are strong remainers....and that I have no problem with.....It did surprise me when I looked it up that Plymouth was well up the leave vote with a highish 59.9% wanting out.....although as I said awhile back it did surprise me how the Princerock/Embankment Road area had dramatically changed since my childhood days being run down and squalid in places....with many Polish corner shops having sprung up etc......other than that I would of thought the South West had not had the same influx of Eastern Europeans that we have in the South East and the problems of housing/schooling/social welfare that it seems to have brought with it.....no Government plan on how to improve it either....plus the Governments target of 100,000 not being met to the extent that it is threefold that now. I expect you have your fair share of 'Big Issue' sellers on the streets.....helping homeless people to cope with their situation.....around here all the 'Big Issue' sellers now seem to be Eastern European family groups....where have all the 'English' homeless disappeared to.....but getting back on track the London Borough of Bromley voted to stay in as expected.....but when you go up to East Anglia they voted with a passion to come out of Europe because they are flooded with immigrants.

These things are worrying...but as I've said my point is the taking over of our Nation by EU Bureaucrats and the overruling of our highest Courts by EU Courts reversing the decisions of the Courts in this land....it has got to stop......I have tried to say my views without getting personal and pointing the finger at anyone on here.....if we cannot do that then it might be best to talk about other things instead.....like FOOTBALL.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And the taking over of the Courts, as you put it but I don't actually agree with, is doing what to you personally? It affects who that you know personally or in your family? What law is different that we didn't either make or agree to? There are thousands and thousands of laws so name three and how you are affected by it.

I'm not getting personal I think you are completely bonkers to have voted out and am saying so. Please feel free to call me bonkers anytime you think my opinion is. I promise I won't get offended that easily.

20. Greenarmyjoe

Im bonkers.. because i work for a living.. should be sat home claiming every benefit out there.. with my son as he is i suspect i could get it.. But choose not to..
    I may as well get my cooperation tax i have to pay up next month and just hand it out to the people who sit about claiming alsorts ... as the tis were it ends up.. yes there are plenty who need and are entitled to claim it..

I claim nothing for my son, all we get is the DLA top rate and that does not cover what he needs as a 6 year old with his disabilities,, so i work hard to get what he needs..

I don't blame this on the EU...