1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General Election Special

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I read all newspapers. Why do you keep mentioning the Guardian as if it's the exception to the rule? I haven't claimed it to be, nor have I said it's the best or anything like that.

It is one of the few mainstream newspapers that isn't owned by a conservative supporter, granted, but it isn't immune to what I've been saying, something I made explicitly clear in my earlier post.

2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

BREAKING NEWS...

This thread is going to get more posts than 'New Owners'...!!!

Bloody hell.

3. Steven Toast

How can an EU citizen be here illegally if we have freedom of movement?

4. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Do you believe all the problems associated with the NHS are down to underfunding?

and

Do you believe that all homeless people are in that state because of 'Tory austerity'?

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

“”She’s far more intelligent than.” And you were picking people up on their writing.
    She has one thing in common with me. She passed her 11 plus and went to a Grammar School. Something she would deny the opportunity to for others. Though my basic maths is far better, and I am diabetic. Theresa May was Type 1 diabetic, a far more serious condition and never used it as a pathetic excuse. She condemned private education for decades, then faced with the reality of comprehensive schools in her area which she deemed good enough for everyone else, sent her own little darling to a fee paying school. She spouted crap about worrying about her son getting in with the wrong people. Those wrong people were the children of her constituents, and being a typical West Indian mother who would go the extra mile for their kids. She was born in London but chooses to play the race card herself. Her constituents wouldn’t mind paying thousands a test to put their kid into a fee paying school no matter what colour or background they are. That sort of hypocrisy is what people don’t like. Not that she is alone amongst lefties in that regard.

6. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I'm unsuccessful in today's world. I find the world difficult to deal with the way things are.

I also know 100%, no ****ing politicians are going to help me.

I'll go my own way and look after my own.

Good luck with your democratic hopes.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  7. Barchullona

I didn’t say EU citizens were here illegally. Which is why I referred to people coming to this country from the EU wonderland in preference to their own country, then said and others leave the EU to come here illegally-those are the ones in the EU who came from elsewhere. I assume you aren’t teaching comprehension?

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

If they can’t help you Kemps have a think about those they can.

9. Barchullona

It also takes advantage of a tax avoiding set up.

10. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Complex questions - I'll try and be brief.

No to both, but as said, it's complex.

Overall, I think it's down to neo-liberal practices as well as underfunding. I'm not in the medical profession, but I don't think their services should be ran like a business. Funding also needs to match the health needs of the public though.

Homelessness. Figures show the impact of austerity policies have contributed to levels of homelessness. I was looking at some figures for London recently by the ONS which demonstrated this in the capital. Other societal and systemic reasons are also to blame too.

11. Barchullona

Depends on your definition of unsuccessful, Kemps.

12. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

She didn’t use diabetes as an excuse. It was a fact. She was suffering from the effects of her diabetes. She’d not mentioned it before. She was ill.

She sent her children to private school so racist death & rape threats is fair game?

13. Steven Toast

Mother sends son to private school shocker. That's such a specific point, I doubt most people are even aware of it.

She might look clueless, but I'd rather have somebody who looked clueless but was actually intelligent, than somebody who pretends to be clever but is actually a ****ing dipshit. Awful lot of those on the right.

She's outlasted three PM's, so looking at it objectively, she's obviously good at her job and her constituents must think she's doing a good job. If all you've got to nail her is a lame duck story about her kid's schooling and some daft photos/memes of her mid-sentence with her mouth gaping open, it smacks just a little bit of desperation.

A bit like changing your twitter feed to a fact checking service. Or posting edited footage on social media. Or putting misleading figures in your manifesto. Or buying a domain name similar to that of the opposition and trashing their manifesto on it. Or miscalculating Labour spending policies but publishing it as fact anyway. Or coming up with a long list of bad things about the EU, despite most of them being absolute drivel.

You know, things like that. That's the good thing about the youth of today, they grew up plugged in to the Internet, so they can see through the bullshit being floated online. It may just make a difference.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  14. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Why her more than the others though?

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

16. Steven Toast

Yes it does, and will rightly be targeted if Labour get into power.

17. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

You have always seemed like a reasonable and thoughtful man on here, so I'll appeal to that reason.

Don't be complicit in helping usher in a new dawn of Conservatives with 4m kids in poverty and who pusued these policies as a political choice, not out of necessity.

Don't be part of the closing of our public services, or the schools who have to beg for handouts from parents.

Don't accept the dismantling of our free NHS or the lack of regard for our climate.

Don't give tacit support to the Bullingdon boy Johnson, who believes working-class men are drunk, feckless and criminal.

I could go on, and on and on.

Go to bed on Thursday with your conscience clear. Vote Labour.

18. Steven Toast

Because she once did an interview and made a mistake. And drank on a train, or something.

19. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Complex questions, reduced to tennis balls power-served day after day in this election rally.

Leaving the KCOM yesterday, sat in the dark under a tree near the AIRCO arena was a young man begging, sat with his dog.

Further on SBW there was a normally dressed man slumped against a wall looking like he'd sat there and nodded off.

Everyone has their own individual story of the situation they now find themselves in, it seems very cynical in the extreme to blame your political opponent for every social casualty out there.

20. Barchullona

You could take every penny generated in the country and it wouldn’t be enough to fund everything for the NHS.
    Though Bevan wouldn’t have envisaged many of the things we are paying for nowadays. When the NHS was set up Bevan said it seemed a lot, in today’s terms it was about £15 billion a year, but in time as the NHS improved the health of the nation. Last year it was £180 billion. No one wants to see a USA system but no one has seen our system as the best to adopt. A French or Dutch system, or lack German with a basic system though even there they pay more towards it than we do plus a top up would be one alternative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.