1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Erection 2019

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Tory

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Labour

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Lib Dem

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Farage

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Green Party

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. Other

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Abstain

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I'm with ade here, how anybody can see the rise in homelessness, foodbanks and poverty in this country and think **** it I'm not arsed is beyond me.

It's that sort of **** you Jack attitude that let's politician do what they want and get away with it.

ademuzzy likes this.
  2. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

The labour you talk about was more right than left.

Blair was a very good public speaker. He got as far as he did based on his ability to speak to the public.

And therein lies the problem just because somebody talks the talk, does not mean they walk the walk.

I've seen many people fail interviews who were the best person for the job and watch a complete blagger get the job.

That's why vote a policy not a person/speaker.

THE FOOL likes this.
  3. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Amazes me the amout of Tory voters who will be directly impacted (negatively) by voting for them. Maybe it's a skill of the far right that they have convinced so many

ademuzzy likes this.
  4. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

If it’s so realistic, show me a successful Marxist government anywhere in the world. I don’t see one anywhere. I think that’s my main problem with Labour, I just do not trust Corbyn one iota on the economy. I’m not saying that Boris is much better, just that I don’t buy either argument, so it’s not personal. Give me a proper leader who has compassion and a vision that won’t bankrupt all of us and i’ll Vote for them. Right now - it’s neither JC or BS or any of the peripheral parties I’m afraid. Which was my original point <ok>

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  5. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I think that this will be magnified by a huge factor in what was the labour heartlands due to Brexit.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Doesn't matter who gets in, we're ****ed either way. None of them give a **** about the working man.

7. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I make you right <ok>

Zanjinho likes this.
  8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Even if all you care about is money then anyone on less than £200k pa still loses voting for the Tories.

9. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

<laugh>

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I often think my vote makes little difference but I have been given the right to vote and feel I should exercise that right.

I also embrace the idea that if you don't vote, don't complain.

11. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I agree. It’s actually law in some countries to vote. Hopefully the turnout will be good and reflect people’s views appropriately.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  12. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

So a bit of a snap poll here;

Person A earns £40k

Person B earns £80k

As a multiplier (e.g. x2, x3 etc) how much more tax should person B pay than person A.

13. johnsonsbaby

This is always contentious. Should you pay twice as much tax (or more) if you earn twice as much? Taxes pay for essential services of which we all use a similar amount. If you pay more tax should the paved area outside your house get better maintained or your bins emptied more regularly, for example.

I think thresholds are a good way of working out how much tax you pay. You will never please everyone and we would all like to pay less no matter how much we pay.

14. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I agree that thresholds are the best way and that someone who earns more should pay more. But what X factor?

15. johnsonsbaby

x2 seems fair enough. Are you asking, given your example, if someone earning £120,000 should then be paying tax x3? If you are, I wouldn't agree with that.

16. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Always makes me laugh when people say that.
    I say to you...

organic red likes this.
  17. johnsonsbaby

I've seen that video before, he's good isn't he. My idea about no vote, no complaint applies to anything you can possibly vote for. I learned the lesson early. If your scout troup asks you to vote on where the summer camp should be and you choose not to vote then don't complain about going somewhere you'd rather not go to when you had the chance to influence the decision.

If your missus asks what colour you want to paint the bedroom and you say 'you decide, I don't care ' , don't complain when you end up in a barbie pink palace.

Sucky likes this.
  18. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Im fully with George tbh, i dont vote therefore all the lies and bs doesnt bother me as im not directly involved through choice.

All of them are pigs in suits as far as im concerned, none of them are for us or have our intrests at heart. History only backs up my view.
    Swap blue **** for red **** every 4 years and hope for change. Nah ill just enjoy life without worrying about any of it, imho the whole thing is an illusion of choice anyway.
    And for that reason... Im Out

19. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Voting is a tough one for people and I can see why many are torn:
    The tories are simply liars, cheats, greed-driven and are proven to manipulate the media to their advantage. They'll say they're improving with one hand whilst taking from the other. They've screwed the education system through cuts and underfunding, they've screwed the NHS staffing, they've hacked away at the police numbers and want to privatise virtually everything. They've axed 21,000 policemen since 2010 which many seem to have now forgotten because they're pledging to increase numbers by 5,000. Whoopdie do, you're still 15k short from where we were 10 years ago! Same story for nurses and GPs. Don't get me started on the carcrash "50,000" more nurses which failed to mention the 19,000 they already had. Their leader is a proven misogynist, has insulted many ethnicities and religions and can't answer a straight question with anything other than a lie. How any 'normal' person can vote for them is mindboggling. I'll give them that they're smart bastards. I don't trust them morally, but I trust them financially to not cripple the country (they'd just cripple the average people for their own benefits). They're immoral, corrupt but clever.

The realistic alternative? Labour.
    Morally strong, more akin to communism in some ways, whereby everyone should contribute equally and proportionally so that the majority succeed. Great for the average person, ****e for the rich and selfish. Guess who runs the media and hence the anti-Corbyn smearing campaign. Sadly many seem to have been mislead (again) and have bought into the propaganda. Yeah, they'll increase taxes, but would that really affect the likes of me on an average salary? Nope. Barely noticeable. If a few £ here or there, which most won't notice, means that nurses no longer need to use foodbanks to feed their kids? So be it. That's morallity and that's essential for a sitting government. The downside of labour though...clueless leaders and shadow cabinet ministers. Shown up countless times to contradict one another or get simple facts and numbers wrong. They're morally correct idiots.

Other parties are pointless other than showing a dissatisfaction for the big two parties.

So it comes down to Brexit.
    The Tories' saving grace appears to be that they'll "Get Brexit Done" which is what lots seem to want and other parties aren't as certain on.
    Labour want to give people another vote and then go from there.

As much as I disagree with re-holding a referendum, I look at it this way: The biggest vote/decision in our generation, allowable votes cast by 72% of the entire population, only a 52% to 48% win meaning effectively we're pushing full steam ahead based on 35% of the population's decision. Iffy already. Then consider, and many aren't talking about this any more, the shear scale of lies and misinformation told during the Brexit campaign deliberately used to con votes. I know lots of people argue that they, "did know what they were voting for," but did Ste from the pub down the road really understand what the customs union and single market really are? Unlikely. It was the £350mill NHS slogan, it was the "take our country back", "make our own rules" and "stop immigrants taking our jobs" that sold Brexit.

Sold to many on a lie.

Needs to be re-voted with honesty told by impartial people. Needs to be an exact description of what Brexit will entail compared to the status quo and then take that from there.

ademuzzy, THE FOOL and johnsonsbaby like this.
  20. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

The difference now is approx x4 and in my book is about right.

The marginal rate of tax on earnings over 100k is 65%

Every single senior Doctor is earning over 100k.

Doctors are already refusing to do extra hours because the tax just doesn't make it worthwhile.

Yet labour want to tax them even more.

How does that work then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.