1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General Election Special

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

Gonna be some knicker wetting this morning on here!!!

2. Idi Amin

Look at Hull......you put a red rosette on a monkey and hull will vote for it. (That was not another Dianne Abbott joke).

3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

So looking on the bright side it's not a hung parliament. A big majority so even has room for a few rebels who may not tow the party line. A chance to get stuff done, will it be the right stuff? TWT.

Not sure why some are thinking we are stuck with the Torys for ever. If things go as bad as some suggest they will, they will be out at the next general election.

Despite all the talk about the media steering the vote or people not knowing what they were voting for, it seems like people do know and are not so easily steered.

4. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Brexit-supporting parties got 48% of the vote, yes that means overwhelming support for Brexit.
    ?????

5. Mr Hatem

Obvs you have a lot of experience of flights.
    December is the most expensive month for flights. I can wait until January.

6. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

As City Man said its time to go to work. The class struggle continues, whatever the result and whatever happens in the Labour Party. The sell-off of the NHS isn't inevitable, all it takes is organisation and a determination to fight.

Johnson has his majority and the same problem he had when he campaigned for a no vote. How to persuade the EU to give him a free trade deal which undermines their whole reason for existing. Johnson's an pragmatic opportunist and I think he will fail. Any deal will be closer to remaining in the single market than setting sail into the wide blue yonder. Its why the pound rose so sharply when they knew what the exit polls said.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I think we left it open until noon the following day last time, probably do the same this time.

Kempton likes this.
  8. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Never said it would be , I said it should be. Point being if labour don’t take a long hard look at themselves, after a piss poor performance against a unpopular government that have held us in austerity for eight years and more, they’re £@@ked. Already blaming it solely on Brexit . #delusional

9. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

BRD - in 1963? Sounds fascinating.

It well and truly buries Remain obviously.

I think the WDA will pass asap and I think they will be a high of chance of a No Deal Brexit by year end. Trump wants us out with no deal and I think there is now a growing appetite for such in the ruling party.

Plus, with numbers like this - who can stop them?

10. Wilf Taylor

Wilf Taylor Active Member

I think people not wanting to vote for a Marxist racist who supported terrorists who wanted to disband NATO and wasn’t prepared to defend his country might have had something to do with it.

11. Mr Hatem

It was Corbyn, and the Labour party know that. The election of a new leader is complicated and it will take time.

FER ARK likes this.
  12. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

This new majority government have a bigger task than just Brexit, the NHS, schooling etc and not least a constant door knocking on Scottish independency. They have to make a commitment to the people who turned blue red, not just in marginals but in forever red constituencies. Whilst they have got what they wanted which will allow them to negotiate Brexit, if that Brexit doesn't represent what people signed up for in voting leave and they do continue to not recognise the massive disparity region to region and address it, that colour swing will happen again, especially with an opposition party re-aligning itself. Is Boris up for it, can he surround himself with people who can get the job done?

balkan tiger likes this.
  13. Leon T Trout AFC

Haven't seen all of the data yet, but in a peverse way, how many Labour seats did the Brexit Party actually save for Labour?

From my first look, arguably a fair few by splitting the Brexit vote.

14. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

corbyn was never the right man, casting my mind back to his appointment I believe Labour Party £3 membership went through the roof due to Tory supporters joining so they could vote him in. Speaks volumes, they’ve definitely played the long game.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  15. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

So some claim it was the bias of the media that got the Party who want to take us out of the EU elected, but now the BBC are pushing the line that only 48% of voters backed a leave party suggesting the country as a whole wants to remain. I think they just like to be provocative and **** stir.

16. Leon T Trout AFC

If that's their line, then they're desperately trying to win a bit of liberal favour back after a shocking electoral campaign from the BBC.

Remain is finished for a generation at least. It's now just how we leave.

17. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

For those who understand this waaaay better than me. What effect did the agreement made between the Conservatives and Farage have?...

18. Idi Amin

19. Leon T Trout AFC

Not seen full data yet but:

The main positive for Conservatives was to not split the Brexit vote in Tory held seats.

However, from I have seen, the Brexit Party arguably helped save some Labour held seats by splitting the Brexit vote.

Essentially, Farage's party were seemingly useless in terms of helping Brexit.

But, would need a deeper analysis to confirm those assumptions.

20. Heimdallr

Heimdallr Well-Known Member

I can't believe the British public have done this. Especially after Stormy, Mickey blue eyes and the undercover policeman from Line of Duty specifically told them to vote for Labour.

balkan tiger and Idi Amin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.