1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ghosts

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Who believes in them??

Ive always had an open mind but ive had an experience tonight.
    Its my weekend with my lads, me and my lass had YouTube on downstairs listening to tunes, my lads were on the Ps4.

I put them to bed about 10 and me and my lass came to bed to watch a film. We encountered a wifi problem so i went to check the box. The plug was sat there laid on the floor. How the fexk does that happen???

Draig and rooch 3 like this.
  2. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Your lass unplugged whilst you were putting the boys to bed. She didn't want to watch a film :emoticon-0105-wink:<party>

C19RK73, Sunderlad, RTB and 3 others like this.
  3. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Haha not possible mate. My wifi is behind my Tv unit nobody can get to it other than me

4. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

My wife and I were stopping in a castle near Darlington a few years ago, in a room where some king supposedly stayed once. Anyway, our room had a living area and the bedroom was separate. Posh and old fashioned, in keeping with the building. When I woke up in the morning and opened my eyes I happened to be facing towards the opened doorway between the bedroom and the living room. Standing in the doorway was a woman, young, maybe middle aged, wearing what I can only describe as a middle class Georgian or Victorian outfit. Possibly a lady in waiting or a well to do servant get up. Definitely not a past owner of the castle. Before I had the chance to focus the figure sort of collapsed in on itself, like swooshed into a blur in a proper stereotypical ghostly fashion. Like it knew I'd seen her so quickly disappeared. All of this happened within a second or two, hence my vague description. Now I'm pretty sure that any dream I was having before I woke didn't influence the vision. The fact that the vision just happened to be standing in the doorway also makes me think. I'm a sceptic, so I'm willing to put it down to my semi conscious state. My brain playing tricks on me, influenced by the surroundings, but I have never had anything like that happen to me before or since. Strange thing was I just brushed it off at the time, and just carried on. Put it down to my crazy brain. It wasn't till I got home and had more time to think that I started to actually think 'hang on?'

Draig, Glencoe, SAFC2403 and 2 others like this.
  5. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

I’ve an open mind too. About 5 or so years ago we went to Chillingham castle for a tour late at night. It was a bitterly cold winter night but that added to it. We went down into the woods in the grounds where the “hanging” tree is located and heard all of the horrible stories. Then there was some rustling in the bushes... just as I was about to leg it somebody turned their torch around and the culprit was revealed to be a deer!

Inside there were more stories especially about the chief torturer John Sage but apart from the odd bang and some people experiencing fluctuations in temperature nothing much happened. I was hoping to see something or feel something personally but didn’t which was disappointing. I’d definitely do something similar again in the future.

Guy Incognito and The Norton Cat like this.
  6. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I've never experienced anything like it myself but I know quite a few people who have. None of them are the type to be easily spooked or to be prone to flights of fancy so I totally believe them. I definitely think there's something in it all.

Guy Incognito and rooch 3 like this.
  7. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

I've been in a few ghost hunts and although I'm sceptical, I've had too many experiences to say that there's something in it. I've seen figures, knocks on request, shadows and I have a spirit box which scans the radio waves and gives out white noise and I've been told to get out - I always scan frequencies backwards so if something does come through its not words from a station. Both my wife and I heard a footstep in the Golden Fleece in York during the day and there was no one there.

8. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

We've got ghosts in our house i believe.

Every couple of weeks my wife buys salt and vinegar crisps for me to enjoy. Often, after she goes to bed these crisps disappear with only an empty packet left behind to show that they ever existed. I generally wake up the morning after these supernatural events with dry lips and tongue.

I tell you, ghosts are real :emoticon-0111-blush

9. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

They will eat virtually anything.

Wait that's goats.

10. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

To many things have happened to me with no logical reason that I have to believe there is something but haven’t a clue what.

11. Millfield Maestro 1879

Millfield Maestro 1879 Well-Known Member

I've had a great deal happen to me, many things witnessed by others that have no other explanation. So many things its difficult to summarise on here.

Ghosts is one of those things it's hard to believe unless you have had an experience shared by others yourself.

One of my stories includes a photo that ended up in the daily mail (my one and only l claim to fame)

12. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

I’ve been on loads of ghost hunts with nothing major happening, but others see and hear things. The closest thing that happened to me was at Gateshead theatre. We had about ten dice to roll which had letters on and if we saw anything we had to shout out
    First roll I had picked out my dads (who had already passed) name. So he told me to roll the dice and see if I can pick anything up. So I did, I picked up RN Gun, he was a Royal Navy Gunner during the war and then came the 3rd roll. The guy told me to think of the ships name and roll the dice, which I did.... they stopped and within milliseconds I picked out, no not the ships name but the word “ cruise”. May not sound too clever but his ship was actually a cruiser. I nearly shat myself.
    I don’t yet believe but want to. The transport museum at Washington is a good night as long as it not too windy

13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I reckon if ghosts were real we'd be swamped by the feckers considering how many people have died throughout history. You wouldn't be able to make a brew without a dozen icy spectres passing through your body. It wouldn't be something that happened to a handful of people on a handful of occasions.

Confucius and HoratioCarter like this.
  14. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

I sort of believe, when I was much younger I was a real skeptic, but as I've got older I've had a few experiences which made me believe in it. The biggest being my brothers old house, where some really weird stuff happened. I was looking after it for him while he was away for a few days and I heard one of the upstairs rooms door open and close, despite me being the only person in there. Sometimes you would walk into a room and smell Old Spice aftershave, despite neither of us wearing it or having a bottle of it, other stuff happened including a mirror being smashed by coming off the wall, despite the hook and the wire still being fine and intact. The only way it could have come off was if someone picked it off the wall and threw it onto the floor. He got the house blessed by a priest and things settled down for a while, but they started up again shortly before he sold it.
    I've had a few other experiences in other locations, but nothing major. Glimpses of something, weird feelings, nothing definite but things that can't be easily explained away. All of that has made me a lot more open minded and accepting.

15. Essayyeffcee

Been to the air museum at Washington a few times. One time there was banging on the wall and you could actually feel it when you touched it. The only thing is that there was no one bragging on the wall inside and no one outside. We all went out to one of the other hangers and I went to check - you could still feel the banging at the same place

Guy Incognito and Confucius like this.
  16. Confucius

On the day that I went I had gone to the cemetery earlier in the day and said, “ dad I know you were navy and this is an old RAF place but make yourself known tonight”. We were in between hangars in the middle of an open space and I had the EMF meter which measures electrical energy. I was telling the guy my cemetery story and the thing lit up. I was in the middle of nowhere, no overhead lines, I held it to the ground nothing and put it to my heart, it went apeshit. My son was there, he took it off me and said is that you grandad and it lit up. Me being me, reckons the bloke has a little button which sets it off.
    The old spy at the museum was a right twat as well, we were winding him up and things started pinging off the fuselages, again though you can’t see a thing so don’t know. The last time I was there, me, my other son and his girlfriend turned round and saw someone looking at us in front of the glass showcase, he then disappeared down the corridor. I went looking but there was no one there and I accounted for everyone in our group. The private ones are the best mind, if you can get 10 people to go.

Guy Incognito and Essayyeffcee like this.
  17. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Forgot that this had happened to me too. I work in an office on Consett industrial estate. It was my turn to wash the coffee cups and make fresh ones. Often in the past, if I'd missed a cup on somebodies desk they would walk up from behind me and from over my shoulder they would place it on the bench next to me. I would normally sense that person getting closer, through the noise of their footsteps, or any other noises they would make but most often just sensing they were coming. Anyway, I was washing the cups and got this sense that somebody from my office and bearing down on me. When the anticipated cup was not slammed down next to me at the moment I was expecting it I turned around and for a split second saw a black mass centermetres away from me. Before I had time to judge the size and shape of this mass it was gone. Again, it was probably my mind playing tricks on me. My brain expecting to see something generated this black mass. But I was shocked when nobody was actually there when my senses told me otherwise. My colleagues in my office and on the shop floor have had their own experiences before and after my experience, stories which I can't remember off the top of my head, things switching on on their own, things falling off of things that could have only been pushed etc. So I did get a bit of a shiver at the time.

18. Essayyeffcee

I was at Mary Queen of Scots house in Jedburgh and I have photos of "something" using a thermal imager. No one was in front of me and thinking it could be reflection of people's heat reflecting on the perspex protection of the history of the place on the walls, I moved towards it. The heat disappeared the closer I got and reappeared when I moved away

Guy Incognito likes this.
  19. Confucius

I was a little disappointed in Jedburgh Gaol, it was too light and the scariest parts are the dummies

20. Essayyeffcee

Never been but down to go at Halloween this year on a night investigation

Confucius likes this.