1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hello lads, hows things?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Wein14, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Wein14

Wein14 Active Member

Hi lads/lasses,

As my title says, how are things? I've been following from afar since you were such great host's when we played to at your place last year (Toon fan BTW) and it's been sorry viewing.

I've not heard a great deal for a while, and was wandering if that is good or bad news... Are the Administrators taking hold, or have you managed to get the money so desperately needed?

Hope all is well and resolved soon! <ok>

2. greenjock

greenjock Member

Not good at the moment. There look to be 2 prospective bidders for us and neither of them are too keen on stumping up the cash up front we need to get to the end of the season. Club staff and players have had to sign a contract deferring their wages for at least another 2 months, and some havent been paid since December.

Bad result on Saturday and the other clubs around us all won.

Both prospective bidders are property developers so looks like they are in it for the land, but our ground's ownership is a bit complicated and looks like were have 4 mortgages secured against it, and its now worth a lot less than its mortgaged for! Lots of people with loans to us who aren't really keen on walking away and taking the loss on the chin.

Oh and we're selling our most talented prospect for a massive £175k to Fulham lol.

So not much good news to report except the way Peter Reid has been for us. Hasn't been paid for months, had to sell all our best players, paid a club heating bill out of his own pocket before Xmas and has now donated his FA Cup runners up medal to an auction the club are having to try to raise some funds. Top Top guy.

Had loads of good luck messages from the Toon which is really appreciated. Hopefully we'll have some good news later this week, but at the moment its quite a relief when we dont hear anything!