1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hillsborough; 34yrs on...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

I have not, and will not be watching, Anne.

A friend of mine, who was trapped in the tunnel leading to the pens in the Leppings Lane End on the day, started to watch it but broke down after about half an hour as it brought back to many bad memories. He has said he will not watch the rest.

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

i made about somewhere between 20 and 30 mins and had to stop .
    I want to watch it but it isn't good for me so just can't .

Prince Knut likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm watching the last one tonight, it's great that people are still willing to tell the stories and keep it in the minds of the next generation.

johnsonsbaby and Prince Knut like this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I get why people don't want to watch though it's done well and very upsetting.

Prince Knut, Zanjinho and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Just finished it I'm glad to say they finished it well and pointed to the more recent failures and the lack of justice for the families.

6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Just watched the first episode; I've read thousands of pages on Hillsborough over the years so there isn't much I'm not aware of, I've experienced lots of different emotions since 1989 too.. but **** me that's hard to watch!

Not afraid to say, I couldn't help but shed a few tears. Can't begin to imagine how those involved or lost loved ones feel.

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

It opened up all the old wounds. Maxine Peake was exceptional as Anne Williams. Sh'e s Red too, so it must have been hard for her to take then part on. I cried my eyes out last night. It's a disgrace that after such a long, hard fight, still no one's carrying the can for the innocent people who died on that terrible day. RIP the 97

9. Prince Knut

10. Prince Knut

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Just finished watching it all, truly heart breaking. How justice still hasn't been served is beyond me.

Not that it would make much difference to Duckenfield or the others now, they've already lived their ****ing life now... ****s!!!

johnsonsbaby and organic red like this.
  12. Prince Knut

The ****ing alchy was in the police bar all the way through. The judge in the last case. who unashamedly put him under his wing and protected him because he had 'PTSD', wouldn't allow evidence already admitted in the second inquest, so they couldn't get him to admit he'd told the press the fans had broken down the gates, and nor could they get him to admit his whereabouts in the run-up to the disaster: to both questions he repeatedly lied that he couldn't remember because of the stress on the day.

The first recorded case of Pre Traumatic Stress Disorder. Don't matter now though - he's spent nearly 30 years drinking himself to death on a full pension that he took in early retirement. Oh, and he and several other officers sued - and were granted - compensation from SYP for not showing them a duty of care on the day. The Masonic Mutual Association - the UK's gold standard insurance club.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  13. Prince Knut

Gone. But listen, although she's a Corbynite, I'd love Maxine Peake to stand as an MP for Merseyside's only Tory seat, Southport. And the bit where Burnham went back to the cabinet and asked for the records to be released, was backed by Brown, but was opposed by some who said it would 'Set a precedent". Want to bet one of them was that duplicitous slimeburger Jack Straw? **** :mad:

14. Prince Knut

15. Prince Knut

Everywhere I look in the press and on TV atm, there are right-wing talking heads aghast at how the jury system has failed and must be changed because four people were found not guilty of toppling a statue. Not one of these ****ers even slightly peeped when, after an inquest had found that 96 innocent football fans had been unlawfully killed, that the only person to stand trial for the crime was found not guilty, despite admitting in another court that he lied persistently and that the disaster was his fault.

So there you have it - more outrage over the statue of a ****ing 18th-century slaver than the lives of 96 people, and to challenge that mindset is 'Woke'. Then call me ****ing woke. Absolutely, totally, dripping wet woke.

Solid_Air 2, luvgonzo and Zanjinho like this.
  16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Utter ****s, Donga <grr>

Zanjinho and Prince Knut like this.
  17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

18. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

19. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

A patchwork quilt, made to honour the memory of all those who died at Hillsborough, has had the name of the 97th victim, Andrew Devine, added to it.

please log in to view this image

20. moreinjuredthanowen