1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grenfell Tower Disaster

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Balanced reporting is going to be very important now that there has been this mosque incident.....there where Muslems saying that they feel that they cannot go out or to the mosque anymore....non-Muslems haven't been reported as saying that

Todays Daily Telegraph has an article about illegal victims.......

Survivors of the Grenfell Tower tragedy who are living in Britain illegally will be given an amnesty in the hope that they will come forward and the police can log an accurate death toll.

Government sources confirmed the amnesty amid fears that victims are not declaring themselves due to fear of arrest.

The Daily Telegraph understands that anyone who identifies themselves will not have their details recorded, but will also not be eligible for compensation.

Commander Stuart Cundy, who is leading the investigation, has appealed to anyone who managed to escape but is yet to come forward to make themselves known to the police.

PS.....If there is no chance of receiving compensation, why would an illegal break cover...there isn't anything to be gained by doing it.....just by not having their details noted is not enough benefit to be gained and they might be recognized in the future,......Also if a lone illegal had perished in the fire....the Police will probably never discover that fact and will just end up with more bodies than names available.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Why is it that these people come out and say they are scared to do this and that? Just get on with it like the rest of us. Just stirring up trouble. Why should they have the protection around the mosks, what about churches and synagods?

Just get on with your life, we can't stop these things happening to any of us, just be more vigilant..
    See May rushed down there to meet them? She needs to be gone by end of the summer. weak wet woman.. I voted for her.. but i had no choice?

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Because they are a racial and religious minority in a foreign land? Don't underestimate the level of racism in the UK.. it's depressingly high.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

In certain parts of London they're far from a minority......walk around the Paddington area whilst waiting for your train.....you soon scuttle back to the station.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Plym, i have seen that as i am in London quite often for certain events and we have a contract with a Company who our based at London Bridge so attend a monthly meeting at their offices.

Yes i see that the EDL chap was on Tv this morning i never watched it but one of our engineers said about it.. WHY?

Everyone one should be protected no more so than any colour or religon

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Worrying that an EDL representative had national TV time.....but you can see how they gain support in certain areas that are literally no go regions for white residence......but of course people congregate to housing that they can afford and feel safe within with their own type......only natural........just it doesn't solve any problems......a great lack of leadership in this country at the moment doesn't help.

Political correctness has a lot to answer for in this country these days....just stating your view can be seen as being racist.....it just stokes the fire of discontent.

7. notDistantGreen

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Terrible video to watch.....I find it hard to believe that those clear facial pictures cannot be identified by the police.....or is it because the police are so stretched with resources that they haven't got the personnel anymore because of government cuts to monitor these people....how many police will we end up with......many good police officers are getting out because of overwork and pressure.....happening in the name of austerity of course.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Surely someone knows those moorons.
    A quote from the son of the van Hire centre in wales who rented the van to the Finsbury mosk idiot..

A man has been arrested on suspicion of posting an offensive Facebook post about the London Finsbury Park attack.

Police said a 37-year-old, believed to be the son of an owner of the Rhondda Cynon Taff company whose van was used in Monday's attack, is in custody.

Richard Evans allegedly posted: "It's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."

His father, Lee Evans, said he condemned the remarks.

South Wales Police said a 37-year-old man was being held on suspicion of displaying threatening, abusive, insulting written material with intent that is likely to stir up racial hatred.

Now an explosion in Brussells..

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's comments like that which are racist even though not intended to be. Why would seeing a wedge of black or asian faces make me or anyone "scuttle back to the station"? A lot of these people who come here band together for many reasons. Type of housing, others who speak their native language, relatives already live there. It's a bit like little England in many a European country like Spain for example. There are estates in spain that the main language is english and the vast majority or only people who live on it are english.

My gripe is with the reporting and rumour being spread by those with an agenda. "People are being forced to live hundreds of miles away from London". "People being threatened with being made intentionally homeless" that's if they don't take whats on offer. "People having to live rough in parks". And of course the one I highlighted before about being left destitute and in debt. MPs jumping on the bandwagon and criticising officials for "running about like headless chickens". I've not read reports of them down there organising didly squat but lets just have a kick at those that are trying. Not read any reports of Jeremy taking in a lodger or two from the area even though he wants to nick other people's properties.

If there are any riots brought about out of this tragedy a lot will be because of **** stiring by those who have an agenda to cause unrest. It sells newspapers and is a good story for the news programmes. I want these people to butt out and let the authorities get on with what they are there to get on with rather than them waste time having to answer futile stupid questions from all and sundry. A friend of my wife always believes everything she reads on facebook and there will be plenty who believe made up garbage from this as well.

11. notDistantGreen