1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hodgson needs to go

Discussion in 'England' started by cjuliennech1, Jun 25, 2012.

1. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

The FA are doing some good stuff regarding kids football etc (a bit like cricket did 10 years ago) and Burton is a step in the right direction - but this will take time to come through
    Until then we have to make the most of what we have - that's what Hodgson did

2. redconn

redconn Active Member

I don't want to watch Roy's style of football. Even if it means mostly 1-0 wins in the qualifiers.

We're not a brilliant side, but we're not so bad that we have to play the most dire, unimaginative, parked bus in world football every match. That's what Roy will do.

3. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

so how old would Scholes be in 4 years time,before the Euro's started,it was stated we're not interested in winning them,it's part of the build up to the next world cup.Roy has only been Manager for 6 games,so it's still work in progress.His biggest problem is we don't have many players coming through,because the pl is overcrowed with imported players,and the youth team coaches are'nt good enough,not one player is taught how to keep the ball.

4. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

What a stupid thread, Roy has only been in the job for a few weeks and you already want him to leave <doh>

5. Bobby Pires

Bobby Pires Well-Known Member

Whilst I don't believe in sacking Roy because I feel he needs to be given time, I'm not as satisfied with our tournament as others are.

Fine, we got through to the quarters and not much was expected of us but the Euro's and WC are just as much about showing the rest of the world where your country is at in terms of overall quality and squad potential. This team is supposed to be the beginning of a new generation (Oxo, Hart, Jones, Welbeck, Young, Carrol) and the end of the latter one (Gerrard, Lampard, Terry) but the performances were laughable. Statistically, we were no better than Greece in this tournament. We were the least creative and had the lowest amount of possession ever in a European championship match. Our performances out in Poland/Ukraine have tarnished our reputation amongst football fans and rival players/managers. Hyped up players like Ashley Young and Danny Welbeck really haven't covered themselves in glory, which is partly the fault of Roy and his team for not letting them play to their strengths.

I feel we are a lot better than that showing we gave against Italy, we were just far too scared to assert ourselves and play our own way. To an outsider, our team and style of football hasn't changed atall since our humiliation to Germany. We still play 'kick and rush' but at the moment, we only let Gerrard do it whilst everyone else sits around Hart's box!

6. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Oh FFS, enough with the Redknapp love-fest. He's completely overrated.