1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Football Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Aug 11, 2015.

1. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

Manchester United do not have the allure of a few years ago do they?

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not for me they don't. They were on v Brugges midweek and I tuned into radio Derby via 5live sports extra to listen to Derby v Middlesbrough. Sod off red devil media darlings :emoticon-0173-middl

Tony_Munky_Canary likes this.
  3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I really don't get all the hatred toward Man Utd tbh. Of all the 'big' clubs their wealth over the years has been generated by themselves and has not been given to them by a 'sugar daddy'. Chelski, Citeh et al are the ones I despise, is it jealousy ? Probably, but I can't stand 'em. For all their money though they still don't have the stature in world football as Manchester United do and never will IMO.

Bath-Canary, FleetCanary and DHCanary like this.
  4. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

They've had legions of 'plastic' fans for decades, long before Chelski and Man City acquired lots.
    From Redruth to Ripon, you're never too far from a replica ManUre shirt. Pah!
    Sorry.

5. FleetCanary

FleetCanary Active Member

But that's not the fault of the Football Club. It just so happen's there's tossers all over the land that want to feel like they belong to something 'big', when they have no connection to it whatsoever.

6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

This ^^^^

I seem to remember seeing kids in Norwich wearing ****ing Blackburn shirts when they 'bought' the Premier League title back in the day <doh>

Now of course it's Chelsea and Man Citeh shirts that many kids AND adults wear, it's a fact of life that there are many plastics that just wish to be associated with winners as Fleet says. We have a guy at work who really only started to 'follow' football a few years ago. Norwich born and bred he decided to 'support' Chelsea and every weekend it's "WE are playing so & so" or "WE are signing whoever" or "WE will win the title", FCUKING KNOB ! <grr>

7. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think I feel less annoyed by United fans from further afield as I reckon more of them are second or third generation plastics, brought up from a young age supporting United. I'm sure some of us try to bring up young'uns as Norwich fans, despite living outside Norfolk. Chelsea and City fans from outside the respective cities have no such excuse.

KIO likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

And I dislike Chelsea and Man City plastics every bit as much as ManUre ones.
    I mean, credit to fans of Stoke City for sticking by them - how tempting must it have been to 'defect' after years of long-ball Pulis crap <yikes>

9. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Must also be tempting for Towan fans to defect to City after years of long-ball McCarthy crap <laugh>

10. FleetCanary

FleetCanary Active Member

God that used to drive me absolutely nuts!!! (I was about 14 at the time and several people at school started wearing them). No bloody shame!

11. THURNBY YELLOW

I've always lived in Leicestershire and always supported Norwich City, what a glory hunter eh!

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

You must love school summer holidays, there's a mass exodus from Leicestershire into north Norfolk <yikes>

13. THURNBY YELLOW

You are not kidding Cromer. We have a couple of 3 day breaks each year on the North Norfolk Coast with Weybourne Lodges being a real favourite. But a few years ago we stopped in Burnham Overy Staithe and went to the local pub (The Hero I think) for an evening meal and it was absolutely full of the very people we had come to get away from. It was bloody awful!!!
    If only I had a couple of hundred grand (perhaps a bit more) I could leave forever, but sadly that ain't gonna happen.

14. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

It's kind of easy to see the attraction, to be fair - especially if they've got younger kids.
    This is five minutes up the cliff path from my flat <ok>
    please log in to view this image

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I hope you rent Cromer because if your flat is that close to the ocean your home will be under water in a few years time ;)

16. THURNBY YELLOW

I am not going to post a view of Leicester, just imagine Mordor and you will be on the same page. The county is a bit better in fairness.

17. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Mate, I stood and watched the surge tides half destroy the pier in Dec 2013. The destruction caused by the erosion of cliffs all the way round towards Eccles, Happisburgh honestly brought a tear to my eye. But they're spending millions on improving the sea defences in Cromer - boogie all in other, more susceptible places like Walcott, etc.

18. THURNBY YELLOW

Walking from the Weybourne car park across the top to Sheringham you have to watch your step. There are some deep gashes in the rock near the path which if you are not looking where you are going could cause a twisted ankle or worse, much worse.

19. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Looking at that starting line-up for Southampton, they players they sold. That is a really good first 11 tonight.

20. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yep though Saints one down at home to some unpronounceable team.

On the face of it their team looks great, but they really haven't gelled yet. Let's hope they still haven't in ten days' time. That would be a nice little favour.

FleetCanary likes this.