1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Half A Village Green

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Natchrawldry, Jun 16, 2011.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

alledgedly the the woman who put up her tent for the day took it back the day after to get a refund, and was told sorry it has dog pooh on the ground sheet and has since cleaned it, it sold on e bay for £1.00p plus £10 pp and the money was added to the fighting fund to make dog owners clean up their pooooches mess........

50/50 split.... do a fair bit on 21 acres, even more on 25! lets hope the guppy guy see's sense and keeps his money in his pocket....

scenario will be, wait 85 days making noises then do nothing, its called spite and will cause delays to the eventual, inevitable building process

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Don't step in the doggy-doo on your way to the game everybody.

3. Mag

Mag Member

Not being up on matters of planning, but reading what you've all been saying it seems that City will get their new ground on the proposed site AND those that claimed Village Green status get their bit of wasteland to leave supermarket trollies on......sorry if I'm being thick but does that about sum it up?

4. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

Apparently so, although the local idiots will have a chance to appeal.

Honestly, after all the fuss these people have caused for this club I hope that the stadium builders make as much noise as they possibly can...

5. Mag

Mag Member

So basically you'd say that both parties in this have got what they wanted.

As I think others have already suggested, we'll now find out just how much of a smoke screen the Village Green claim was. If genuine of course and not just an objection to the new Stadium then the matter will now be put aside, they'll get their Green, we'll get our new Ground........and everyone's happy! Hmmm

6. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

they were already offered what they have now at the mediation talks and turned it down, its not and never has been about a village green.

I think that is why the council have made the decision they did, they saw through them and had the legal means to do it!