1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

gillingham v shrewsbury rematch play-off final 2011

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by HOADIE_BOI, Mar 13, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

what do u think of the possiblity of us meetin in the final again and what do u think of losing again
    maybe by a bigger score this time

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You don't seem very confident about this... <laugh>

3. HOADIE_BOI

well i am confident but i am being tame about it and asking your views and to c how confident u r as we r going up n u r not the only way u will go up is if u r in automatic or we r in automatic and u have a chance of winning play offs but if rotherham dont go up auto and we do instead in auto and u get to the final against rotherham u will lose as rotherham are the better team

4. Matster

Forum Moderator

Most teams have had good and bad times this season, even Chesterfield had blips but they have sorted those out. The Gills have had plenty this season along with many other teams including the Shrews. Why are Rotherham a better team? The way Shrewsbury were playing a month ago I would have put money on auto promotion, yet now I'm glad I didn't. Last month our manager won L2 manager of the month as we won four games and drew one, so why should we be destined to stay in L2 and not you? The playoffs are tough, stop the team having a decent rest and the manager from starting the process of signing new players as they don't know which league they will be in. We both suffered as a result of the playoffs as you got relegated and we had a players poached.

Btw, there are things such as commas and full stops you could add to your writing that would help its readability.

5. HOADIE_BOI

btw u are sad picking out things like that
    i dont use commas
    well i use them sometimes but there isnt to much point in using them
    u are a very sad person mate

6. Matster

Forum Moderator

Why am I sad to point out that using punctuation makes your work easier to read? I was just suggesting to you in a completely inoffensive way that by using punctuation you are more likely to get more responses that are positive back.

I didn't insult you or call you names, yet you feel that you have to do that back. I am not here to wind up you or any other person, I am here to discuss football and other stuff in a light-hearted and friendly manner - not insult people.

7. HOADIE_BOI

OK we will end it there, i dont use much punctuation, but i do use it sometimes
    Not that i dont know how to use it but, sometimes you forget to use it lol
    yeah I will just get on with what I do best, which is: discussing football and Gillingham FC

8. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

The only really interesting thing about a rematch in the final would be to see how many of your fair weather supporters would venture as far as Manchester. I suspect nowhere near as many as went to Wembley on your doorstep.

9. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Fairweather supporters of the greatest order, indeed.

10. HOADIE_BOI

our surporters are very loyal so they would travel anywhere to see us play thanks

11. Matster

Forum Moderator

Just wait until you're playing Chester in the Glue leagues :emoticon-0110-tongu

Seriously, if we met at Old Trafford the balance of fans in attendance would be somewhat different. Gillingham to London isn't far compared with Gillingham to Manchester at 250 miles.

12. HOADIE_BOI

well i think you have something wrong our fans would travel to australia to watch us play so I dont think there will be any problem with the number of fans at old trafford as we will take loads and i can exclusively conform I will be one of them

13. Matster

Forum Moderator

I didn't say you wouldn't take fans any I just think that there would be a drop in the amount going. It was hard work to get to London to watch the Wembley match last time. A good five hours of travelling for our fans and it'll be at least two hours for us to get to Old Trafford in good time.

14. HOADIE_BOI

yeah there is no doubt there will be a few less than when we were at wembley but we will still have more than you, the one reason is that we always have more than the opposition

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

What if you played Barcelona?

I like your confidence!

16. HOADIE_BOI

NO that is taking it too far lol
    anyway we would have to be in the premiership then, and if we were in the premiership and in champions league in the home leg I could guarentee that we would have more fans than barcalona, But on the away leg they would have more than us.