1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

30 years would be going back to 1988.

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

I wonder if his memory lapse includes the Pedro mendes goal 2 feet over the line.?

PleaseNotPoll and SpursDisciple like this.
  3. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Still not comfortable at 2-0 tbh. Sometimes 3-0. That might be more to do with length of Spurs support than actual facts nowadays though

SpursDisciple likes this.
  4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd be able to take his opinion more seriously if he didn't play for a side that robbed us so often.
    Man Utd knew that they could always rely on Fergie's phonebook to help them out.
    It's easy to be confident when you know that you can't lose.

If he wants to talk about bottling, then maybe he should look at his time in an England shirt?

Rocky blue army likes this.
  5. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I'm sure Fergie had Clatternberg and Webb on speed dial.

6. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

They've apologised and made a poor excuse, claiming that it was originally a different story about Zaha's teammate.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

9. "Thanks for that Brian"

11. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

A good omen, about as rare as Spurs winning the league.

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...s-frustration-grows-tottenham-stadium-delays/

A complete load of old news and total speculation concocted to fill column inches to no purpose. I wonder what the frustrated clubs would have Tottenham do to relieve their pain?

Perhaps we could wave a magic wand and have the stadium finished tomorrow? Maybe we could buy Wembley and kick the national team out or get a London Mayor to give us a stadium free of charge?

No? I didn't think so. If we don't move in January, does it matter if we do so in February or May? How will it help the objections to the NFL pitch markings by making us stay at Wembley?

Such a load of bollocks. I'm sure there's a point to it although it's beyond me as to what it might be? Couldn't they weigh into Citeh for cheating FFP?.......Obviously not.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  13. There are still column inches to fill and the general public, as we are reminded on a daily basis politically on both sides of the Atlantic, demonstrate gold-fish like memories and a general ignorance that allows the majority of our beloved media to both set and then maintain and regenerate their own agendas (include the agendas of their owners/masters).
    Add to that an obvious decline in the quality of journalism - probably dumbed down to match the audience - and you get repeat **** like this.

The Club also has a responsibility to get its act together as best it can. Not everything is within their remit or control, but I think we all agree that has not necessarily been the case across the board during the project. The long periods of silence and delays in responding to what proved to be accurate external reports on delays have certainly assisted the nay-sayers and the ‘issue-seeking’ media.

We’ll be there soon, the stadium will be fantastic and the negative media focus will move on..... but not into the Citeh Emirate! They’ve bought their good PR and protection in for the foreseeable future. <laugh>

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

The club's PR failures are an invitation to the gutter press to print what they want. Chelsea's failure to be able to raise finance to put a spade in the ground, their owner being a crook and not wanted in this country, Citeh's ridiculous cheating, etc. all receive scant attention and are forgotten immediately. Abramovic is trying to flog Chelsea in America. The fact that they never make a penny in profit and are continuously propped up by massive loans, don't own their own stadium, have a credit limit of £500, are wrecking the careers of a generation of young players is allowed to skate by with not a bleat.

Spurs are doing something extraordinary without crooked money, so the press go for them, no holds barred. It's so transparently skewed to play to an agenda and as with most things, I'm sure that money, lots of dirty money is at the root of it. Abramovic and the Citeh boys know the value of chucking money around to shut people up and greasing a few palms. Chuck a few quid around and the doors are open and you can do whatever you want. Qatar are hosting the World Cup at Christmas, FFS!

It didn't cost West Ham too much in Tory donations to get their stadium for the change that they found down the back of the sofa. The place is falling apart, fans going on the pitch for a kick around during matches, the owners have admitted that they're making no more money than at their former gaff and they're run by The Dildo Bros. who have total contempt for their fans. The media respond by going after Spurs for borrowing money (from proper banks, not the local Council Taxpayers) to build a stadium? Okay, but we can improve things.

We continue to attempt to ignore the media and it continues to cost us in terms of severely negative publicity. ENIC are unnecessarily secretive. I'm sure that they want to have lots of "Wow" headlines when we finally open our doors with nice surprises for the fans. However, this 'drift' has gone on long enough for me. The best defence is a good offence....the players are due to be at the stadium this week, let's make something of it and not watch this opportunity for some wonderful PR be wasted....

15. No words, just <applause>

16. "Thanks for that Brian"

So, a couple of days after publishing this ridiculously vacuous load of bollocks...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...s-frustration-grows-tottenham-stadium-delays/

...The Telegraph follows it up with this inane nonsense...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-given-sneak-preview-spectacular-new-stadium/

It's vaguely positive but doesn't seem to know why, or is too lazy to go into it. FFS, write something interesting for once. The stadium's got so much to it, try actually researching and reporting something. It used to be all the rage and could just catch on again?

17. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Matthew Upson waffled some complete bollocks on Football Focus about how Dele Alli's form this season has drastically dropped compared to the past couple of seasons...which simply exposed he Googled how many goals he's scored this season and didn't bother to look up how Alli's missed the majority of our games this season due to injury

18. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Do you expect any sense out of the twat

19. humanbeingincroydon

Arsenal - 35 games
    West Scam - 131 games
    Stoke - 15 games

No. No I don't.

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  20. humanbeingincroydon