1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guess the score Port Vale

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by Gfunk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Gfunk

Gfunk Member

Goal scores predictions.
    Example:
    Port Vale 0 - Oxford United 1 (Beano)

2. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

This a tough one to call given our injury problems but I reckon it'll be a draw, 0-0

3. DidcotOUFC

DidcotOUFC Member

3 - 0 to Vale I should imagine. As much as I would like to believe that we are turning the corner we are still a team with a lot of injury problems. I thought Mullins did a superb job against the Gills but I think it is a very big ask to expect anything out of an away game just yet.

4. Gfunk

Gfunk Member

I'm going 1-0 to vale but hoping for a draw

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

6. Gfunk

Gfunk Member

DidcotOUFC had a bet on!

We were shocking tonight, too many long balls, hit and hope all night long!!

7. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Lets face it we were beaten by the better side but the most concerning thing for me was our inability to do the basics right and defend a simple long ball into the channels!

I thought we were really poor all over the pitch, yes I know we have a lot of injuries, but IMO that wasn't good enough.

Rant over

8. DidcotOUFC

DidcotOUFC Member

Port Vale looked a cut above us in our last game of last season and we had arguably a better team out on that day. Vale strengthed their team close season (despite financial constraints) with a couple of very good players, yet we failed to sign a much needed target man despite lack of goals last season being our downfall. Vale do look a good proposition this season but Richmond is right to be concerned with our defending. I thought we were lucky in the end to keep it down to 3 - 0.
    Last season with our 'big' players we fell short of what was required and needed to strengthen to improve but we didn't and this season without our 'big' players I feel we are now a non runner for a promotion challenge.