1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

George Floyd R.I.P

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, May 29, 2020.

1. brb

brb CR250

There has been so much news around this, I thought it deserved it's own thread, especially with such compelling video evidence, that the cop is a murderer...

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely tragic ... I don't think I could have just stood there watching that ... would have hauled the **** off his neck, pepper spray or no pepper spray ... don't get me wrong, I'm no hero ... but I honestly don't think I could watch a guy pleading for his life with blood coming from his nose and having pissed himself without acting ... whatever the personal cost ... his family must be absolutely distraught watching that.

Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.
  3. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I watched the video and couldn't even understand the logic used by the officers. One of them is on his back telling him to "stand up and get into the car, NOW." "DO IT NOW." The poor ****er is pinned down, you're literally being murdered, there's no disarming the situation or chilling the cops out, they're straight up killing you.

Now it's escalated into riots which, of course, has prompted the US President to tweet "if they start looting, we start shooting."

brb likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't know how true this is but the copper involved has history. And plenty of it apparently. But like I said it could just be bullshit without verifying.

Trump tweeted "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" which tbf was quite funny. Twitter then decided to remove it which was also funny - almost as if they have @brb or @PleaseNotPoll working there <whistle>

5. Welshie

I'm positive Donald is thinking that black folk vote Democrat anyway. No major loss.

NLDISRED likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't know enough about it tbh but heard from the primaries Biden has the black vote?

Trump's definitely playing to his target base. It'll fuel more division unfortunately.

Sad thing is this incident doesn't cause much alarm anymore. I kind of expect it over there and also expect nothing will change.

lfcpower likes this.
  7. Welshie

Bro, African Americans vote democrat, its as American as apple pie. His base will be loving this, him supporting the cops is Donald Trump basics, it's a no brainer for him.

It's happening simultaneous to riots in Hong Kong which I find interesting.

Treble likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

I'm like you and would have done the same, but I'm wondering if that's a very British thing to do, as well has a humane one. What I mean by that is people in America, especially black people, are probably used to trigger happy white coppers, which could explain why they didn't go and rip the cops head off.

9. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

****ing hell.

what an arsehole he murdered him on purpose imo

haslam, Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Only reason I question it is because when the economy was up, apparently a lot of the black communities in deprived areas were getting jobs. That and the fact the democrats look a mess right now. Trump supposedly got a significant proportion of the female vote and even a fair few hispanics, both cases quite ironic.

I've not been watching the news so don't know about HK. I assume it's related to stuff about China introducing new laws prior to the virus. I'm not expecting the rebels to win.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's the only way you can murder someone mate

12. brb

brb CR250

You could see by the cops body language, he was actually enjoying what he was doing. It makes me wonder if he had fallen into some sort of psychosis. It's quite eeire to watch, as the cop seems relaxed as though he's gaining pleasure from what he is doing, much like some form of orgasm from it, in his dominating stance.

lfcpower and Munson. like this.
  13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That's what murder is mate, premeditated.

Unfortunately I think there would be as many Brits would film this sort of thing, rather than step in, nowadays as Americans.

Big Ern, brb and Treble like this.
  14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Soz, Trebs said it first.

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

Dunno about the US but over here there doesn't have to be an intent to kill for somebody to be guilty of murder. An intent to seriously harm at the time of the incident can also equal murder.

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

Murder doesn't have to be premeditated.

Agreed on the second bit.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Wouldn't that be manslaughter though?

In the U.S. there's something called Murder in the first degree and Murder in the second degree. Not sure what the difference is, maybe the 2nd is crime of passion or temporary loss of your senses e.g. angry as fck lost the plot mode?

18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Tbh it would not suprise me if the **** did it hoping for that exact reaction so his mates could justify shooting a group of "violent thugs" for an "unprovoked attack on innocent cops"...
    America is ****ed imho.
    I ain't pretending that our society is perfect but ****ing hell...the bloke being shot a few weeks back and now this.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I'm not sure on US law but think you might have that right.

Over here though if the prosecution can prove that there was an intent to seriously harm then a person can also be found guilty of murder.

I always assumed the same as you but I've literally witnessed a judge saying those exact words when directing the jury to make their verdict in a murder trial.

Treble likes this.
  20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

We have to do a first aid course every 2 years and the bloke who did it last year ssid one of the biggest obstacles to helping the injured in the first minutes of an incident like a mass fight, big accident or terror attack etc is that people sre more likely to film the incident before calling 999 for help.

He said that a report into the first Lonfon Bridge attack a few years back said that in the first 10 minutes of the incident there were more video's posted on social media by people there than there were calls to the emergency services.

I really hope that is not true.

Libby likes this.