1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by remembergou, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Welcome back !
    I think we're in for a season or 2 of rebuilding, but I have confidence in the man we've employed. I think a top half finish this year will be more than acceptable to most. Anything above that will be a bonus.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Not enough mate.
    Booked my next trip as soon as I got back - over there again on 29th August for 10 days and again in October for another 12.
    Call it ‘retirement training’……..!!!!

3. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

welcome back … been a bit tied up myself. GD's leaving school, belated wakes, nieces coming of age parties …. relapse on my hip "unrepared side!" Tour de France OLYMPICS.... etc etc also cataloging birds insects and Butterflies and helping out with some hydro geology study of past water courses ….. with respect to building new estates and robbing the aquifers ….
    Team doesn't seem strong enough! THERE IS TALENT, but believe there is an imbalance [ not followed the friendlies, but just watched Niges interview after AV game ] Nige doesn't seem to come over with much confidence, I thought a couple of his comments stopped short at "giving out some stick" … maybe that's done behind closed doors? He didn't didn't seem at all forceful/confident in his prediction of the future, near future that is! Rather blasey about our first game!
    Sad to see Fammy go! NEW SEASON, new manager may have proved a different player, he was very happy at City .. hopefully wont come back to bite us!

4. Angelicnumber16

Sad to see Fammy go! NEW SEASON, new manager may have proved a different player, he was very happy at City .. hopefully wont come back to bite us!

I'm not sure he was that happy at the club last season, and his general demeanour and attitude said his head had probably been filled with thoughts of a lucrative transfer to a bigger club and better earning prospects, probably all being driven by his agent. But others are not exactly queuing up to sign him.
    Personally I'm not sorry he's no longer with us. He had some of the worst first touches of any City player.

5. bcfcredandwhite

He’s gone to play in Turkey

6. Angelicnumber16

Indeed, probably on half the wages he was on here.
    According to Wikipedia he's playing for Alanyaspor in the Turkish super league and they finished 7th last season. Their ground holds 10,800

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yep, crap first touch, couldn't hold the ball up for toffee, went down far too easy, positional play in the box was shocking.

Come back to bite us in the arse? a bit difficult in Turkey.

But hey RR doesn't watch games, as far as i'm aware.

8. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

whisper was his agent said to hold out and they would get a better deal or transfer to a bigger club... he was as pointed out at the time ready to sign ….. happy people always do better! The club gave him a chance? to sign on for 3 years … he [ his agent ] missed the boat good luck over there. Wonder if he is keeping his kids in school over here?

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Exactly **** team in a **** league, a real step up indeed.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The first part of the whisper is true. The rest isn't, he was offered maximum of 2 years on the same money and then Pearson came in and that offer was withdrawn for 2 reasons, his failure to sign and Pearson did not rate him and eventually managed to prove to SL how poor he actually was.

11. bcfcredandwhite

I thought Warnock was interested in him at one point?

12. bcfcredandwhite

Fammy frustrated the hell out of me, but he was still our top scorer - even though trapping the ball wasn't among his skills, he still managed to score more than anyone else at the club - with virtually no service either.
    Not saying we should have kept him, but he wasn't totally useless - I think that's a bit harsh. Unconventional yes, not a striker yes, useless no - IMHO

AshtonRed likes this.
  13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Soon lost interest, wages demands far too high.

14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yes the top scorer in a team where Harry Kane/Jimmy Greaves and John Atyeo in their prime would have struggled to have scored, IMHO he and probably Wells are the living embodiment of 'you don't get a lot of striker for yer 5mil'.

Also IMHO my comments still stand on what I witnessed ,crap first touch, couldn't hold the ball up for toffee, went down far too easy, positional play in the box was shocking.

Notwithstanding of course it's all about opinions.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.