1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Election June 8TH

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Guess you sad and bitter remoaners have lost again, so suck it up buttercups :1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

upload_2017-6-3_20-45-40.png

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You're an imposter so bugger off before I ban you..........:D

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Jools...long time since you posted.

So what is this poll suggesting.....forecasting from what I can see an increased majority to 74 seats....if my maths are correct.....which means that the country feels that Theresa May is the best person to negotiate a Brexit deal. How accurate those figures are taken a week before polling day we cannot be sure of.

Not happy about her idea of a dementia tax or means testing the winter fuel allowance....which she is going for because she thinks that support for her is high ....gaining support from a large amount of the 4million UKIP voters (2015) also will see her as the best way forward for a successful Brexit negotiation.

Do Ukippers vote for her....or do they still vote UKIP still ?... as being the best way to keep her honest over achieving a strong no nonsense deal that will restore the UK's sovereignty over such things as....the rights of our national fishing grounds...which where taken away and a disaster under EU legislation.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Now a sensible Prime Minister, or at least one not assailed by a small coterie of Brexit Lunatics in his own party, wouldn't have been so stupid as to call a referendum in the first place.

But assuming he or she failed that test, then such a major constitutional change should have required a minimum mandate. Fundamental constitutional change in a UK PLC would normally and quite rightly require positive support from 75% of its shareholders. How far off that the much more important Brexit vote was.....

upload_2017-6-4_12-48-24.png

That alone FULLY justifies a second vote.

Additionally though, even now we have no idea what Brexit means and don't forget, what is actually negotiated may be unacceptable to Leavers because it fails to deal with their one obsession, immigration by Johnny Foreigner. On that point, what the f**k is wrong with a Pole running a shop?

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Until first past the post results become illegal in this country last years referendum result stands.......I didn't like the fact that 4 million UKIP voters ended up with one dubious ex-Tory MP in 2015 representing them.....although it might of been two if it wasn't for cheating Conservative Central Office breaking the rules in South Thanet....I accepted those results disappointingly.....and I would have accepted a staying in the EU vote during the referendum as well.

You could also say that 65.2% didn't vote YES to stay in the EU.....if you want to play with figures.

There is nothing wrong with foreign shop owners....stop trying to twist my meaning....I was comparing Prince Rock/Embankment Rd area had changed dramatically since my childhood....nothing wrong in noting that.....the area had been quite a reasonable place to live in the 1950's.....I was just surprised how run down and squalid it had become....with many houses being divided up into flats and know one caring for them.....even hardboard 'windows' in some places which didn't seem a temporary repair.

Millions of 'stay in' voters have accepted the result...although they didn't like it at the time.....and they want Theresa May to just get on with it and get the best deal possible from the U.S. of the EU.

6. notDistantGreen

Referendums have no legal bearing whatsoever.

Oops premature exposition

The reason Leavers are terrified of a second vote is because support for Brexit is bound to decrease as we get closer to the end.

At one end, restrictions on immigration won't be strong enough to please those that object to Polish shops and at the other, the impact on the economy will be too horrible to contemplate.

Did you see this week that the Society of German Car Manufacturers has urged their Government NOT to threaten the purity of the EU concept by allowing Britain a uniquely favourable trade deal? So much for Mercedes, BMW and VW/Audi coming to our rescue.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  7. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Plymborn, Ukippers have been told that if they are in an area were the vote is tight then they have been asked to vote for the Conservatives ! Its funny but the remoaners can throw their toys out of the pram as many times as they like, but they too are now leavers whether they like it or not :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

8. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry but what don't you understand above the word "Democracy" would you bitter remoaners by asking for a second vote if it was the other way around .... don't bother answering I already know the answer ! Oh and by the way its 68% now that want out of the EU.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Mrs Jools, you should apply for the job as prime minister? :eek:

Will you be coming back to join the new Prediction league next season as seeing you like leaving.. we have left division 2 now??

I will be happy that the tories get back in and also hope they reduce the Corporation tax again, happy with most of their policies... as no other party have a clue.. See nigel Ferrell wants to come back.. what a **** er

10. notDistantGreen

It's not a second vote, it will be the first vote on the actual terms being offered.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joe.....I assume you meant Nigel FERAL......or as I call him Sir Nigel Farage.....the most experienced Euroskeptic person we have.....I expect after the election Theresa will be sneaking old Nige in the back door through Horse Guards Parade....so he can wise her up regarding those devious Federalist's running the U.S of Europe.....she will need some help.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Yes that is the Buffoon i mean.. SIR?? I doubt Mrs may will have him help her.. he has stirred up enough **** then clears off.. Now he is doing it in the USA.
    No time for the idiot.. She will do it her way.. that we have to accept.

13. notDistantGreen

Currently under investigation by the FBI is he not?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Who.....Trump.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Not trump the buffoon Feral

16. Greenarmyjoe

17. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Terrified :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm must be right a remoaner said so .... why do you turn everything into issues regarding immigration ..... this might be a bit novel for you, how about the leavers actually believe in their country and don't want to be told what to do by the corrupt EU !

18. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

19. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No thanks you can stay where you are.

I invited Plymborn to tell me 3 laws which have been imposed on him by the EU and how it might affect him. So far the silence has been deafening. The reason immigration is mentioned at every turn is because most of this was about immigrants in the first place and now so as not to sound too racist people are back peddling and trying to imply it is about everything but. I smell bull in the room. (Could be a Trump has entered of course). I find it amusing that these EU Officials are branded as corrupt and somebody actually thinks they are more corrupt than our own bunch of legislators. Still, they are our own bunch of corrupt leaders at least and not that Johnnie Foreigner lot so that's ok then.

20. Greenarmyjoe

Every country and politicians have corruption.. We have it in Plymouth with the leaders... Mr feral is or was a EU MP was he not? cant remember as the man is a tw at .. his going on with the Trump saga? course he is not corrupt or taken a bung.. Sensible is right most of the outers are back peddling over their stance on immigrants.. That is why most voted to think that we could just throw them out of the country.. we need them here. What we should get rid of is the people here who just loaf about and drain the welfare as they dont want the jobs the EU and other people do for us..
    Dont think the remainers are moaning to much, i just feel we will all suffer eventually.. Jobs will start to go and companies are starting to pull out.. Then what?