1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gills play on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Mar 28, 2021.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Well strangely Gills have changed there fixture on Good Friday to Wednesday. No other club has done this. We could be top 6 if we beat Wigan until Friday night. So a must win game especially as we play Blackpool on Easter Monday. Again a match we need to win or at least not lose.
    I know Wigan wanted the change of date still strange no other clubs doing the same.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

That explains it now!...

I was wondering why the hell are The Gills kicking off at 5.30pm on Wednesday. It now makes sense, because if the fixture has been moved, the earlier time I suspect is to avoid the Gills game clashing with the later KO time of the England v Poland qualifier at 7.45pm.

I'm surprised we have been allowed to do that. As you state gioblues, surprised no other clubs are doing the same. I assume, it gives the players a rest over Easter, also gives us the added advantage of a longer rest before everyone's next game on the Bank Holiday Monday.

grumpygit and itstimupnorth like this.
  3. gioblues

Gills go into 6th for now with hard thought win. Very lucky to win but big V dies it again

brb likes this.
  4. gioblues

Well was only for two days. We will see if we can achieve it again. Evans already said if we are still within 4or 5 points going to last 3 games would be happy.

brb likes this.