1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Erection 2019

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Tory

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Labour

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Lib Dem

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Farage

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Green Party

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. Other

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Abstain

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Wow a decade of the Tories destroying lives and you're still not sure if you want them out?

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I can't decide so opted not to vote. Losts of people told me to void the paper to let them know I'm choosing to boycott rather than just be one of millions that doesn't bother turning out

THE FOOL likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

With them not being counted I don't see what difference that makes.

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

think they are counted and listed as spoilt ballots but may be making that up .

5. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Completely meaningless gesture. Better off not even going, especially if you drive and are just pointlessly burning petrol.

Ballots are not essays on the state of the political system. Your options are basically; keep doing the same, or make a change. A spoiled/unused ballot is a de facto Tory vote.

Don't make the same mistake as the referendum where lots of people decided to vote leave just to protest the current system - those leave votes are counted just the same as others, and ****ed the country just as much.

There is no seat in parliament for spoiled ballots.

If you like the Tories feel free to do nothing. If you don't then vote for anyone else to register that.

THE FOOL and ademuzzy like this.
  6. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Am sick and tired of Politics. The sheer amount of lies and disinformation that is spewed from all parties is obscene. Guy Fawkes has the right idea.....

7. astro

astro Well-Known Member

False equivalency argument. "All politicans are bad so do nothing." Independent checking has shown Tories have lied in 88% of their ads and Labour 0%.

THE FOOL likes this.
  8. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

More political propaganda.

They’re all liars and will say (or not say) whatever is required to gain power.

Sorry mate, it’s ALL BS

9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Nope. The reality is that people have died and suffered as a direct consequence of Tory policies. You don't need to believe Labour (or anyone else) are perfect to believe that reducing Tory power has a factual and measurable effect on improving peoples' lives.

You don't get to vote for "no politician", but you do get to vote for the "least bad politician".

organic red, THE FOOL and ademuzzy like this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm sticking with my vote for the Green party despite their view on a 2nd referendum.

11. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

100% spot on Astro. Tories have got to go.

organic red and THE FOOL like this.
  12. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Ah mate....this is what I hate about politics.

EVERY government has made decisions that will eventually lead to someone suffering. No exceptions. Under Tony Blair (who i voted for), the NHS was a mess. Are you saying that people didn’t suffer then, but they will now? Reality is that due to population growth and an aging population (an 85 year old costs 2.5x more to treat than a 65 year old), no party can ‘fix’ the NHS under its current guise; I just wish that all politicians would stop using it as a political football.

Under Labour; Brown deregulated the banks which eventually led to the greed consuming them and us and the biggest recession in a century. Blair also waged war on totally false pretences. Nobody suffered in these cases then?

These Tories are as bad...I’m sick of it all and I have nobody that I can vote for and believe in anymore. Am totally disenfranchised because of the total and utter claptrap coming out of all camps.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

All true, this is why I've looked at a small party, I'd rather the smaller parties win some seats and be a thorn in the side of whoever wins.

organic red likes this.
  14. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Everyone getting in a spin about the election and im just here like..
    please log in to view this image

15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Is that you, Raheem?

16. ademuzzy

This will sound like a personal attack but I really don't understand why people can't just read a policy and think that aligns with my beliefs, so that's what I will vote for.

In America people can lose the right to vote. So just not voting is a silly thing to do in my opinion.

All the independent research proves labour to be truthful in their campaigns and that there manifesto is economically sound.

The whole narrative that Corbyn is sympathiser (an article from UK soldiers,who were high up in the forces, completely debunked this bullshit by the way). The claim he is anti-semitic is at best, wildly inaccurate and at worst it's right wing media driven propaganda. If it is these two reasons that people won't vote labour and Corbyn, you really need to give your head a wobble. You can look into Crobyns past and search for years and find **** all bad about him. With Boris you only need to look as far back as 1 year and you can see the difference in there integrity.

The conservative party gets its financial backing from large corporations, such as news papers and banking. Labour is 100% funded by it's members.

I don't each much money but if tomorrow I was told I need to pay more tax and national insurance to help the country I live in, I wouldn't have a problem. So we aren't the majority of the wealthiest not prepared to do the same?

In simplistic terms the Tories represent a "What can I get out of this?" And "How will this effect MY money and MY life"

Labour represents "what can I do to help MY country?" And "How can we come together and help each other".

If we come together and work together and focus on helping one another our country will go far. If we just focus on our selfish gains it will fall like a house of cards.

It really is a no brainer.

Klopp's Mannschaft and THE FOOL like this.
  17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

So vote for boris then?

18. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Boris has written an anti-semitic book where he whines that "Jews control the media". Corbyn has been rumoured and accused of anti-semitism.

Guess which one the billionaire-owned media companies reported?

organic red and ademuzzy like this.
  19. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

The problem is that we’ve got quite hard right and hard left politics. Nothing in the middle so finding something that aligns to what you (I) believe is not as easy as you may think.

And with respect, this whole put your country before your own needs is just idealistic nonsense. I fully expect everyone to do what’s best for their family and make sure that they have a roof over their heads and food on their tables and can enjoy some of the nicer things in life. The minute that we rely on the state to do that for us, we are doomed.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  20. ademuzzy

It's not idealistic, it's realistic ,in my opinion. It isn't ever hard left.

No policy will have everything you want but I bet if you sat and looked at all of them the labour policy makes the most sense and is the one where most of what we need to happen, happens.

Ultimately "nicer things" in life makes no difference to happiness.

Labour isn't about relying on the state to do what you mention. It's about fixing the fundamental flaws in our economy, healthcare, social care and country as a whole. It's the only party that would solve the big companies paying the tax they should which will help our country. Close the tax loop holes etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.