1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

2. Wandering Yid

Not sure on reliability of the source but these names are doing the round on twitter:

- Steve Bruce
    - Alan Pardew
    - Mark Hughes
    - Ryan Giggs
    - Tony Pulis
    - Harry Redknapp
    - David Moyes

Ie virtually every prominent British manager of the last 10 years. I'd be very surprised if SAF isn't in there knowing his links to all of the above, but maybe even the Torygraph daren't touch him

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Anyone who had any doubts about Redknapp being involved in this should've had them erased on Tuesday.
    His post-match punditry for our game made it obvious.
    Hoddle looked far more relaxed about the whole thing, as did Jenas.

Redknapp did very well for us and we were great to watch under his management.
    He's part of that generation where this sort of thing was basically expected, though.
    It's a real shame, as it's what many people will remember him for.

4. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I reckon Rosie owns quite a few players rights.

RobSpur and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  5. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

And what about yesterday's revelations that the Telegraph source was a disgraced agent who now says he made it all up?

6. Wandering Yid

Didn't see those... link?

Not sure how anyone can have "made it all up" though, all of them so far have been caught on video...

7. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

If that's the best The Telegraph can print on Harry, then they might just as well not have bothered. He's been telling stories like this back to the days when he was manager at West Ham.

8. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Only good for holding fish and chips,but don't use too much vinegar!!!!

9. SpursOldboy

SpursOldboy Active Member

The article itself says
    Not that I'm saying Harry is Mr Clean, but this article doesn't prove any wrongdoing on his part. If that's the best they can dig up on Harry then they're pretty poor investigative journalists.

So, over the course of this weeks investigation, how many people have they found to have actually done something wrong? I count the assistant head-coach of Barnsley, who took a £5,000 bribe, but that one doesn't make for great headlines I guess.

The rest of it is just greedy idiots being entrapped into saying that they might be prepared to associate with the sort of scumbag agents that they really shouldn't be anywhere near. So what? Everyone knows that there's dodgy deals going on with all the money floating around in the game, just as everyone knew there were dodgy deals going on with brown envelopes in motorway service stations 30 years ago.

If the FA and other governing bodies really wanted to do something then they'd be going after the agents who are the root cause of most of these problems, and putting much tighter rules on their role in the game. They ban third-party ownership but they're quite ok with people getting paid 10% of £100m transfer fees for doing practically nothing. Agents should be dealing with player's contracts, image rights, advertsing deals, etc. They should not be getting paid for transfers.

10. Wandering Yid

No criminality, but the article states that the FA expect any knowledge of wrongdoing to be formally reported to them, so while he hasn't personally committed a crime (nor have many in sting operations) they could punish him internally for bringing the game into disrepute by removing licenses, revoking memberships etc. In this case the players themselves have allegedly performed a criminal act and should be prosecuted for it.

11. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Richard Keys, yes, him again, has forgotten last week's baseless allegation that Mauricio Pochettino is unhappy at Tottenham, particularly with our summer signings. Apparently, he is no longer waiting for developments in that 'story'; the new line is:

“The air of invincibility around Pep Guardiola and his City team was blown away by Tottenham’s tornado, what a game. I enjoyed it more than anything else I’ve seen this season. Spurs were terrific and had Eric Lamela scored with that penalty 3-0 wouldn’t have flattered them."

It's like watching a dog playing with a toy, after a couple of minutes they get bored by it and move on elsewhere. His 'journalism' is the written equivalent of white noise.

12. Well at least he probably won't be talking out of his arse for a while. His missus cut off his bollocks and shoved them where the sun don't shine!! <laugh>

13. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I read she's taken him back.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"We talk about Pep, Jose and Klopp but Pochettino for me is an absolutely brilliant coach, there is no doubt. The job he has done at two clubs in the Premier League has been wonderful and he deserves, not being disrespectful to Tottenham, the biggest jobs in the world. He's giving the best dress rehearsals you could possibly wish for." - Gary Neville

3 days previously -

"In two years we build a different philosophy, a different project. To build a new stadium is to set the principles to be a big, big club. Our ambition is to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. You need time, a process." -
    Mauricio Pochettino

One expects to be handed the keys to the kingdom, the other expects to have to earn them.

15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

It's funny, because Neville's commentary during the game seemed almost desperate for City to get something.
    I don't know if it was my imagination or he'd had a bet on them. Maybe he just wanted to make it interesting?
    It wasn't what I was expecting from a Man Utd man, though. Thought he'd be loving it.

16. "Thanks for that Brian"

I thought of the Klopp love-in last season. The media are desperate for Pep to be magic, to wave a wand and perform great illusions. Why? I'm not sure. He's pretty poor press as far as I can tell. Maybe, it's to stage 'Mourinho v Guardiola II - This Time It's Northern'?

SpursDisciple likes this.
  17. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Oh, I don't know, I thought that this was pretty good:

SpursDisciple likes this.
  18. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

No translation of the last comment?

19. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

No, I thought that a bit too during the 2nd half commentary.

20. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that Pochettino is close to the point of no return.

If the "biggest jobs in the world" were offered, no doubt he would take them.
    But he seems to sense that after last season + new WHL imminent, he could really build
    something very special at Spurs in his own image.