1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I take the other view. Everything in his past speaks of him being extremely loyal and committed to things and people - his love for Bielsa, Espanyol, Cortese all suggest that he commits wholeheartedly. Also, he is said to be a control freak, wanting to run every aspect of 'his' club. Most really big clubs aren't going to give him that possibility. They have people that have to be dealt with. Spurs are close to unique, in that Levy really wants someone to trust and work with. After going to bed with a number of frogs, finally, he has found a prince. He really likes and trusts Mauricio Pochettino. MP is an intelligent man outside of football. He talks finance with Levy and understands Spurs commitments to the stadium and what they mean for expenditure on transfers and wages. His response is to see that he must work harder and smarter to be a winner.

I think that we are 'his club' now. I am not sure that a desperate Madrid or United waving a few extra millions at him for 3 years and then a pay-off following his inevitable sacking would be that attractive. I see him fulfilling his current contract and then another if we have made the breakthrough to challenging for the title every season. I heard Darren Eales (formerly Spurs) talking about running the new MLS francise in Atlanta. He said the challenge of running something new was too good to pass up. In many ways we are that challenge - new stadium, new training ground, new financial model, new hope. In the next few years he can mould the club to his vision. The man's character suggests that he won't walk away from that for a few extra quid. However, we must not fail to work with him and for him - really, now, Levy must work for MP. MP is the talent and what's on the pitch drives the majority of everything else, particularly, the financial stuff. If we are successful the sponsorships will come flooding in and will be huge compared with previously. We need to have him on fabulous bonuses. A great season this season means the stadium sponsorship will be massive but the sponsors will want to see MP tied in as the banks wanted Wenger tied in when they built their new stadium. We need him. He understands that and I just don't see the offer of a few quid taking him away if we let him show us the way ahead and give him financial rewards according to the success he achieves.That's very Mauricio Pochettino and very Daniel Levy.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    crackerman jack likes this.
  3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Sure.

I still think if one of La Liga big two came in now he would be sorely tempted, but I have
    no fears he would go to another PL club unless something toxic happened with Levy.

4. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Why? He's already managed in Barca (Espaniol- spelling) so he would be letting his old fans down by going to Barca and going to the Really Maddogs he would be letting down the whole Catalan Nation.

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

Congratulations to James Robson a hack from The Manchester Evening News. They really have outdone themselves with this baby:

Manchester United and Man City could face fight for Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino could find himself at the centre of a battle between the blue and red halves of Manchester when the time comes to leave Tottenham. Both Manchester United and Manchester City are just beginning their respective journeys with Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola - but neither club could have failed to notice the revolution underway at White Hart Lane.

Guardiola had been fulsome in his praise of Pochettino beforehand, claiming the fan in him would want to watch the former Espanyol and Southampton manager’s teams.

While City remain hopeful Guardiola will extend his three-year contract at the Etihad, they will not know his thinking until the final months of his current deal.
    Having bought into his philosophy fully, it is fair assume his advice would be sought when the time comes to appoint a successor.

At this point, no one in the Premier League looks more suitable than Pochettino.
    His reputation has only grown after Sunday’s summit meeting with City - establishing Spurs as genuine title contenders.

His profile may still sit some way below the two heavyweights currently locking horns in Manchester - but Pochettino’s star is on the rise.

To the point that a future Battle of Manchester may well be over him.

WHAT A DREADFUL LOAD OF MADE UP, OLD BOLLOCKS.

6. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

It is also staggeringly arrogant. Why would he go from us to Utd when he leaves us (around 2026 or so). There are much better places in the world to manage than Manchester.

7. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

There are much better places to go than Manchester as well, to borrow the lyrics of the Stranglers, 'like down in the streets, or down in the sewer, or even on the end of a skewer'.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I would have thought Roberto Di Matteo was more suitable for the Manchesters, after all he has won the Champions League AND managed Chelsea and don't forget Alladyce is available if they play their cards right and ditch their current chancers.

I know little happens in Manchester but they must be really desperate for news to make up such an unlikely situation in the early days of their current Managers. They have the two most expensive managers in the world already and he is speculating about their replacements.

All to avoid facing the truth that they were beaten by a better team, a truth their own City manager has fully embraced.

Breaking news; the world left Manchester behind in the 1950's. Time to wake up; you do have the British Bullshitting Corporation to help spread the message, trouble is you don't have one. <laugh>

9. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

So was that it Daily Telegraph? Where is the evidence on the current/ex premier league managers then? Couldn't be that it doesn't exist does it? There may well be that sort of corruption but they have not presented any evidence of such. They only have stuff on what they themselves set up. Trouble is in a few months/years the conversation will still be about the 10 corrupt mangers but everyone will forget that the number comes from the Telegraph allegation that they failed to follow up with evidence, indeed perhaps even from the dodgy ex-agent who may even have made the whole thing up. Certainly belongs in the "hack" section.

10. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I have a strong suspicion that the revelation was taken very, very seriously by the FA, and that various expensive gagging orders and subpoenas were quickly rattled up by their lawyers.

If a list that long of corrupt top flight managers truly existed, it would leave the FA' s already broken reputation in absolute tatters. I'd imagine that they would pay any price to keep it quiet.

11. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I'm off to Manchester in the morning. I'll pass on your regards to the good people there Spurf .

12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Better do that first, as there won't be time after you tell the male population
    of the city to shave + put on a shirt and tie. :)

O.Spurcat likes this.
  13. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Kudos to Bas Dost for sticking up for his international teammate in the face of so much Narrative from our friends in the media

All that crap about Vincent, give that boy some time...He’s a good scorer and is a great player for the Dutch national team. But I also know that if you do not score, you are under pressure, that’s part of this job

The real eye-opener is that Dost knows what the English press are saying about Janssen, despite playing in Portugal.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

I read something a few days ago where the Dutch were very worried about Janssen being ruined in England by the press and pundits. They do have a point. He's scarcely had any time in the side and there's a queue waiting to stick it to him for being a failure. I hope he's as strong as he seems. If so, he'll come good as he has lots of good traits.

15. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

The queue is composed largely of the same people who lauded Liverpool's signing of Andy Carroll as 'inspired'.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  16. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Thank you OS <ok>

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rochdale v Southend or are you being exiled?

18. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Wigan v Warrington PNP. Rugby League Grand Final. Old Trafford. <ok>.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  19. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You're just going to see the coaches wearing suits, aren't you?

The RDBD likes this.
  20. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Klopp's going to Vigan v Varrington but he wan't to know vere Eddie Varing used to sit. Vunder Vaa!

O.Spurcat likes this.