1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

has anybody got faith in waddock to keep us up

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Rocky blue army, Feb 2, 2012.

?

should waddock go

Poll closed Feb 16, 2012.
  1. waddock to stay

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. waddock to get the sack

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. waddock to resign

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gravey5174

gravey5174 Member

Finchy perfect it sums it up nicely. Although you forgot the point of coming out in the press after matches such as rochdale and putting the whole responsibility of defeat at the feet of the players despite the fact he picks the side and devises a game plan.

Other than that spot on

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At present it's 6 to stay and 5 to go with one known abstention (ie me)

3. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

those splinters in your arse will go septic Ron!!!

4. devonblue

devonblue Member

Most productive post ive seen all week!!

There has been much talk on here about dodgy Waddock signings. I agree, Halls, Tunnicliffe, Harding etc have all turned out to be awful but Nikki Bull, Scott Rendell, Gareth Ainsworth, Trotta, Beavon and Mcnamee havent been bad have they?

I dont doubt for one second that Waddock has made mistakes but he's a young, inexperienced manager at this level and has possibly the most unsupportive owner in the League.

To get us promoted in his first full season was a wonderful achievement and I really cannot believe that people are on his back merely 9 months after we got promoted and, when, in the eyes of many on here, he could do no wrong.

Of course a season littered with disappointing defeats is going to disappoint many fans paying to go every week, but what do we expect? We are a small, League 1 club with no money, a dodgy owner and declining attendances due to a crap economic state and inflated ticket prices/ridiculous ticketing system.

Fickle fans influenced by a fickle media that want instant success contribute to the downfall of so many teams and football in general. I, for one, am not going to jump on this crazy bandwaggon. We are currently out of the relegation zone and scrapping with other bigger teams to stay up. Lets give Gary and the boys all of our support and see what happens.

5. LCWanderer

LCWanderer New Member

devonblue. You can't give Waddock credit for signing Beavon, we've got Peter Taylor to thank for that.

6. gravey5174

gravey5174 Member

A young inexperienced manager earlier you were saying he was experienced devon. I wouldn't call him inexperienced either a season at qpr, 2 and a half seasons at aldershot and nigh on the same at wycombe thats at least 6 seasons which in fairness is not a massive amount but its certainly enough to warrant that he should know when something is wrong.

And thats not the point. The point is despite winning promotion in what was a poor league 2 and remember many a game was either won or drawn through the heroics of bull the defensive issues still exist and he has failed to rectify them and yes i know we can't pull in many players due to the restricted wage budget but that doesn't stop training sessions working on organisation and positional play for both defensive and offensive set pieces. There are at least 12 other teams in this division which i would say have to operate on similar budgets and restrictions and it doesn't stop them from being organised and competitive.

And disappointing defeats? Yes we will get them but rochdale, tranmere, oldham, huddersfield and brentford(1st half) showed a complete lack of fight and effort that no one should expect it is the least that we should expect. No fan regardless of how fickle they may be should expect anything less than that.

7. Steve-WWFC

Steve-WWFC Member

1. Forget how poor the players and waddock has been all season.
    2. We are still in touch and have a chance of staying up still.
    3. when we move out relegation places we have to build on it.
    4. if he goes now, know one would take over a club.

8. devonblue

devonblue Member

Fair point - Anything in the rest of the piece to add your opinion to?

9. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

thank you gravy ,thats my point exactly i dont mind us losing to any team but to not even put up a fight is just not on,when you look at our defence at set pieces you would think they had never trained together or played together before and that organisation or rather lack of is down to waddock.if we keep waddock we will be having these same old discussions this time next year,the time for change is now

10. Finchyblue

Finchyblue Member

devonblue, my opinion is certainly not based on the tripe that comes out in the media! The only sizeable coverage we get is in the BFP, which is hardly groundbreaking journalism. I was reserved last season about our squad, as it contained a lot of poor players. The poor standard of league 2 is one of the reasons we went up last year.

As for the signings, as mentioned before, Beavon was a Taylor signing. With Rendell, one good season when we paid over £100k does not suggest a good signing. This is something Waddock has to take the blame for, being either spending too much on one player who cannot consistently train and perform (i.e he is a bad signing) or mis-managing him by not playing him this season (i.e he was a good signing but the manager has inexplicably not played him and let him go). With McNamee, its far to early to tell if this is a good signing, in his loan spell he had some impressive play (goal at Carlisle and setting up the 1st goal v Exeter) but equally has long spells of disappearing from games.

Waddock hardly has a great strike rate of good vs average/poor signings.

And Steve:

1. Forget how poor the players and waddock has been all season - Why? They (collectively) have underperformed far too many times, why should we just forget? Did people just forget when we started losing under Taylor? And don't try to suggest that on the whole the football has been any better this season.

2. We are still in touch and have a chance of staying up still- Agreed. Not disputing this it is the manner of many of the defeats this season that is problem.

3. when we move out relegation places we have to build on it - Agreed but that is something the players need to remember. Last time we did this, we lost 4 on the bounce.

4. if he goes now, know one would take over a club - Have to disagree, when people take over clubs in a lot of cases they ultimately want to bring in their own manager, although the present manager is a consideration, unless they are that strong a manager then I doubt this will be major factor.

11. Bilversack

Bilversack Member

Finchy - MacNamee played nearly 30 games for Norwich when they got promoted from Championship to the PL. In my opinion that's a good signing. I think too much is expected too soon of loan players, they need a few games to come good. I'm glad MacNamee's signed on a permanent - it shows that he's likely to stick around if (when) we get relegated and I am certain league 2 he'll tear them to shreds.

We are now out of the relegation zone, and yes yes yes I know that's because other teams have games in hand... but I'd have taken that at the start of the season. No matter whether we're playing drivel or not.

12. Rocky blue army

the cold hard facts jock is this is one of the worst blues teams i have ever seen play and definately the worst for caving in when under pressure.gw must carry the can for that.i am still behind the blues 100 per cent but i admit that i have lost faith in the manager to turn things around.

13. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

We are such a yo-yo team at the moment that it's difficult to predict how we'll perform from match.
    Sometimes i watch us and despair

14. Rocky blue army

15. rockinchairboy

Looks like performances need to improve dramatically or something has to give. Looks like even I'm getting a splinter in my butt! I would prefer a walk than a sacking and I'm not sure that is going to happen. I really hope things turn around. Anyone join me in a prayer meeting!

16. Rocky blue army

17. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

moved to hertfordshire? still doesnt explain why 3CR didnt mention us once in the half-hour coverage i listened to the other day, refering to MK as the only team in bucks and talking about stevenage, luton, watford and MK in great detail without even a brief mention of us. and they wonder why few wycombe fans listen!

18. aylesburyblue

aylesburyblue Member

Agreed 3CR is a MK propaganda tool run from the fuhrer bunker at stadium Franchise.

19. Rocky blue army

i like it <applause><laugh>

20. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

completly true, 3CR is a joke