1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Sports Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by The Ides of March, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Will losing Itoje seriously weaken England? You are kidding, right? That's the equivalent of saying "would losing Virgil seriously weaken Saints".

2. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Actually this Forum is a not a sports Forum!! In particular it is A Saints football Forum!!
    If you look down the list of Forums open to you you will see there is already A forum for pretty well each and every sport you can think of.

3. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity...Have any of ye started to regularly watch Gaelic football or hurling since they have started to be shown on this side of the pond?

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Really looking forward to the Mexican GP this weekend.

5. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

Alright Beddy chill out. I guess i should have used blue text!!!!

Libby likes this.
  6. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

At the moment in the stikied threads, we have the off topic thread, the politics thread, an out of date prediction league thread and a thread that only 16 people are involved in, which is also out of date. Seems sensible on a Saints thread.

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Likewise, though am going to have to try and not find out what happens (boo) as will be driving back from the Chelsea game (whoop!)

fatletiss and Libby like this.
  8. Libby

Libby 9-0

That's horrible with F1. Difference with that and football is I find it really hard to watch it back if I already know the result (unless it's a very eventful race!)

9. Libby

Libby 9-0

Oh and you probably want to avoid here LTL!

Le Tissier’s Laces likes this.
  10. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

I used to watch it a bit but have to admit that I haven't watched much of it lately. I have family in Waterford so have been to a few live hurling games whilst over there on various visits - seen games in both Cork and at Croke Park, cracking days out and a great atmosphere.

Do Kilkenny still rule the roost in hurling or has somebody else taken over now...??

fatletiss likes this.

11. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

As my mother was from Co Galway, it has to be Galway for me, and Connaught in the Rugby Union!!

12. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Yes. Wife's family is from Kilkenny.... we won't mention this year's final though :(

One of my favourite sporting days out was going to the semi-final in 2012 at Croke Park. Amazing. My boy is hooked.

13. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Not this year :(

14. Le Tissier's Laces

15. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

fatletiss likes this.
  16. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Ferrer has pulled out of match v Murray in the Vienna semi-final. Murray has agreed to play an exhibition match.

17. Le Tissier's Laces

Unfortunately I think things are really going to swing towards Hamilton in this GP. He's looked mighty all weekend and Rosberg could well be troubled by the Ferraris and Red Bulls on current pace.

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

I have to disagree. Hamilton pole & Rosberg 2nd but I think only a dnf can stop Rosberg winning the title now... and even then I believe 2nd place in the other 2 would still be enough.

Expect Hamilton to win at least 2/3 of the last races but don't think it will be enough.

As much as I'm a Hamilton fan (he's quite simply the better driver) he seems to have gone back to his 'premadonna' ways a bit this year after improving on this front the last couple of years.

He hasn't been at his best this year and Rosberg has driven well. I still hope Hamilton can do it but hope if a Rosberg dnf comes, then it's not in the final race as that would be cruel.

Does anyone better at permatations than me know if there's any (realistic) way they could be on the same or similar points come the last race? Would be bloody exciting!

19. Le Tissier's Laces

Yeah, in fairness Rosberg really pulled that last lap out of the bag to give himself a chance tomorrow, and I wasn't expecting that. There's a rumour they've turned his engine down as he doesn't have any more left in the bank (which Hamilton does after serving his penalties in Spa). That would explain the big difference this weekend, but who knows (though yes, when he's focussed, Hamilton is undoubtedly the quicker driver).

Going to be an interesting start tomorrow - if the Bulls can get in front, that's really going to mess with the Merc strategy as they may well need to pit early to try an undercut as the car is crap in traffic. Would make for an interesting race.

20. Le Tissier's Laces

As you know, I really don't like Hamilton because he's a cock. I think Nico deserves the championship this year, by dint of the fact he's really upped his game, been incredibly consistent and basically taken it seriously. Hamilton has been unlucky with unreliability (though not as much as some of the tinfoil hat brigade would have you believe), but he's brought a lot of the pain on himself.

Libby likes this.