1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

has anybody got faith in waddock to keep us up

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Rocky blue army, Feb 2, 2012.

?

should waddock go

Poll closed Feb 16, 2012.
  1. waddock to stay

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. waddock to get the sack

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. waddock to resign

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

waddock was a breath of fresh air when he first came to adams park but some of his buys and tactical failures this season let alone his substitutions beggar belief ,is it time for him to go before its too late

2. Bilversack

Bilversack Member

I've voted that he should stay Rocky, but I don't think he's any good. I just think that if he goes we'll go down, have no money and no manager as oppose to just go down with no money. :)

3. Rocky blue army

i understand where you are coming from jock,i dont think its a good thing keep changing managers ,we need continuity and time for a side to be built but waddock has lost the dressing room and the fans are starting to question him and that usually means the manager has to go.heavy defeats have been too regular and some of his signings have been a joke.after the huddersfield slaughter he said there would be changes as the performance wasnt acceptable and yet he picks nearly the same team for the next match.it looks like he has lost the plot to me and i had very high hopes of him turning our club around,i think he should resign and give us a chance to get someone in who can freshen up the squad and hopefully keep us up.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm afraid I can't decide without knowing who would take his place (ie I'm not a fan of leaping out of the frying pan and into the fire).

He won't resign as it will cost him and he probably has nowhere to go (we are a blot on his cv at the moment).
    He won't get the sack as it will cost Hayes, having extended his contract. As I said at the time of the extension, I think Hayes tied him up so that he would have to be bought out but, if that was the case, that may have back-fired.

5. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I'm willing to try the fire as I am sick of the frying pan.
    Our team now compared to that of 3-4yrs ago is piss poor.
    Too many poor buys and loans and bar a couple of players,a totally gutless and lightweight squad

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When you put it like that Blue, maybe the fire doesn't look too bad. <laugh>

7. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

i dont think he will be sacked, as i think if he was going to be hayes would have pulled the trigger before january, giving a new manager the transfer window. i suspect, if its through mutual consent, sacking or whatever, gw will be gone

however, i still believe waddock could keep us up as i dont believe we are the worst team in the league. i think if we can get leon and liang together in defence for a bit it would tighter us up, plus as we have kept beaver.

8. 123..

123.. Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  9. devonblue

devonblue Member

I think Waddock has made a few dodgy signings this season no doubt but its not all his fault.

We are once again in a League where prob half the teams in it are a)bigger than us, b) have been here longer and are more established and c) have more money than us. Sheff Utd, Charlton, Sheff Weds etc have all been in the PL. Preston, S****horpe, Walsall, Oldham have all been established Championship sides. Add to that MK Dons, Colu and Huddersfield who all do well in this League, the rest of us are left to fight it out.

Also important to note, we have a very unsupportive owner who is simply not interested....

Yes, Waddock has made some shocking decisions, but I get really pissed off with this attitude of 'sack the manager'. Getting rid of Waddock will basically guarantee we go down. Then what? some managerial veteran (at best!) comes in on a deal til the end of the season, we get relegated, they go and suddenly we've had 3 managers in a year.
    How is that any good?
    Once again, I think there are a few WWFC fans that have been spoilt by our successes. I personally think that Waddock should stay and be given the time and resources to have another go next year. However im also a realist! The liklehood is that we'll go down and he'll go at the end of the season. So, in a nutshell, I want him to stay but i think he'll go.

10. gravey5174

gravey5174 Member

Getting rid of waddock will no way guarantee that we go down. We are only 2 points off getting out of the relegation zone and how many times has it been where a manager comes in and a serious up-turn in results comes along? Admittedly it doesn't always work out that way but players know that they have to prove themselves more.

As for the other teams yeah there are a number who are far bigger than us or more bluntly put have deeper pockets. but that doesn't mean you can't be organised and competitive and frankly on too many occasions we haven't been that and that hasn't happened overnight its been a recurring problem throughout the season and thats why in conjunction with awful tactical decisions and poor signings it is time for waddock to go.

For a long time i've not wanted waddock to be sacked because a) continuity in a football club is the only way that success can be bred and b) there is no one in there right mind who would be brave or stupid enough to come into a club where the support from the owner is bugger all. If it did happen i would plump for brownie as manager it may sound daft and he has no managerial experience but it would be entertaining.

11. Bizza

Bizza Member

For me it's down to the manager to motivate the team to perform on the pitch.

Some of the performances this season have been poor and have shown little sprit.

If the manager cant get the team up for a game then what is the purpose of keeping him ?

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we need to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room before and after the game and at half time to get a feel as to whether it's Waddock not up to motivating the team or a team that can't be motivated by anyone. If it's the latter, then whoever comes in has an impossible task unless they can identify and resolve the underlying problem. The players are under contract and know their jobs are safe for now.

This is what I would do.
    I would get each of them to produce personal morale charts showing their high points and low points, with reasons/causes.
    I would then have every member in the squad in my office, one at a time, and ask them all to express their views on playing for WWFC. I would draw out all their concerns and discuss their morale charts. From these I would be able to assess what underlying problems exist and if there were any players who need extra whatever and any whose removal from the squad would benefit the team as a whole.

I would then pick my squad from those prepared to give all, have motivational get togethers and then get them pumped up before going out onto the pitch. Also encourage from the touch line.

If following the assessments I came to the conclusion that there was an underlying problem that cannot be solved as above, I would go to the chairman and explain why I can no longer manage this team unless the underlying problem(s) could be solved. That could end in the sack but at least I would feel I had done everything within my power. In the event of the sack, a frank and honest press statement would follow. It might be that "I" am the problem.

13. devonblue

devonblue Member

Steve Brown?? Are you serious? Replace the more experienced manager with a guy who has never managed anyone with the transfer window closed and no transfer budget anyway. Maybe getting rid of Waddock wouldnt guarentee we go down but doing what you're suggesting surely would. If thats your idea of entertainment, I can only think you've been watching Wycombe (and football for that matter) for all of 5 minutes.

14. 123..

123.. Member

15. Rocky blue army

we might as well go with a brownie rhino combination or take a chance with kieth scott we cant do any worse than waddock and all are ex players who love the club and had pride in wearing the shirt and that would surely rub off on the players

16. Rocky blue army

And why is Leon Johnson seen as some sort of ayatolla.....probably because he has been one of our better defenders over the last few seasons thats why js

17. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

leon johnson has been our best defender for quite some time now, he;s no massiah but hes better than what we have atm. from the taylor team, i would take betsy, phillips, maybe woodman as coer

18. 123..

123.. Member

19. 123..

123.. Member

20. Rocky blue army

js i disagree about rhino and brownie they both ran qpr reserves and have a wealth of football knowledge and experience even the great martin oneill had to start somewhere and look how he turned out,just because someone doesnt have experience doesnt mean that they arent any good