1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hodgeson & Gera

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulham COYW, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

With the appointment of Hodgeson at West Brom I think there is a risk that he will tempt Gera away and back to the Baggies at the end of the season.

I think Gera was a favourite at WBA also but not sure what they think about having him back now.

He's clearly not in Hughe's plans so I would not blame him if he went but it would be a real shame.

What do you think ?

2. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I think you have a very valid point COYW. I really feel for Roy. I wonder how much he regrets going to the ' pool '. I thought he would do a great job there, but, having seen what Kenny Dalgleish in action maybe Roy was not the right man for that job at that time.

I sincerely wish him all the best at West Brom. There are many similarities to when he joined us. They are struggling, so I am sure he will improve them if the players are willing to be patient with his change in playing style.

As for Gera, I would be gutted if he left, he was so instrumental last season, especially in Europe. He was in my opinion player of the season. That said Dembele has come in and been a revelation. It may be a sad moment if he goes, but for his benefit it may be the best solution. Whatever the outcome he will be welcomed at the Cottage with great support. If Jerome Thomas could come the other way this would be cool. I am sure he used to play for Charlton so is South London lad.

Cannot wait for tonight, I really think we can turn them over.

COYW

3. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

I'll not be surprised if Zolly leaves, since he does not seem to fit MH's plans, and had a rare poor game against Bolton.

However, I hope he stays. Given he was our best player last season, I'd keep the name if he went.

COYW

4. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Gera's definately going to leave. Heading back to WBA would be good for him. He needs to start. He's too good to sit on the bench.

5. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Yep. The problem's not with Gera, not really with Hughes, as you can only start with 11 and who'd you elbow to accomodate him? So you can't blame him if he wants to play regularly.

6. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Players need regular games and it's a shame but when Gera has played this season he has been ineffective. In the Bolton game I think he tried too hard and nothing worked. I did feel sorry for him as it was really his last chance.

Good luck to him wherever he goes - I suspect WBA. Great player !

7. GeraScores

Definately starting to think about writing my farewell tribute to Zolly on 606 and wishing him well - I really hope he goes to West Brom.
    COYW

8. GeraScores

Zoltan Gera scored twice tonight for Hungary in The Netherlands.
    I hope he's on the bench on Sunday.

9. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Would certainly be a shame to see Gera leave, but like Rocks said, who would he replace? Demps and Murphy are better players and we can't drop Dembele or Zamora. It just shows how far we have come as a club to have a player of Gera's quality on the bench. The same could be said for Gudjohnsen. I'd honestly prefer him to move abroad, as he's a player who's capable of coming back to haunt us in the future.