1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goodbye League One, It's Been Emotional

Discussion in 'League 1' started by KingslandKate, May 4, 2011.

1. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

I'd like to say I've enjoyed our time in League One over the last two years and part of me will miss it.

I've met some fantastic fans and had some really great conversations/banter with true football fans who are passionate about their club and the sport in general.

The level of football has also been better than I expected and the unpredictability has been awesome - going to the likes of Rochdale, Oldham, Tranmere and Walsall, you never know if you're going to get trashed 3-0 or you're going to trash them 3-0!! Real honest football, no divas and no plastic fans.

I'll look back fondly and, with all respect, hope we don't see you soon!

With regards to Saints, I feel these last two years have been a rebuilding and consolidation period and I hope that we have overcome past issues and can kick on in the Championship and onwards to the Premier League. I've only had a season ticket for 6 years but I've never known this much of optimism and elation when it comes to supporting Saints.

So thanks to you, clubs and fans of League One, we'll miss you. Hopefully see some of you in the Championship (and/or Premier League?!?!) in the years to come.