1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good point tonight.

Discussion in 'Birmingham City' started by Pontsafc, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Pontsafc

Pontsafc Active Member

Haven't seen any clips of the game or heard comments but as an outsider looking on (Sunderland fan) that looks a really good point your team got tonight. Everton is a tough place to go so all credit to your team.
    That's exactly the sort of gutsy point that will steer you away from those dreaded relegation places. Lets hope you can build on your Cup success and tonights point and finish off the season in style.

2. matzusdog

matzusdog New Member

hard fought game. wigan away next, 3 points would be nice:D

3. Pontsafc

Pontsafc Active Member

Real big game for you then. Wigan seem a little fragile so you must have a pretty good chance. Having said that there are no easy games in the Premiership.

4. matzusdog

matzusdog New Member

aye, we've got injury worries, a too small squad and an FA cup quarter final to contend with first!

it depends, to be honest everton looked far the better side last night. A difference in class, first touch, passing to feet and all that. for every nice bit of play we do, there are two or three missed passes, bad control, long balls kicked into touch, defensive errors (their goal was because Carr tried to shepherd it out and gave away a corner).

we seem to live (alongside blackburn, bolton, sunderland and west ham) in a precarious world just between the established premiership teams not including the big 6, so your villa, everton, spurs; and the good championship teams (your stokes, wolves,west brom, wigan etc). just about good enough to hold it against the big clubs, and just big enough to be a good scalp for the lesser teams.

its a funny old season. you can still pick three from nine to go down. I just hope the clubs in freefall, blackburn, blackpool, stoke drop enough points to keep us out of the struggle. I keep doing that predictor, and it keeps telling me we need 42 points to be safe...

5. Pontsafc

Pontsafc Active Member

Just been saying on the Blackpool board that it's time for them to ditch the open attacking football that has earned them so many plaudits (but not enough points) and scrap for everything from the basis of a mean defense. I think the Blues have that mentality under McCleish and have demonstrated the backs to the wall mentality needed in a dogfight for survival. I'm sure there will be anxious days ahead and maybe onto the last day of the season itself but your seasoned pros and wise old head of McCleish will see you in the Premiership next season.