1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gloucester and Nigel davies

Discussion in 'Premiership' started by potter, Jul 2, 2012.

1. potter

potter New Member

I think the resignation of Brian Redpath is a blessing in disguise. As in the new man nigel Davies we have one of the best coaches In Britain. Just look at the skill set shown by the team he previously coached the scarlets. Plus look at the players he's developed with a shoe string budget. Players such as George North, John Davies, Rhys Priestland and Ben Morgan have been effective on the international stage. This is why he's the perfect fit for Gloucester as they are rich with talented youngsters who if coached properly can blossom into top international players. Furthermore what really impresses me is his rugby philosophy. His brand of no fear rugby will give the gloucester fans some great attacking rugby to watch. What really impresses me h is his encouragement for the players to drive their own game plan and playing what is in front of them, making them into more intelligent rugby players. This is why we are streets behind the New zealanders n attacking play as the english players right down from grass root level are coached like robots, meaning they are not that intelliant on the pitch. This will also benefit England as more players will be playing more intelligent rugby, meaning their attacking play could be better an area which was below par in the summer tour and the six nations. Plus hopeful he will give the Gloucester players a exciting set of skills.

Furthermore I think the work of Paddy anson shouldn't go unnoticed as fitness is crucial. I think his gruesome regime will help us prevail during tight games and during the latter part of the season.

2. King_opener

King_opener New Member

By the sounds of it you are very excited by arrival.

But I have to say that bringing up these talented players such George North and Ben Morgan, how come they didnn't really any real success?

Also he was attack coach at Wales 2007 failed world cup campaign, and losing 4 out of 5 in the 6 nations that same year.

3. potter

potter New Member

I can see your point of view, as Wales weren't that great. But from what I like his vision for the club and the staff he's bringing around him.