1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Glory pardon?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Of course darling.

Gloria was banned because a few snowflakes didn't have the minerals to banter with him.
    They cried to the teachers, who discussed it at length in private, then discussed it some more.
    After a few thousand posts the teachers decided they needed help, so went to the headmistress.
    Headmistress was busy in the punishment dungeon, so the pikey caretaker was called on to intervene.

The snowflakes that complained about Gloria seem to have either disappeared to Iraq or were fictitious, as everyone here seems to deny using the report button.

The more level-headed non-snowflake type that uses this board have decided they would like Gloria back.
    The pikey caretaker is busy fixing doors, but seems the headmistress is now available and is armed with a new cane.

Eireleeds1 and esteponawhite like this.
  2. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

So that made me laugh but I have no idea if the majority want him back or not

& I have already broken my cane on the backside of the pikey who is no good at fixing doors :)

Irishshako likes this.
  3. lifecheshirewhite

There is a majority wanting him back, most think he's been banned for a long time, and he should be allowed back with conditions attached from our mods, probably shouldn't have involved you guys so much in the past apart from doing the pulling the plug after our mods asked for it, anyway speak to our mods, think they are split but they have to deal with any problems, so there wishes are probably the main thing. But thanks for answering anyway.

ristac and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  4. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Minxy <hug>
    I am not sensible enough to answer, although after a few beers I might.

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

@Minxy , our Mods passed this on to @brb for discussion, as courtesy, on the basis that he had been heavily involved in this episode. To date, @brb has failed to return the courtesy, though clearly aware of the current situation, given his cryptic post of a door closing (!).

This has been dragging on for weeks, all due to the seemingly mis-placed courtesy offered to @brb .

You'd need to ask them to confirm, but I think our Mods would happily have made a decision themselves, was it not for feeling obliged to include @brb . I'm guessing that if you could confirm that @brb is happy for our Mods to make the decision on their own, then they will. If my guess is correct, then there will be no further need for your intervention, unless you feel there is, of course.

I note that @lifecheshirewhite claims that there is a majority that wishes Glory's return. Tbh, I think that is subjective, as no vote has taken place, and only a small percentage of posters have offered up an opinion. However, if whoever is allocated to make this decision feels that a vote is the way forward, then puleez let's get it set up asap. There's enough grief affecting us all at the moment without this dragging on & causing further unnecessary upset & frustration, so please get whatever it takes to end this springing into action asap. Pretty please.

wakeybreakyheart and Eireleeds1 like this.
  6. lifecheshirewhite

A majority of them who have expressed an opinion then. ;) I took it as them who say nothing don't care one way of the other.

7. Whitejock

Fully accept that, Chesh, but subjective, nonetheless. It wasn't a criticism, just a qualification.

8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Or merely an observation old chap

Whitejock likes this.
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Trust a Wally to spin the story. Ironic that the one bloke who isn't here is the one who did most of the running to the mods..<ok>

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

Who's the one guy who did most of the running to the mods ? I honestly have no idea who you are on about.

Whitejock likes this.

11. Whitejock

LOL, me neither. :huh:

lifecheshirewhite and Irishshako like this.
  12. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

The Oirish man doth protest too much. :emoticon-0127-lipss

13. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Does the Ban button still work, let him back and see what happens, what's the problem?

200.gif

14. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

He's not coming back.

I believe he has an account on mot forum though so there's options for anyone wanting to stay in touch. <ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  15. Whitejock

I didn't realise that BRB had left! <whistle>

Seriously, does that mean Glory is banned, or has his ban been lifted & he doesn't want to come back? Asking for a friend. :)

Irishshako likes this.
  16. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

BRB has been back in contact, we have had a chat

Hes still banned <ok>

Irishshako and Whitejock like this.
  17. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

What are his account names?

18. Irishshako

Now I know you're not stupid, so it must be a selective memory issue. I don't want to say his name because I'll be accused of being obsessed with him.
    I was just responding to TCs half baked (wind up) opinions about the said ex poster. He accused posters of being snowflakes and of running to the mods. My point was the bloke he's sticking up for was in contact with the mods and supermods more than most. Maybe the mods can back me up on that. TC also left out the fact that (and I know I'm going over old ground again) that the ex poster also tried to get this site closed down and was 99% of the time involved in most of the ****e that went on. I'm talking about his online persona and not his real life, match day persona. He's had posters banned, posters have left, some out of support and some who were just fed up with being the next target of some of his acid tongued comments, or banter, fishing etc etc.
    Hope I've explained myself.<ok>

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  19. Irishshako

The foreign wally should worry about his own clubs politics and not a Leeds Utd one. <ok>

20. Irishshako

More selective memory syndrome. I'm surprised WJ, especially as you were involved in a lot of, lets call it feisty discussions with our missing comrade.<ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.