1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grant McCann

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Kempton, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Are we starting to believe in Terry? I think its time we started to have some faith in him. Forget last season, and look at where we are now.

At the end of the day, all we need from him is results and we're getting them.

Or is it too early to judge?

The lads taken a bit of a battering on here ever since he took charge and to be honest, until this season, he probably deserved it. But he does seem to be turning that around.

I like him.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  2. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

The 2nd part of last season was inexplicably. Why I just don’t know. We have to let it go now and enjoy now. It sure as hell beats the alternative...

Kempton likes this.
  3. Shag

Shag Member

It's a results based business and atm he's getting them so I suppose he has to be given the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Hopefully the arseholes in charge of the purse strings back him in the January window should he decide he needs to strengthen the squad further.

4. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Terrys achieved absolutely nothing as a manager/coach as yet, and after a promising start last season took us backwards at a rapid rate of knots. I'm still a glass half empty sort of guy as it stands. 3 months ago I was amazed he was still in a job and wanted him out, that said I can see Ehab thought he would know this division better, most of the players were his with more to follow, and he's a cheap option, so give him until January to sort his mess out.

It's looking encouraging, we've still got a long way to go, but assuming he gets us promoted and back to square one, he'll have my support. Until then after last seasons fiasco, fingers crossed the wheels don't come off again.

5. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Give the guy some credit, after last season from Christmas onwards, anyone else may have buckled under the pressure. If we are promoted, and that's a long, long way off, the acid test will be next season , though he won't have control of the purse strings.

CANADATIGER and Kempton like this.
  6. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

He appears to have signed the right players for this league and is doing well. You have to give him some credit for that. It’s been a hard league to get out of for some big clubs and I hope he gets the job done. He also seems to be showing a tendency to be more flexible in formation and he is rotating players very well and using his whole squad. Is this his level ? My main worry is that he did fail badly at Championship level but so have others but they came back doing better with experience. With certain reservations I think we should get behind him and hopefully he will repay that faith.

7. Kempton

This is key. If we do go up, he'll need the funds to either mount a challenge or at least finish mid table/consolidate.

I don't see those funds coming and when they don't, we need to have sympathy for him. You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

The B&S Fanclub likes this.
  8. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

He is current doing a superb job. The circumstances of last season were complex, putting the blame entirely at McCann’s door was wrong - but anyway it’s history now and clearly the manager, the squad and the owners have now moved on from it. As a fan, I have too.

9. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I thought this thread would be about the text McCann had sent out to members.

10. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Unlike Ehab who made a pigs ear out of a silk purse.

Kempton and balkan tiger like this.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Personally I think we should get behind him now. Last season, I think he was a bit out of his depth, having Bowen & Turbo papered over the cracks, and once they went he just couldn't find a away of stemming the slide.

This season he is back to what he is comfortable with, and he clearly knows this league, and has brought in suitable players to compete. He is doing well so far, and there should be no reason why he can't see us through to promotion with the squad he has assembled. He is a young manager, and one would hope that he leant a lot about the Championship last season, and can next time be more ready for the fray.

TWT of cause, but for the time being IMO we should get behind him.

CANADATIGER, johnbo and Kempton like this.
  12. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

winning games is far more fun than toiling for midtable championship aint it
    tough division to get out at first time asking, would deserve huge credit if accomplished

leeds ****e took em a while
    portsmouth never delved from the depths
    sunderland close but too far
    like a whirlpool, once it gets a hold, it sucks you down for all your worth

perhaps we can follow southamptons route

johnbo and Kempton like this.
  13. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Early days yet. Last season we were looking at playoff positions then January came along and it was downhill all the way, covid just exacerbated that slide. It's hard to say if he should have coped with the Bowen and Grosicki departures better, we don't really know what the state of the dressing room was and he was playing with a hand he hadn't dealt himself.

All change this season, he's got his own team and it's going well so far. Hopefully there'll be no-one important shipped out in January, and I'd like to see no incomers, I don't think we desperately need anyone, injuries notwithstanding.

Having said all that he always claimed to 'know this league', whatever that means. If he doesn't get us out, or at least into the playoffs, with the squad he's got now that must count as failure and a dismissible offence. If we do get out he still has a lot to prove in the Championship.

For the moment I'm just enjoying watching us win games, UTT!

14. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Once we are allowed to, will you go and support him in the ground ?

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  15. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

unless he starts to wave on demand he's still a ****

Evington likes this.
  16. Kempton

For the last time. No! Not until the Allams have done one. But then I wouldn't make too much difference anyway, so no worries.

17. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Move on easily from how poor grant was and have some faith in him, but still won't draw a line under the allams **** ups and go back to supporting the man you've suddenly got faith in and support him in person..... Fair enough

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  18. Kempton

You're getting it now <ok>

GLP likes this.
  19. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

All you lot talking about how great we're doing, you do know we are now ****ed, the tide will turn. Now you've put the old voodoo on us the only way is down now. You know it's the City way, we just can't help ourselves.
    That is all <cheers>

Kempton likes this.
  20. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I love that GM doesn't wave - if he turns into a performing dog, waving on demand, he'll be a ****; as for the football - he's like every other manager, he'll get **** all, or grudging, credit; when the team wins, and when we lose? He'll be a 'tactically naive, lost the dressing room and no plan B ****' - just like every other manager.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020