1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hmmmm, Curioser and Curioser

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by DevAdvocate, Mar 6, 2012.

1. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

2. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

Ha. It's tempting, of course, to sit back and revel in the discomfort of those incredible people who didn't instantly recognise the heaping quantities of bullshit falling out of Whyte's damp mouth. So let's.

I have a terrible feeling, however, that there may still be a few stragglers, a rump of heartbreakingly stupid and credulous dobbers who may cling to Whyte's words and try to give him the benefit of doubt. These sort of people deserve everything that's coming, to be fair.

Dev - thanks, hello. Nice to see you again. I trust you'll have been acting with restraint and dignity whilst watching the Ibrox holocaust unfold. I feel sure you won't even have allowed yourself the pleasure of a very thin-lipped smile. No.

3. EspaniaCelt

Have you no compassion in your heart for the afflicted?

4. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Eh? Whit's e' sayin? Is he sayin summat aboot summat?

5. Psychosomatic

Hmm. At the risk of being serious for a moment (and nobody wants to see that happen, surely), no. Or, at the least, I'm no longer sure. I wouldn't want such a cheap man (Whyte) to take down such a venerable institution - but then I didn't want such a cheap man to head such an institution to begin with - and yet find myself wondering if this may, ultimately, be for the best. A reborn Rangers, a fumigated Rangers - shorn of those aspects of the club's history which bring nothing but shame - might just be for the betterment of the Scottish game and Scottish society as a whole. Who knows? The chance to start over with a clean slate is not necessarily a bad thing, just so long as these painful lessons are learnt and their causes avoided in the future. A more humble and realistic Rangers would certainly go down well in this household.

I've certainly got every sympathy for all those Rangers fans who never once sang from the bigoted songsheet and simply wanted to follow their team - you know, like normal human beings.

Gambol, hello. I will kill you. I will will hunt you down and kill you. <grr>

6. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

I, also, have sympathy with mythical beasts.

Save the Unicorns <ok>

7. Go Go Yellowscreen

A bit less We Are The People and a bit more We Are The Humble would be a start <ok>

8. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Naturally, I have been a standard bearer for restraint in my ridiculing of Rangers and their plight. Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon and once the "I's" are dotted and the "T's" crossed we can watch Rangers get flushed down the drain.

<whistle>

9. Super hooper

Super hooper New Member

The whole blame will be pushed on to poor Mr. Whyte. He will have to carry the can for the EBT's and for the double contracts. David murray will explain that Whyte visited him and forced him into doing those terible deeds against his will. Mr Murray will say he was afraid to tell anyone as Mr Whyte had threaten to remove his mobility.

10. Psychosomatic

Save the unicorns? An honourable endeavour. You move me towards action with your sincerity and, with that in mind, I have just bought the memory of unicorns for 50p and promise to spend £5m annually on further unicorns and unicorn development.*

Seriously, the We Are The People song is amongst my least favourite (football) songs of all time. So redolent of a smug, dull-witted Nazism, it properly makes me cringe. Not least because I've always had the haunting suspicion that the people who sing it actually believe what they are singing to be true. Fat people sing this song, greasy people with power-issues, bad skin and drearily regular appointments at the benefits office. If these people really are the people, then I'm eternally grateful that they must view me as being contaminated by a different/lesser sort of humanity. Help me Jesus. Have they no self-awareness whatsoever? Galling.

You're a man of dignity, Dev, a man of utmost dignity. Well done.

*Terms and conditions apply.

11. EspaniaCelt

I would think there must be at least a few decent, if misguided, Rangers fans (law of averages and all that) and with the humane idea in mind of 'do unto others.....', they are probably deserving of empathy. (The bigoted fans are stupid but the stupid ones are not necessarily bigoted!) As for the club, I agree, a 'fumigated' Rangers could be ideal. The problem is that, unfortunately, the many Rangers fans who carry their bigoted songsheets around like a bible will still do so, whatever emerges from the ashes.

12. Psychosomatic

All true.

Also, I was maybe being unreasonably idealistic whilst dribbling on about a new, improved Rangers springing fragrantly from the wreckage. You're right, of course, when you say that "the....fans who carry their bigoted songsheets around like a bible will still do so, whatever emerges from the ashes", but I should still be allowed to dream. (I'll just try to do so quietly and privately from now on in, however. Sorted.)

13. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

Andy Goram is a bellend.

14. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

* fixed

15. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

16. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> .

17. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

ah Phycos back...

At last, a sheepshagger with a brain!!

18. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

Concur 100%.

19. EspaniaCelt

Dream to your heart's content but, please, not 'quietly' or 'privately'! This board needs more input from posters capable of lifting it out of the gutter in which some Rangers posters manage to drag it at times, as evidenced by the spewing of their putrid contributions to some threads.....

20. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo