1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

gulls v shrews thread

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by atcham jack, May 8, 2011.

1. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

W
    S O
    Make sure you write it as A I N R T H

- and a hearty Salopian greeting is assured!

2. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

Bugger - didn't come out right. Imagine a gentle, ball shaped curve for the "S W O". Just like a Wigglesworth goal line.

3. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

that never got as bad a response as i thought it would ,fair play to you shrews fans you can take the banter:smiley-finger007:

4. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

our gaffer Paul Buckle is red hot favourite to be the new bristol rovers manager,very bad timing,this is such a big game for us,we could do without this distraction.Cant help thinking,that these next set of games be it 2 or 3 will be PBs swansong,sorry to see him go if it happens,but he has been so good,i for one dont begrudge him trying too better himself,but Bristol Rovers are a club in decline,not sure this is the right move for him,as he was hot favourite last season to get the job,and didnt,if he wasnt good enough then,whats changed? Over these next too games we will either implode or play our hearts out for him,not long to find out now

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unless they want to offer a good deal of transfer money it would probably be better to stick with your team.

6. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

News: Port Fail have just brought Adams back after a less than stellar time at Bramall lane <doh>

7. Matster

Forum Moderator

with a nice fat compensation cheque sitting in his wallet no doubt.

8. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

And so too will Fail after they let him go first time. Probably pays for his 3 year contract. Drinks all round.

9. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

Very slow on here today, considering the game's tomorrow.

I'm off to the English Riviera in the morning, staying overnight and hopefully enjoying some Devonian sunshine. All I ask from us tomorrow is that we come through the game still right in the tie for the 2nd leg in a week's time. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

10. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Us having the second leg is a bonus. If we can go into the home game with either a win or draw, then I think we should have enough in us to go through. But you never know in this league, we could quite easily lose by a ridiculous scoreline, say 0-5!

11. Matster

Forum Moderator

Tried to get a ticket for next Friday and the shop system was down :(

12. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

all you shrews going have a safe enjoyable weekend,its going to be tense and electric tomorrow night,i just hope we have a strong decent ref,not many of them been to plainmoor this year so far.And of course i want a gulls win,but if its meant to be,its meant to be,we will know a little bit more in about 22 hours folks

13. WhatShrew

WhatShrew Member

Today the lottery begins. Who knows what will happen? These games are just unpredictable. If Shrews come away with a draw or the odd goal defeat then at least we will still be in it. The problem is other teams in the League 2 playoffs see Shrews as a big club in this league, ripe for having a go at.

14. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

thankfully the shrews do not hate any clubs. god speed the shrews this evening, floreat salopia

15. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

coming up to your ramshackle decrepid old ground on friday lol second visit for me this year,looking forward to the same reception as last time from your freindly fans and staff.I said then and will again the best ever awayday for me this was.You were all generous with your hospitality,please please can your defence be the same on friday as well lol.Seriously we are expecting tin hat time,this game is far from over,a long tense night for all of us i think.And for us away fans torture tufc style

16. Rocky blue army

please log in to view this image
    is the ginger one playing <ok>

17. Rocky blue army

please log in to view this image
    i hope aj has already left devon if he is gonna pick jenny up on route to the game<laugh><laugh><laugh>

18. atcham jack

no aj is sadly staying in devon but will be listening on radio devon and hope there is a shrews goal fest to go with it. i am sure matty harrold will be kept busy serving jennys pies and selling programs beforehand. arrangements have been made for copious amounts of iffy shropshire fresh water prawns to be delivered to the visitors changing room. thoughtfully several packs of pampers will be available as well. floreat salopia

19. Matster

Forum Moderator

Lenny the lion nappies I hope.

20. atcham jack

it is understood the gulls supporters group have hired a fleet of elderly 1954 devon general coaches for the thursday overnight journey to shrewsbury. it is inderstood the veteran coaches will be kept and serviced for the return journey at ditherington garage. 2 will be used for a gulls park and ride service from the general station from 18.00 hours on friday evening. all coaches will depart at 22.15 from the new meadow for the long luxury overnight journey arriving about 12 noon on saturday. i am told the journey back may be a bit quieter than the one up. floreat salopia. now there is another opportunity for matty h, long distance coach driver!