1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Get in touch with supporters

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by PaulBaaijens, Sep 13, 2013.

1. PaulBaaijens

PaulBaaijens New Member

Hi guys,

First, I will introduce myself. My name is Paul Baaijens, 24 years old and currently living in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. At the moment I am working as a teacher of French at the Over Betuwe College in Elst.

In December 2013 I am planning to stay in London for 5 weeks. My enthusiasm for football is huge. All the clubs in London have my special attention. I would like to be part of this unique culture for a longer period. I have a clear goal: visiting all of the 13 London professional football clubs and getting to know their fanatic supporters. The English football supporter is quite a phenomenon in Holland.

I will write a book about this phenomenon: the London football supporter. I want to find as many supporters as possible (die-hards!) who want to tell me about their club and share their passion with me. I want to compare the London clubs and I would like to know what the club means to the supporters. In my opinion, there is a lot to write about London football.

My questions:

1. Do you guys know (or are you?) a die-hard fan with some good stories about your club for an interview?
    2. Do you know anyone who will meet up before, during and after a game? It's an essential part of my book, going to a matchday with a supporter.
    3. Anything else you can help me with, would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Paul